“Great Property - not luxury but we love it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Paseo de los Cocoteros #1 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #11 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Dallas
“Great Property - not luxury but we love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've been coming to Vallarta for over 20 years and have owned timeshares all over. We first visited Paradise Village in a trade, but ended up purchasing second-hand because of the family atmosphere. First let me say, this is not a luxurious 4-5 star hotel on American standards - no pillowtops, robes, ultra swank furnishings, down pillows - but it is a very good hotel.

Rooms are spacious and comfortable with all kitchen amenities. We've stayed in studios and bedrooms, and it's really about what you're looking for and price point. The great thing about PV is that it's located so close to the beach that your ocean views are magnificent. The rooms have been updated with granite countertops and stainless appliances. The beds are average with firm mattress and regular pillows. If you upgrade to 1-2 bedroom units, you do have multiple bathrooms which is nice for a family.

You can basically do as much or as little as you want while at the resort. The staff and clientele are friendly, and you'll be making fast friends if you choose to. There are 2 pools - activity and quiet pool. The activity pool is quite crowded with slides, pool games, etc. Bar and food service poolside is good if you make a relationship with your waiter and tip in the beginning. The beach is magnificent with plenty of palapas. There is something for everyone be it beach volleyball, golf, tennis, etc. We've used the kids club many, many times, and our kids have had lots of fun. We love, love the spa. It is showing it's age now that new resorts are popping up nearby, but it is still the best. We spa often, and the Palenique provides some of the best services we've had worldwide.

PV can be a one stop destination if you want, or you can travel into Vallarta or neighboring towns. We love dinner in Bucerias more so than Vallarta because of proximity. Because there is a full kitchen and outdoor grills downstairs, we often stay and cook in which is lovely! Markets and grocery stores are nearby which makes shopping easy.

Paradise Village is a great place for families. It's very secure and safe which we love. You can do as much or as little as you want. Stay on property or adventure out. It's not the newest, latest and greatest in Nuevo. But if you're looking for a room with all amenities of a condo and nice resort, look no further! It's a second home to us.

1,302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Wyandanch, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The grounds and the rooms are clean, well kept and a total delight to enjoy. The tour packages are reasonably prices and the beach, pools, and in-resort restaurants are clear. The activities are good, but they could use more for visitors.

I personally had a great time. The resort ihas a very relaxing environment, as well as an active environment, which is away from the peaceful areas.

