“Wonderful Vacation in Mexico !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Paseo de los Cocoteros #1 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Abington, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Vacation in Mexico !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were first time mexico travelers..so I almost stalked the reviews on the site for almost a month leading up to my vacation. So I have composed my review with the utmost care, honestly and consideration for what I feel are helpful tips for others traveling to this resort. My family and I have just returned from our one week vacation at Paradise Village vacation and we can't stop talking about it. It was a truly wonderful vacation and great time for us and our two sons ages 11 & 17. Our 2 bedroom suite was more than adequate for our living needs during the week. The suite was spacious and was adequately furnished with modern decor and modern appliances. Our balcony view of the marina was very nice to wake up to each morning. The resort grounds and resort area are beautiful and immaculately maintained. The resort is literally nestled within what could be considered a gated community of sorts, which added to the private, safe and secure feeling of the resort area. I can't agree with some of the reviews that mentioned rude staff members. The staff were all extremely welcoming, friendly and accomodating. From the welcome package review with Yolanda, to excellent poolside service of Jose, to the exceptional maid service provided by Antonia - our stay was nothing but superb. There were resort activities scheduled daily for all ages to participate in. The pool and beach area were clean and neatly kept. The restaurants on site have a good variety of menu options and the food was quite tasty - a bit pricey, but well worth it. There are two spa facilities on site, one is beach front and another is located more centrally. The spa services offered are amazing and the services rendered were TOP NOTCH...very very relaxing atmosphere and very professional staff rendering the services. I had the most relaxing massages - YES more than one, that I could have ever imagined. Nearby shopping with a supermarket and other american favorites like dominios, mcdonalds,subway and starbucks were added conveniences for a few comforts of home. Some other things to note are the money conversion situation. All prices are detailed in pesos, so get ready to have your math cap on or your device's calculator handy to convert the prices from pesos to american dollars so you know exactly what you are considering paying for things. The resort does have an on site money conversion window that will convert your american money to pesos - but it will not convert any left over pesos that you dont spend back to american money upon leaving the resort. You may be best served to have money converted in waves or intermittently as you see fit. The resort requires a credit card related hold of a minimum of $250 be placed on a credit card associated with your room reservation which remains for 72hrs. This covers on site charges to the room like poolside drinks/snacks, resturants charges etc... Charges for all tours and related off site trips and such must be paid for in cash or CC(cant be charged to room). Also, despite the accomodating staff presence, there is an attitude some of the staff exhibited that could be classified as a feeling that we are obligated to tip despite the quality of the service or if what they do can even truly be considered as a service rendered. I am always mindful to tip appropriately, but also based on the service rendered. It was just very odd to experience some staff give off this obvious expectation and if you arent reaching for your pocket or wallet they look irritated or give an sorta evil eye. The check in and out process was a bit slow and inefficient. Our reservation couldnt be found upon check in. After we had called ahead and spoke to a supervisor advising of our Sunday not Saturday arrival and had confirmation sent via email advising that the staff was aware of our arrival plans. Certain computers must be used for certain activites and the computer used to check you in..must be the one used to check you out ? or used to settle out you balance before leaving, so we had to walk back and fourth between counters across form each other in the lobby area. Things like that were just abit more labor intense than we were prepared for. Hopefully they can make some simplifications with the check in and out process to make it a tad smoother. And lastly I must add one MAJOR complaint to this review. If you do not intend to buy into a timeshare arrangement, dont spend any time on your vacation attending this presentation at all- despite what you are offered. The preso- takes longer than they tell you it will take (4hrs) and at the end of ours, when we informed our sales rep "MAURO" that we were not interested in buying into any new vacation exchange program more importantly in making a $4000 down pymt on what started out as a $30,000 -point based vacation exchg program they are pitching (and thats for the low end of the exch program), he become down right RUDE, OBNOXIOUS, INSULTING and flatout IGNORANT. After having to discuss this with a mgr and after detailing the occurence two additonal times to other staff who were to give us the vouchers we were promised for sitting thru the preso- we were again subjected to yet one last sales pitch to get us to buy in..COME ON....NO does mean NO especially after the MAURO experience totally blindsided us and we were clearly agitated by the whole situation. So unless you are interested in buying into a vacation exchg program, do not even attend this pitch. It was stated to be a 90 minute preso- which ended up consuming almost 4 hrs of our morning/afternoon - while our kids waited for us to be done with things.... Just wasn't worth the aggravation. And if you take the chance and are interested to see what this programis all about- if you see the name tag MAURO come toward you with an out stretched hand...RUN don't walk the other way !!!! ..This was the only negative experience to what was an otherwise FANTASTIC VACATION !!! I have already referred family and friends to add this resort to their must do vacation list.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This has been one of the best vacations that I have experienced in the last few years! The staff have all been very welcoming and friendly anywhere we have been on property. There is shopping very close to the resort so if you forget anything at home you should be able to find what you are looking for. Rooms are very clean and well maintained! This is a resort that I'd love to bring my closest family members to on a joint vacation or reunion.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I meet family members from the USA and Guadalajara, and one of my relatives have a timeshare . I enjoyed the visit with my family,the beach, the location, the view and most of the personnel was friendly, but a cheff by the name EDMUNDO RAMOS was rude to me and my family.I don't recomend this resort, is overprice and is not a 5 star resort.

