“"GREAT VACATION"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Paseo de los Cocoteros #1 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #11 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Clovis, California, United States
“"GREAT VACATION"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our experience was as follows: Use puertovallartatours.com and hire a car, the airport gauntlet was crazy.
The resort was good overall. The rooms were nice, they do have a little musty smell but hey its humid there. The beds are hard but the pillows are worse. Nonetheless we slept. The staff was nothing short of friendly and helpful. We were "never" approached about a time share until we approached them and prior to that we were never denied anything. We did endure a 2.5 hr ordeal but got $670 worth of tours for $300, your call, it was worth it to us.We are not members and we did not buy into the timeshare. We did not feel overly pressured to buy during presentation either. I will say that the only Saturday that we were there, the time share people were a little more prevalent. The food at the resort overall was acceptable. We did not do all inclusive, attended two theme nights, the mexican fiesta and western night and they were fun. You should take the advice of other posts and eat off of the resort. We ate one night at La Parrilla de Villa and were not disappointed. The Italian restaurant at the resort is also good as well. I saved my drinking for events or excursions that had an open bar but I would have bought the ten tickets for $33 otherwise. Our excursions were the Rhythms Of The Night, Extreme Dolphin Swim, La Murietas snorkeling and Tropical Tour, all were worth the time. We should have rented a car to go to down town Puerto Vallarta but didnt. One should at least for a day. The Tropical Tour briefly stopped there but not for long enough. The most annoying thing about our overall vacation to me was the constant issue of tipping. I understand it but it just gets annoying when every little thing anyone does for you requires or insinuates a tip so be prepared. However, tiping your drink server and houskeeper are not a bad idea for obvious reasons. In conclusion, the resort does a great job keeping you and your money there and I mean the positively. It is very family friendly and adult friendly at the same time. They do a good job tracking you in and out of resort for safety reasons but we never felt unsafe anywhere we went. We would definitely reccommend this resort and definitely return for another vacation.

Room Tip: A marina room is the quietest side of the resort

1,304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just returned from a trip from Paradise Village Nuevo Vallarta(mid Nov). Temp was in the high 80's and low 90's with very slight humidity. This is our 4th time staying at Paradise. The facility and grounds are absolutely clean. Well very kept. I would say this is a family oriented resort. There are two pools for kids and an adult quiet pool and a lap pool. The adult pool has staff standing by in case if children are making noise, they will politely ask them to return to the children pool. Location of resort is walking distance to the shopping plaza which houses several restaurants and McDonald and pizza take out. There is a full size supermarket so you can stock up. Free shuttle service to their golf course and their larger fitness center and tennis center. Staff are very friendly and courteous. This is a time share so as long as you remain firm, it should not be an issue. Tennis Coach Raul is great.
Corrected my tennis bad habit and helped me to improve my game. Food is average depending on what they have as their theme night. The Italian Restaurant Pascadorie is excellent.
I grow to like this place a lot every time I return. Very low key and relaxing.
Can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view room - Banderas Bay. Its wonderful to see the sunset. Gorgeous.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here for a Thursday through Monday weekend, was wonderful!
You actually feel like you're living in Mexico because of the architecture and design and the music playing outdoors. The other hotels on the strip all looked American and they had less than half the huts and space that Paradise Village has. Our studio included a living room and a full kicthen with appliances! We cooked breakfast each morning and stocked up on cerveza and coffee creamer. The bed was hard so we got an extra cushion to put under the sheet, which helped.There were so many guests due to staying for Thanksgiving but it was easy to find your own space on the beach, by the pool, and at restaurants. I always do my research and did go out to dinner at nearby restaurants and downtown. Lunch I always got at the Kikal beach bar which was awesome and cheap.2 for 1 drinks there from 5pm-6pm. Research what the usual charges are for taxis in between zones before you go. We had that handy and no one tried to over-charge us. There's tigers and parrots on your way out of the resort and the marina is right behind the mall. Definitely glad we stayed here and DIDNT' do the presentation. We did that once before and it's a waste unless you're planning to buy. You still get good discounts on activities from other reps that work in booths right outside the resort and in the mall and there;s always online booking which was the way we went. Sunsets on this beach are amazing!

Room Tip: Oceanview and request it once you book. Supposedly there was a waiting list now for people to transf...
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The most uncomfortable bed I ever slept on, the bed was like concrete, the pillows were like a rock, both me and my wife couldn't sleep. We asked for softer pillows and they brought us two smaller rocks. Service was marginal. Then I asked for a map and was sent to the time share sharks. I couldn't get a map until we went through the time share tour. They promised 90 minutes, 2 1/2 hours later I had to get blunt and stand up and walked out. They did give a discount on a tour for our troubles. Location is great, beach was great. One night at dinner I couldn't find a waiter to give me my bill, they had my hotel number when we sat down. So my wife and I left, they called the room while we were sleeping 5 times before I picked up the phone and told them we wouldn't sign the ticket until the next day. There has to be a better place to stay or even to own than this.

Room Tip: The internet said we had a balcony and we didn't, I had to go back to the front desk and demand...
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have been going to Paradise for 20 years and still love it! What a wonderful time we all had on vacation! In a word it was fabulous! Housekeeping, beach beverage folks and overall staff = excellent!

Room Tip: The penthouse was awesome for a large group!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This is the 4th family visit to this resort in 2 years. Paradise Village provides for quick + easy access to and from airport in Puerto Vallarta. WestJet Vacations is very well organized and professional. Transportation provided by small vans instead of large tour buses which avoids multiple stops to other resorts. (Option to take a cab for 150 pesos/ 1 way). Checkin and checkout has improved. (Could still be better to accomodate the crowds.) Rooms are spotless. Resort is really clean. Free WiFi in hotel lobby and pool areas. Main pool area is huge, accomodates a kiddy area, and features 2 massive "alligator" water slides for the kids and adults! Beach is massive and clean but Palapa areas could be raked more frequently. Water in Banderas Bay is warmer than the pool in November and offers great boogy boarding for all ages! Great variety of Theme nights throughout the week and are all very well organized and the food is consistently good. Always the option to opt out of Theme night for a quality quiet dinner at the Tulum restaurant. (Waiter- Sebastian is top notch and so is the food !). Beach waiter (Carlos) is one of the best and knows what service is all about ! This resort vacation caters to all ages. Family always feels safe. Great mix of people and nationalities. Chalk this vacation up for another memorable experience !

• Stayed November 2012
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The resort is very nice and very well maintained. The rooms are beautiful. Do your best to avoid the time share presentation as it is a hard sell and can ruin 1/2 a day of your vacation. Also they don't provide what I would consider are basic Timeshare basics for the rooms, like dish soap and paper towels. The restaurants are pricey but their are nearby restaurants. Down side is that this resort is far removed from downtown Puerto Vallarta. But do try the buses and the for sure the water taxi.

Room Tip: Beach side and farther up are best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!