Room Tip: If you love the beach, get a room facing the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here late May 2013. We own here, so I don’t think I have anything to contribute for resort comparison, but I will try to give some tips and info and leave it at that. We’ve been to this resort about eight times.
First the BAD. There is very little to complain about. We had a 3 bedroom penthouse. At about 1800sq-ft it is very roomy with washer / dryer. Having a penthouse, the balcony wrapped around the entire corner and was huge. Unfortunately the larger side facing the ocean was a hang out for duck looking birds. The outside table was very dirty and not cleaned by the maid. Also letting BIG birds land all over the railing / fauna / furnishings is unsanitary and messy. We basically could not use this larger side of our balcony. The resort needs to add fish line or some way to keep the birds off. Next bad: Our kitchen sink had zero hot water. We did nothing to try to correct this so I cannot deduct from the rating. But next time I will insist from day one to have hot water for dishes.
The good/ tips.
Beach. Late May the palapas were only about 30% full. They have the best palapas I saw while walking down the beach and they must have a couple hundred. They also have new heavy duty chaise loungers and chairs for the beach / palapas. The loungers and chairs are plastic with cloth mesh that touches the skin. Much better than all plastic types I’ve encountered. Each Palapa has a grass roof and cement (wood patterned table). The Beach in Nuevo is much better than town and I did see signs warning about rocks on the beach farther down. No rocks on this Paradise beach /water. No seaweed. Very shallow grade (especially compared to Cabo), you can walk out a hundred feet or so and not get under-towed into the water. No snorkeling to speak of IMO, this is the Pacific side and the sand is so soft and fine it is floating in the surf.
Vallarta Adventures pontoon boat. Even if you are not doing a Vallarta Adv. Tour (which I recommend you do) you can take the pontoon boat over and watch a dolphin show and check out the compound. They have a bunch of viewing areas for the dolphins, turtles (small) and quite an iguana hoard. They serve lunch items and have a breakfast buffet (8am-9:30am). In years past they had a lunch buffet and I enjoyed that. Otherwise I think it is simple safe Mexican and gringo food.
Free Trolley. You can get to Vallarta Adv. this way too. The trolley runs on a loop and is taken outside the Sunset market at the bus stop. It works to get to several Nuevo restaurants in the area. It does a loop so you can just take the ~30min free ride.
Gyms – As an owner we have free access to both very adequate gyms; one on site and one via a free shuttle at El Tigre golf club. The golf club gym is quite new and has equipment similar to a Gold’s with free weights and machines. I do think it could be spendy if you are not an owner. I’ve payed $10/ day or $50/week at the Royal sands in CUN and would pay that for here too. I think they are around $10US/day.
Sunset Market – Handy market that has about 90% of what is needed. Especially the bakery. We went to MEGA (cab 110 pesos each-way) and Wal-Mart (cab 70 pesos each-way) and generally did not think it was needed. I think the MEGA Corona was 116 pesos / 12, Wal mart 126 pesos/12 and Sunset was around 140 / 12. Oddly if you buy 2 six packs it is less than one 12 pack (160 pesos) at Sunset.
Starbucks is next to Sunset market. They gave an awesome exchange rate (12.6 pesos / $1). Also free wifi of course.
Brand new Casino walking distance down from Sunset / Paradise Plaza. Not open yet in three years, but they let us in to play / demo for free and said they would be open soon. I’m not holding my breath, but don’t really care to gamble anyway.
MEGA (cab 110 pesos) and Wal-Mart (cab 70 pesos) as I stated above if you want to make one big buying trip (because there is a full kitchen and full sized frig. In the rooms.) you can go here. You also have a transfer at the old Vallarta Wal-Mart if you take the 14peso / person public bus into Vallarta. So you can stop in there on your way back to Nuevo and pick up items. Dish soap, paper towels, and cheese are easy to carry and quite a bit less compared to Sunset.
Jude – Is in the Paradise Plaza mall by Sunset. Great Guacamole and Pico-de-gallo in their deli counter. Way better than Wal-mart, but about 2x the cost. Worth it.
La Isla – This is a simple more authentic restaurant between Paradise Plaza mall and Fajita Republic. They close by 4pm. Great Carne Asada tacos. $12 pesos each and Corona $25 pesos each. Easy walking distance.
Taxi Stand food. I cannot remember the name, but if you want something even more authentic than La Isla there is a lady that sells tacos in the island of trees next to the taxi stand just across from the bus stop outside of Starbucks at Paradise Plaza. I’ve walked past this stand probably 50 times and never noticed the few tables and umbrella tucked in the stand of trees. She has a cardboard sign she gets out for the few gringos that show up. They were welcoming, but you will definitely be the outsider. It looked like fish tacos were popular. I tried tongue and pork rind.
That is it for this trip.

