“Vacation in Paradise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

You added Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Paseo de los Cocoteros #1 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Vacation in Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Just returned from a week at Paradise. We booked through Interval on a timeshare trade. They gave us a spectacular 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom with a wrap around porch with views of the marina. The room was clean and very quiet. Free WiFi in the room. The beach area was wonderful. Plenty of cabanas and boogie boards for everyone. The beach vendors were not a hassel, just say no thank you and they move on. The water in this area of the bay is not very clear. It would be great for kids, very little undertow and pretty shallow with small waves. There are 2 pools, one for kids and one for adults. However, the adult only pool was not enforced. There were unattended children in every pool. My only complaint would be the distance to PV. It costs $20 USD for a taxi into PV and it takes about 20-30 minutes. Overall the vacation was great and I would love to do it all over again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent a wonderful two weeks in May (Sorry for the delay in reviewing!) at this splendid resort. The resort is 20 minutes from the PV airport and is located on a grand, wide, safe beach. It is next to a lovely marina and a channel from which dawn or dusk are most beautiful to enjoy. The grounds are lush, well maintained and splendidly designed. The facilities such as pools, golf course, spa, gym etc. are first class and easy to access.

Paradise Village is a short motor launch from Vallarta Adventures, one of the greatest tour companies around. We have enjoyed about 15 of their adventures. The resort is walking distance to a lovely little mall, hospital, and even a small casino.
We eat only fish and vegetarian dishes but ate at every restaurant and enjoyed the freshness and creativity of the meals. We also made some meals from food purchased at the small supermarket in the local mall.

Every night, different theme nights were skilfully presented, such as Western Night, Mexican Night, Tropical Night etc.The staff is warm, very friendly and efficient. They make you feel at home very quickly. We enjoyed a wonderful welcome from all, but special mention goes to Antonio ,Sergio, Ricardo and Andres.
In short, this is a great spot for a superb vacation. We are already planning our return.

Room Tip: Less expensive to face the marina and you get less heat! You can see the ocean all day while visitin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lodi, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I booked our 1 bedroom through Interval, and were told that NO ocean view rooms are available through Interval trades unless you want to pay $50 extra per night + 19% tax.

The Beach is great. The ocean is mild and great for swimming, and the water is clean and great for families. We spent hours jumping the wave and boarding. As a Interval International owner, they gave us the worst room in COBA, it was clean, but out dated, small and dark. They changed us the next day when we agreed to a timeshare presentation. My boyfriend and I were not going to pay the extra $50 night, crazy! Anyways our new room in the main building was great, the room was on the 8th floor, overlooked the front of the resort and a glimpse of the ocean. Everything was very clean. The housekeeping was wonderful. And the beach very clean and peaceful. The swimming pools on the other hand, well lots of kids and craziness. Take advantage of the small pool near the COBA building, we frequented this pool as the noise levels were minimal and not to many people there as it was away from the main pools.

We did not do the all inclusive plan for $70 day per person, we ate out at the local restaurants which was nice and when we wanted food or drinks while we were at the resort we just charged it to our room which I think was better and cheaper for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and two kids boy 11 and girl 15, recently returned from the Paradise Village. We booked an extra night because of an airfare deal. Upon our arrival they did not have us down for the extra night but I had copies of all the required confirmations so after 30 minutes of research on their end they "found" us. We had a one bedroom located on the quiet marina side. The worse thing about the accommodations was the bedroom without a real window. I guess it felt claustrophobic to be and I guess I must need some natural light no matter what time of day. The fixtures and lighting need updating but everything was in working order.A family we met on our trip stayed in the "Coba" building and had a nice 2 bedroom unit with full oven and updated. The big drawback for them was the fact that it was also housing to several hundred 12-13 year old mostly boys, on a sailing competition, who were not adequately supervised. They has no problem "deck-hopping in the early morning hours and experimenting with aersol cans and lighters in the hallways. Our friends did call security but never saw anyone arrive. We did not purchase the all inclusive plan but did try the pool grill food which was actually pretty good. ONE BIG NEGATIVE- we ate at the Tulum Buffet and were waited on by a gentleman named Ramone. He slid our plates down in front of us and asked my kids ages which I replied 11 and 15. He burst out laughing and said "Oh 4 adults" and I said that I could show him my sons ID if he preferred and he said that that wasnt necessary. Yes my 11 yr old son is as tall as me and has a large frame and is a football lineman, but he is still 11. When we received the bill were were charged for 4 adults (cutoff is 12). I guess he thought we were trying to pull one on him which I would have to be stupid to do seeing my sons size. My husband and I have over 35yrs of customer service between us and have never done or seen anything so rude as this. When Ramone saw me exit the restaurant to retrieve my sons passport he did make the change on the bill to a child. Afterwards I did show him the ID and had a few quick words with him but in my opniion he should be suspended. And the food was terrible making this the most expensive and worse meal on our 10 day trip. Paradise village is a rather large complex mainly family oriented so dont go on a honeymoon there! The pool can get quite crowded at times. ON A GOOD NOTE-Carlos at the pool is Amazing!!!!!! Jorge too. Also use of the gym is an extra fee if you are not a member. Some nice runs on the beach and push-ups by the pool cured that. Besides how often do you get to run on the beach??? They can keep the gym use charge. The beach is quite nice. Next time we will go Grand Mayan again.

