“We love it at Paradise Village!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

You added Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Av. Paseo de los Cocoteros #1 | Bahia de Banderas, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Lethbridge, AB
“We love it at Paradise Village!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

I can hardly believe that someone would dare to write a bad review about this place! Last month we returned to Paradise for our second visit in three years, our kids love it there and so do we. It is a great family resort with something for everyone. The activities team are awesome and the themed nights are great fun. The grounds are kept spotless and the staff are extremely courteous. Accommodations are first class, we were lucky enough to stay in a penthouse in the new building, it had amazing views of the marina and the bay. We brought my inlaws and their two children with us this time and they too thought it was a fabulous resort.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Friendly Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

Okay... I've heard enough...My family and I have just returned from 2 glorious weeks at Paradise Village . We have had great vacations before but this was – without a doubt the best – most relaxing vacation we have ever experienced – if you don’t want to read an honest good review – stop here – all others proceed with interest and be prepared to share our experiences at Paradise Village.

This resort is NOT the Beverley Hills Swankiest of Swank BUT for a couple/ families of any size -determined to have a good vacation - at reasonable prices - with great service - this is a GREAT starting point.

If you expect to go here and NOT tip and get AMAZING service - you will be disappointed. If you expect great or amazing room/ maid service - tip a bit - you'll get a lot in return ...our maid Elodia was AMAZING (Gracias Elodia) and yours will be too - just show some appreciation for the hard work they do.

Paradise Village works hard to provide you with activities throughout the day - the Activities team - Jose, Ronnie, Thomas, Che Che, Jennie and the "evil" Memo :-) ( don’t play him table-tennis unless you are a world-class caliber player….)will bend over backwards to ensure you are having fun! fun! fun!... They are awesome!! For the evenings you have a new activity every night - the Mexican Fiesta - Monday, Western evening - Wednesday ( care to ride the mechanical bull anyone?) are but two of the special evenings you might not want to miss!

You are close enough to Puerto Vallarta - $11-12 cab ride from N Vallarta to the Malecon or a $2 bus ride ( 2 buses and yes if you go at the wrong time of day it will be crowded ...and yes again the downtown or ‘Centro’ bus ride can be – shall we say – exciting – definitely adventurous to say the least) you are only 1 bus from the super Walmart - if you care to give it a chance or equal distance to my preference - the local Sorriano's at the Marina Vallarta - they work hard to have better prices than Wally and the service is 10x what you would expect at Walmart! If you choose you CAN shop at the local store at the mall @ Paradise Village Shopping Center but yes - just like the locally owned grocery store at home - they do not have the best price in town but do have the kinds of foods you may be looking for.. if you care to pay their prices for it. I have read reviews that said it was very expensive but can tell you that we purchased soda, water and other daily items there and we were not disappointed. Measure your need against the work associated with returning from Sorriano's with water, cervaza etc and you may find the prices at the mall ( a 5 minute walk or 1 minute shuttle ride if you time it right) more attractive!

Please remember that this property is a points based - time share and you will not feel bad if they invite you to a presentation - its to be expected at a time share property. if you want to take advantage of the offer - go ahead... and if not say no...gracias -and get on with your vacation or if you are sure that you are not interested - don't waste your time - say no in advance...

There is an ample supply of beach vendors.... please do not pay their original asking price - the general rule of thumb is that they start at least 100% above what they are hoping to receive for the final price. I usually start at 33% to 40% of the initial asking price. Roberto, Orville, Jorge and George are honorable vendors trying to make a living - give them a chance and you will not be disappointed - we weren't...

Don't take the water taxi to P. Vallarta - its an expensive , bumpy boat ride. A taxi is cheaper - 12.00- 14.00 to the Malecon for all of your party as opposed to the same price per person in your party for the water taxi.

DO go fishing with Miguel. His boat is parked at the dock at Paradise Village - Miguel knows Banderas Bay like you and I know our own homes! We went fishing with him twice. Caught a boat full of fish (Jack Car, Spanish Mackerel and more) both times + saw the MOST amazing whale show I have EVER seen!! I would have paid BIG BUCKS to see this show - 35 minutes with 2 adult humpback whales and a baby - breaching, rolling and frolicking - great pictures and great memories. Also snorkeled off the reefs near La Cruz with Miguel - he can take you to do whatever you desire to do! Give him a chance you won't be disappointed (If you need his cell # - email me and I'll send it to you)

Through the Paradise Village Gift shop we booked a day trip with BanderasBay Adventures (?) to se the Huchoiles Indians - it was a great trip . Our tour director Miguel ( in case you are interested the bus driver's name also was Miguel) was passionate and very knowledgeable. He explained the history, heritage and challenges the Huchoiles people face and have faced throughout the years. The trip is ONLY on Thursday and has a limited number of spaces available - book early - if you are a member you pay about 90.00 US / person - 1/2 price for kids < 12 years of age. It leaves at 0730 and returns almost 12 hours later - you have a a wonderful buffet style late lunch @ 1500 hours on the way home. Definitely worth every penny - these people are direct descendants of the Aztecs and they live a humble lifestyle worshipping Mother Earth for all her beauty and respecting all that she provides for them. There is a chance to purchase genuine Huchoiles crafts at reasonable prices (cheaper than cheap compared to downtown Puerto Vallarta) direct from the people who have labored to create them and so deserve to earn the profits from their efforts!