Room Tip: Marina side in Coba tower is as good as ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was the most embarrassing and worst stay ever. I have traveled all over the world and I am very easy going with all hotels when I travel since I manage a Hotel in a Very busy location. I recently stayed at Paradise Village and so did about 30 of my family members since we had a family reunion in Puerto Vallarta. When asked if we could have a visitor for the day they gave us a very had time about it and wanted to charge us a $25.00 charge and they could not use the Pool or even visit family in their guest rooms. When Happy hour came along the promoted the 2 for 1 special and when we ordered the drinks they were half the size of the regular drinks so you actually paid for a regular drink split in to 2 half size cups. I have stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna and Westin at Marina and their services super exceed what Paradise village offers. The rooms need a remodel and Lobby furniture looks dated. On our last day at the property I had a visitor come and went in the pool and security came and kicked him out of the pool. I was really embarrassed from the situation. I would think that by having 6 rooms for 6 days each they would be flexible about a visitor however they acted very rude and not professional about the situation. Other cons about this property is that they will not give an extra pool towel if you need it and if for some reason someone else takes your towel from your chair you must pay $20.00 for the towel not being returned. when going in and out of the resort they always count how many people go in and out of the resort. the tours are more expensive if you book with them directly. The resort is far from the actual Puerto Vallarta town. its about 1/2 hour cab ride and its about $25.00 each way from town.

Pros about the property is they have great games for adults and children
Location is near shops
great pools and beach area
free Wifi in the lobby only

Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Paradise village, safe and exclusive. Check point gates get you into the resort which is enclosed around a 15 foot wall with electricity atop. The food is exquisite; fresh fruits, vegetables, fish and meat. Top shelf liquor is always available. We were told tips were included. If you are ok with the staff making about 5$ per day, don't tip. That was not okay with me. A bicycle ride outside the area will give you a good idea of the living conditions. Depressing. That being said, the people were friendly, hard working, and bilingual. They were gracious with my rudimentary Spanish. They worked hard for additional tips. The live music was first rate as the musicians were exceptionally talented. The evening entertainment was wonderful. If there was not such a disparity between resort owners and employees, I would have rated paradise village 5 stars. Seeing the employees living in squalid poverty was painful

Room Tip: Sea port vs beach side? Sea port side is cooler and less noisy
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I just went to Paradise Village to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! We stayed in a ocean front 1 bedroom suite, and it was perfect to watch the sunsets on the beach every evening. We loved Spa Palenque specials on massages for members! We enjoyed seeing the parrots every morning on our way to our various excursions as well. All the activities Paradise Village organized were very nice if you didn't mind paying the $28-40/pp meals. Otherwise, head to the new Walmart in Nuevo and stock up on a few groceries to cook yourself. Just make sure to also buy dishwashing liquid as the hotel does not provide it. Everything else is in the room though, dishes, pots, pans, and silverware. There is no oven or automatic dishwasher though. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

Room Tip: Ocean view are nice. The Tikal building is where all the activities are (but also where the main lob...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We exchanged through Interval and spent a week here, LOVED it! We had a 1 bedroom and our room had an amazing view of the marina. The accomadations were spacious and very clean! The unit even had a kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The bed is very firm, too firm for my personal taste but you can request a matress topper which helps if you prefer a softer mattress. Our room was in the main tower (4) and was close to both pools. There is always plenty of seating on the beach with plenty of palapas. The beach water is great for boggie boarding and the shoreline is clean and long for those who like to walk or run on it. The only complaint we had about being on the beach is the beach vendors come by too much. Even though you say no thanks, there are two more vendors coming by a few minutes later. They do not allow vendors at the pool so we sometimes left the beach to avoid the constant beach vendors. We ate at the resort a few times and found it was about half the price to eat at the restaraunts at the mall on the property. We did buy the drink tickets, saves you $ on both sodas and alcoholic drinks. We purchased some food at the market and kept it in the kitchen in the room. All the staff at the resort is friendly and helpful. They keep the resort looking great, there are always cleaning. Activities staff was also wonderful! We would definetly stay here again if visiting this area. We also recommend the following dining places in the on site mall- Neopalitos and Jude. We were never hassled at the resort for timeshare presentations but do be careful at the airport, they will bug you there. We did get suckered into a presentation but got a bunch of free gifts so its a personal choice. If I had the choice again I would firmly say no to all timeshare presentations, if you are not going to buy, don't waste your time and theirs! At Paradise Village, this was never a problem, staff was great!

Room Tip: Marina view is beautiful and in a quieter area of the resort
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!