Room Tip: Do try Rocky's Restaurant upstairs from the Casino. Reasonable portions and great prices with g...
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Family of four (two teenagers) here recently for a week in a two bedroom, two bathroom suite. Room was quite large with a full kitchen and nice large wrap around balcony. Bathrooms are nice and clean, but could do with a bit of upgrading with the fixtures and mirrors. Bedrooms have plenty of closet space and nice TVs in each. Beds are typically "Mexico firm" which suited us just fine, but may not suit everyone. Living/dining area is a bit small, but has everything to be comfortable as does the kitchen area. Air conditioners in all rooms worked fine though a bit too noisy.

Didin't hang out at either pool though they seemed large enough for the amount of folks there and both had water slides that looked popular. Beach is the best part of this resort - wide, clean with plenty of palapas, loungers and chairs to go around. Never even half full. Ocean in front was very swimmable and some water sports activities were free which is always a plus. Didn't do the all inclusive package as we like to go off resort typically to eat. Beach side service was excellent - Gabriel looked after us exceptionally well every day. The reality is if you tip you get great service and if you don't then you can't expect super service. Not saying that's right or wrong...it just is. It's no different here than anywhere else in the world. Did have dinner at the resort twice in two different restaurants. Food was good though a bit pricey and there are far better options off resort grounds. Service was solid.

Front desk staff at check in and check out were pleasant, accurate and efficient - no concerns here. Concierge was always very helpful with good recommendations.

Overall a good family style resort with a great beach makes for a fun, relaxing week.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed during July for one week. It is true that the furniture in the lobby is in need of some updating, however considering what I paid for one week it doesn't matter if I would have to sit on plastic chairs: just joking :) Seriously, I did not get the all-inclusive package because it does not appeal to me and my wife, due to dietary reasons. After paying just 546 dollars for one week you can not go wrong. This is just 78 dollars a night for a one bedroom with a full kitchen (equipped with plenty cooking, utensils, dishwasher, dinning area and a living room area with an balcony overlooking the marina!
Not everything went as wonderful as I really wanted it to go. After checking-in and going to my room we noticed that the bathroom was not properly clean. I immediately told my wife not to unpack. While my wife stayed at the room, I went to the concierge and asked to talk to an supervisor or manager in charge. It was then that Mr. Raymundo Huertas sprung into action. Without any hesitation he gave us an upgrade to a suite. He was very apologetic and even invited me for a dinner for two including non-alcoholic drinks, which I took him up on his offer. Whether I was given an upgrade and invited on behalf of management to a free dinner, this was not going to sway me to give this hotel a rating of 5. What really caught my attention with this incident was the positive attitude from the management and customer service which I thought it was outstanding.

Now taking about the facilities in general we were pleasantly surprised and awe with the view from our room towards the marina, beach and the swimming pools. We liked the fact of seeing the pool area bustling with children and family as early as 9 a.m. The pool had an awesome water-slide in the shape of two crocodiles in which the parents keep going with their kids and having fun through-out the day. I even felt jealous of not bringing my grand-kids (I plan to do in the near future) which they would have endless hours of enjoyment in this pool. The beach with its crystal blue water was so inviting I could not resist going into. The beach was located just behind the pool area which was a no-brainier to enjoy it. The water was warm and the waves kept pushing me back to the shore. I definitive enjoyed the beach even when I had to shower off the sand before going back into the resort.
All of the employees were courteous and respectful. Most of them they have been trained to give the daily greeting, such as good morning, how you are doing, etc. They always with a smile in their faces. Gabriela and Maria at the concierge department were very helpful and always greeted me with a smile always displaying a great a attitude.

At check-in we were given an itinerary for the entire week that included activities for everyday. There was always something happening at this resort. Whether it was water aerobics in the morning, or somebody putting up a show or singing in the middle of day or going tropical nights, which I recommend if you enjoy dancing salsa, cumbia and anything else in between, people walking up and down the huge lobby area this place was alive and it was contagious! I paid around 180 dollars to go Rhythms of the Nights which did not really enjoyed. I would save my money and stay at this resort. This is how good in my opinion I believe this resort was.

We liked the energy that the employees, staff and management were displaying, This positive vibes was very contagious and we were caught up in it and we are glad we did. I am already planning to return back. This time I am bringing the gang with me, as I am sure I will be one of the kids to be with my grand-kids enjoying the swimming pools and facilities that Paradise Village has to offer and more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked a vacation package for myself, my husband and our 4 kids through their website. I put down the deposit and thought we were good to go. I called Paradise Village a week before we were supposed to arrive and they had us arriving on the day we were actually supposed to be departing. I advised them of the error and they were able to fix it. We arrived at the resort on our check in day and to my surprise, they say that I owe $200 more than my reservations (that I have printed and in my hand). They tell me that it is not their problem, it is mine. After showing them all my documentation of deposit and reservations, I was told that they would not negotiate. I asked the manager if they would rather I go to another resort than for them to fix the error and I was surprisingly told, yes. I am not sure if they did not think we would go or if they did not think that we could find a place to accommodate us, but we ended up checking in and out with in 3 hours.

We did go into our room after we checked in and I was not impressed. It was smaller than other resorts that we have stayed at and everything was extremely outdated. We were in the COBA tower and the room did have an incredible view of the marina and a very large patio. (it was on the 1st floor)

Room Tip: Marina views from the COBA tower are beautiful and relaxing.