Bucerias is close, as is the new Mega store (opened in late 2007) - owned and operated by Target stores - if you are worthy of the walk - 2 hours + each way on the beach - its free ...or its a reasonable taxi ride. The vendors in Bucerias are 10- 20% less than the beach vendors you will encounter at Paradise Village - I'll leave it to you to determine whether the price advantage is worthy of the additional cost to travel there...

The rooms are clean, tastefully decorated and central to all of the resort's amenities. There are 2 pools + a lap pool, 4 restaurants + the Il Pescatore at the Marina - great Italian here (service varied from wow to ...where did our waiter go?)
All in all I highly recommend Paradise Village – it is its own slice of Paradise – the service is good+, the food average +, the snacks are great and the drinks are cold , beaches clean, pool clean and accessible!

If you are looking for a safe, secure resort close to Puerto Vallarta without the noise and/or hustle or bustle of PV – that will allow you to have an incredibly relaxing vacation – its here @ Paradise Village!!

• Liked — Excellent service
  • Disliked — prices at restaurants are in the high end for quality
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

We've stayed here twice for spring breaks. The kids love it, nice beach, charging jetskis and parasailing to your room is nice as well. It sounds terrible, but since we're with kids, the variety of familiar food and grocery store at the mall is nice. Take bus into P.V. for at least one day, also use Vallarta Adventures for any activities you want to do, go to their website and book from home to get the best deal. We've done Mariettas, zip lining, dolphin swim, and las caletas, all were awesome and they depart from Nuevo. Also arrange your transfers in advance as well instead of dealing with the timeshare zoo at the airport. If it was just my wife and I we'd stay somewhere else, but this is ideal and geared for families.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

My family and I stayed here in Feb. of '07 and at the time there was a great deal of construction going on. Unfortunately for us the pictures we were shown, both on their website and from our travel agent did not show this, nor were our rooms, in the middle of this constuction listed as available. Many times we would leave our rooms to see plates and leftover food from previous nights room service left outside the elevator, usually for 3 to 4 days untill it was cleaned. If you're looking for a hotel with little or nothing to do outside the hotel grounds (unless you want to spring for a costly cab ride or crowded bus trip) this is the place. Dont expect the big fancy rooms though. We were'nt the only couples that were fooled into thinking we were paying the same high prices as everyone else for the nice central building. Oh and it is certainly no 5 star. I recommend old Vallarta or Bucerias for a more traditional, and enjoyable vacation.

• Liked — The resort is off to itself, limiting the amount of beach vendors, and the beach itself was nice.
  • Disliked — Getting woken up at 6 am by construction crews beginning their day. I could have stayed home and gone to work for that experience.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

My husband and I have been members for 11 years. We have always been treated very well. The resort with out a doubt is very clean, the food is excellent and the people are the most gracious people. I look forward to our visit there ever year. We have taken many friends, family and our staff there to enjoy the beach, sun and the people of Puerto Vallarta.
I do not understand why some people find faults that to me are so minor. We must remember this is a poor country and that we are in thier COUNTRY.
Anyways we are returning again this February 2008 and we look forward to seeing those warm and wonderful people again.

• Liked — the food, serivce, clean rooms and the people
  • Disliked — I have no complaints
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

We stayed at Paradise Village from January 13, 2008 to January 20, 2008. The reason we stayed here is because my Grandparents own a timeshare and so the lodging was paid for. My husband and I read most of the reviews on this site before going, and to be honest we were both a little nervous.

We found the actual grounds of the property to be beautiful, but the rooms are mostly outdated (we were in building 2, the main building) but kept very clean by a wonderful maid staff. I have read other reviews about less than satisfactory linens, but we had no problems with them. They were by no means the 500 thread count we have at home, but they were acceptable. There were no dishwashers in our room, but we either handwashed the dishes or tipped the maid to do so. One thing that really bothered my husband was a lack of "big cups", so we ended up buying water bottles at the mall and drinking from them. Small silly thing, but whatever. We did buy some groceries at the mall, but I would reccomend buying them instead at the Wal Mart or one of the big grocery stores in Pto. Vallarta. The store at the Paradise mall was grossly overpriced. An example would be the bottle of cranberry juice for $8.90 or the aloe vera gel for $10.00. I do highly reccomend the gelatto store in the mall, it was amazing.