Room Tip: Go to other resort.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I brought my family to this hotel to meet up with friends who have a timeshare. We got a deal on our room and sat through the timeshare pitch. Right up front, the hotel is strong in their pitch and sales tactics. This is true, I think, for almost anywhere in Mexico you're going to visit. As an American, this can be uncomfortable because we are not used to it.

I actually found that the best approach is to know what you want and communicate it clearly. Every one of the employees I encountered was super nice and friendly, particularly if I tipped a modest amount (if appropriate) and if I was firm about wanting or not wanting what they are selling. Yes, most employees are selling something, but rest assured they don't make much salary and just want to do their job and be respected and pleasant in the process. No problem.

We enjoyed the beach, the view, the grocery store across the street and taking the public bus into downtown/the romantic zone from in front of the grocery store. The grocery store is reasonably priced if you buy Mexican products. Never buy the imported stuff. It's not necessary and it's wicked expensive. Access to the city bus is easy and also very inexpensive - around $1 or $1.50 per person to get downtown. Ask the driver or check the schedule at the downtown bus station for the schedule to get back without a taxi. The taxi ride is fairly expensive, so don't miss the bus (or just expect it).

Happy hour at the hotel is fun. 2 for 1 drinks with an attentive bar staff. So having a drink by the beach or pool in the afternoon is easy. They also have 2 for 1 on the non-alcoholic fufu drinks, which is fun for the kids.

The room was clean and the balcony nice. We were able to plug into the wall to access internet in the room.

If anything, I'd ask for easier access to info on the public busses, or activities that are not through Vallarta Adventures. We did a couple with reservations through the hotel (Dolphin swim, las Caletas (beach/boat) and kids did zip lining) and all three were very fun and easy access, just not cheap. I personally am not interested in the on-site restaurants (expensive), but I did get a massage at the spa and it was very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Danville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The entire personnel is very unfriendly, don't know to say hello not to mention to crack a smile.
They take your money and that's all they are interested. The buffets have quality food, only cheep liquors, like the tequila has no name, the stake is like a shoe leather, coffee is watered down, but they are charging like the 5 star resorts. The air conditioner is blowing you out of the bed. STAY AWAY FROM THIS OVERPRICED HOTEL

Room Tip: There isn't one
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I'm been a time share owner at Paradise village for ten years and you can't find a nicer beach in Nuevo Vallarta. The rooms are very clean and the grounds are very safe for kids of all ages. They have two Zoos on the property, two large pools with slides, Golf, tennis and all non motorized water sports are free. The food on the beach is really great. Theme nights nightly and a casino with in walking distance. I love this place..

Room Tip: Ocean views pent houses if possible Three bedroom three baths, Kitchens and large balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in july 2013 for two weeks. The weather was perfect-not too hot but pleasant; watching the tropical rainfall is very calming. The bay offers a natural shelter from hurricanes. The resort is excellent with fantastic facilities and is truly a paradise with golden sands. It's main attraction for us was the mini zoo consisting of tigers, leopards, monkeys and parrots and surrounded by an 18 hole golf course and fruit trees. The staff were exceptional and catered for vegetarians.
There are plenty of activities nearby but the extreme adventure is a must for the whole family (longest and safest zip wire ride in Mexico).

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!