“Las Marietas” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Nuevo Vallarta Marina, Vallarta Adventures offers the widest selection of tours available in the Vallarta area. From the jungles to the sea, our tours provide a safe, fun and informative adventure to people who want to discover all that the area has to offer. Experience a ride on a thrilling zip line, an enchanting cultural performance and candlelit dinner on a private beach, or an eco-adventure tour of the Sierra Madre—no matter who you are or how old you are, we have an adventure just for you. Join us for an adventure, and experience why we are continually rated as Vallarta’s #1 tour company.
Valatie, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Las Marietas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is the second time I took the Las Marietas trip with Vallarta Adventures. The staff and boats are fantastic, no worries here. You start out with a continental breakfast at their land facility, then you board your boat and head out. We saw a lot of birds on the way and it was very late in the whale migration season and we were very lucky to see a number of wales jumping out of the water, and a mother and calf. At the islands the snorkeling is good, but I actually enjoyed the kayaking and the beach more. The lunch is fairly basic, sandwiches, pasta and green salad, but it definitely fit the bill. The blue and yellow footed boobies (rare birds that only live here and in the galapagos) were a great treat to see. The only negative thing I would say is that if you are a snorkeler that enjoys free diving, for insurance and safety reasons you will not be permitted to snorkel without a life preserver. There is still a lot to see and do, but for the person that free dives, this is a detractor. I would absolutely recommend this trip, you will not be disappointed.

Los Angeles, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We took the Sea Safari adventure where we go horseback riding to a waterfall, snorkeling, then eat the best food I have ever had on a remote beach, all by speed boat. It was gorgeous to see puerto vallarta by sea. The guides were so good, knew their stuff, and made sure we were always safe. Our guide even went back to the beach when we were on a boat to get a tourist's forgotten cell phone. My guide's name was Nelly and she was a lot of fun with great energy. When we got back to port, my husband dropped his Burt's Bees into the water and a worker retrieved it for him, to our surprise. Great customer service! I highly recommend this tour if you like adventure. Tip the guides nicely as they tip everyone who helps along the way with the horses, the cool , the waiter/bartender, the photographer, and the driver. They all work hard for our enjoyment.

Lake Arrowhead, California
“Good times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had a wonderful adventure with Richie at Cabodolphins. I spent the morning swimming with dolphins. It was a trip of a lifetime. Thank you Cabodolphins for letting me enjoy a glorious morning. They were great and the photos were incdredible. Thank you for all the good times and wonderful memories.

Richmond, Canada
“Adrenaline Rush for All Ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just got back from sunny Puerto Vallarta two days ago... so I am writing this review now before I become busy soccer mom again. We booked this ziplining adventure activity on our last day of a seven day all inclusive holiday. It was myself ( 46 year old mom) , my 15 year old daughter, her friend and her parents. It was for sure a highlight of our trip and well worth the money. Even the teenagers agreed, it was a great day in the jungle. We started out early( 8 am) with trepidation and nervousness from the hotel by taxi to the adventure centre and were greeted by a smiling Hugo. He instantly made us feel at ease. Then, it was a 20 minute speed boat trip across the bay to a cute, authentic fishing village ( Boca de Tomato land). Here we took a very bumpy ride in an army style truck up a steep road. ( mexican massages for free according to our driver). At the base camp we suited up in wet shirts, helmuts and harnesses. It was then a mule ride up to the top of the mountain. My daughter's mule did a u- turn back to the barn but was able to get back on the trail with the help of Tommy. My mule liked to be at the front of the pack and thus played bumper cars all the way up with my friend's mule. Roxy did a good job of keeping us all moving together.
After some safety instructions, it was time to take the plunge. My thrill seeking daughter went first and so there was no choice but for me to go second. It was an exhilarating first zipline for me across the canyon. The second zipline was fast and my breaking skills poor. Thank god for Hugo who was there to catch me and praise me for my bravery. Overall, there were a lot of ziplines, rappels down waterfalls and beautiful scenery. I stopped to admire the landscape often and on one occasion met up with a beautiful, colourful poisonous snake on my path. Thanks again to Hugo for reassuring me, it could not bite to due to the position of the fangs.LOL... It would have been nice to have this information at the start of the hike.
All in all, It was a great day with fabulous memories made. The knowledgeable and articulate staff (David, Jorge, Tommy, Roxy, Beto and Hugo) were fun and energetic all morning. Safety was a priority reinforced throughout the activity. I highly recommend this trip for all ages.
Looking forward to my next adventure trip already ;)

Calgary, Canada
“a couple of things to think about”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have just recently returned from a great week with the family in Peurto Vallarta. We went on the Extreme Vallarta zip lining trip with vallarta adventures and had the time of our life. The staff were great and extremely professional and made our family confident in letting go of the trees. (great overall customer service experience here) The photographs were also outstanding and make us laugh every time we look at them.
Scuba diving with vallarta adventures at the palladium hotel with Ricardo, he was also extremely professional, supportive and patient. It was our first time trying this and we had our ten year old daughter doing this too. He sent us off for the sea diving tour feeling very confident.

Sea scuba diving: (boat 5). The boat staff, food and entertainment were great. Scuba instructor (Deyvi - "Davie") was not so great, he seemed to forget that this was our first sea dive and that we had our 10 year old daughter with us(customer service training required). Sitting in the baking heat with our wet suits on- not great; one of the guys pouring cold water over you - very great. Being on a busy boat with only a handful of you going scuba diving - not great, you are at the mercy of the majority (rush, rush, rush). Swimming around in the water (10 mins in a current going towards rocks) waiting to dive while people who had just decided to dive 5 minutes before go first - not great (with a 10 year old daughter who is now getting anxious). The dive: the water is initially murky which contributes to the claustrophobia but when you get below that, the coral is amazing and there is lots of fish around to see - great. Waiting on everyone else coming down:- not so great- holding onto the rope while everyone else is coming down - worse, as you get smacked around - really not great, as you should not touch the coral! (apparently i should have been on my knees underwater, but the instructor did not tell me this). Instructor experience, probably a good diver although I did not think that he was good with beginners, as it turns out, no one in our family completed the dive. Not sure if this was due to the party atmosphere on the boat or the confidence we had in our instructor. Also the USB of photos you buy have everyone from the whole boats pictures on them, which I am sure is NOT appropriate. COMPLETE STRANGERS NOW HAVE PICTURES OF MY KIDS!

RECOMMENDATIONS to Vallarta Adventures: I think it would have been beneficial for our hotel instructor to take us out at the end of the week, he got to know us and we felt very safe with him. Also why not put all the diving people on one boat instead of spreading them between several of the boats with parties going on? We could have our party after our dive?

The photographers could take some time to put all their pictures of one family onto one USB. I do not think this would take much longer and people actually want the pictures so would make the time to get them.