The food at the resort was sub par, very overpriced and the service was not at all what my husband and I have experienced in other parts of Mexico. The people of Pto. Vallarta are some of the nicest, but the people of Nvo. Vallarta @ Paradise Village were cold, unfriendly, unsmiling, and less than helpful. Exceptions would be the spa staff and Esperanza at the concierege's area.

If you are looking for places to eat outside the resort, I very highly reccomend Mark's in Buccerias. An $11.00 cab ride is totally worth it to find this amazing, gourmet place. We also enjoyed Paradise Burger and the No Name downtown Pto. Vallarta.

Be prepared for a lot of noise during the day at the resort and absolutely NOTHING to do after about 10:00 p.m. The place was nice, but I would definitely not go there again. We spent last year at Excellence Riviera Cancun and this place can't even compare food wise, drink wise, people wise or space wise.

• Liked — Spa, frozen drinks
  • Disliked — Food, Noise, Lack of Activity at Night, Unfriendly Staff for the Mostpart
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

About us: Stayed at Paradise Village 12/27-1/6/08 Family of five. We were with 3 other families with kids in the 6-14 yr range. We booked the 2 br apt. unit through apple vacations. Have stayed in PV at the Marival before.

Our overall opinion: Good for families with young kids and extended families. Probably not too good for singles, couples and families with teens. Nice spacious rooms, nice beach, good food in restaurants, though not a lot of variety, service ok, lacks entertainment and evening activities, not very teen and pre-teen friendly, feel like you are constantly being asked for tips and nothing is included. Would we go back here again? Probably not, because we felt nickled and dimed to death and we have teens.

The first room we were assigned in the building immediately to the right of the main building was not to my satisfaction. I went to front desk and they could not move me that day. I was told to come back the next day. I was then moved to a room in the new building, by the marina. This was a much better room!

The pluses: spacious room with nice view of marina and mountains, kitchen w/ dishwasher, washer/dryer in room, nice beach, pools/hot tubs were ok, food is good to very good, service ok, mall next door, easy to get beach chairs, small enough that kids can walk around, big enough that you don't feel too crowded, nice workout facility.

The minuses: You can buy groceries at the store, and go out to dinners but if you are like us with lots of kids that eat constantly and take one sip of a drink you will go broke unless you do the all inclusive. The food is very expensive, even if you do all inclusive $85 per person per day and much higher if you buy a la carte. Also, you have to sign for every drink or meal on the all inclusive plan and the wait staff still expect you tip becuase the bills say "tip not included", even though tips are supposed to be included. This is something the resort needs to address with a card system, training or something. Also, the staff is not very kid friendly, so expect to accompany your kids to restaurants/bars so that they can get service. There are only 3 restaurants that are in the all inclusive plan. The resort has rotating fare one night per week, the western night was the best, the others were ok. You also get 1 day at the jungle, but this is not very good. The resort basically closes down at 10:30 pm other than the jungle disco, which is not very good. So if you are expecting to get a drink or evening entertainment you will be disappointed. There is a 11PM silence enforced which is is another disadvantage. Also, the other facilities of the resort such as el tigre pool, and playroom, italian restaurant, jungle disco, golf, etc. are not included. Plus the hotel charges more than you can get on the beach for watersports such as parasailing and jetski. Hard to get chairs at main pool unless you get there early. But it's too loud there anyways, so we only spent one day there. Only two pools and a lap pool and 3 hot tubs in the main resort-the one by the marina is nice! Attended the new years party and this too was not in the all inclusive plan like at most resorts, so they charged $100 per person, $120 if not on the all inclusive. This was definitely not worth the money, the tables were setup on the sand, the food was lousy, the band was lousy, service was virtually non existent, I even had to chase the waiter to get a drink. My wife ordered a drink and they billed us, becuse they said it was after 11PM-go figure! I later disputed this and they took it off. So go somewhere else for new years.

You can buy groceries at the store, and go out to dinners but if you are like us with lots of kids that eat constantly and take one sip of a drink you will go broke. Anyways, the grocery store at the mall is nice, but expensive. But if you want to pay less you will need a taxi or rental car to get to the commerical mexicana or walmart. Also the restaurants in nuevo vallarta were not that good we went to the Argentine (El Porteno) and Fajita Republic so you have to go to PV or marina vallarta to get a good meal. You can also take a bus to town or the water taxi. We took the water taxi in to PV one day and it was definitely worth the extra fare.

I think paradise village is fine for families with young children, or extended families, but families with older kids will find it to be very expensive.

• Liked — Spacious Rooms
  • Disliked — Nickle and dimed to death
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!