“Fabulous Beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Special Offer
$85*
and up
Marietas Islands: Cavern Swim and Snorkel Cruise...
Saskatoon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fabulous Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

A beach that goes on forever! Make sure you walk in the afternoon about 2pm when the tide goes out. That way, you can avoid all the time share people and massage salespersons who don't want to get their feet wet.

2 Thank camzoller

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Long stretch of Sandy Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This beach has a great area to walk in both directions. To the North, is the small town of Bucerias and to the south you can walk for miles. It is always safe and clean.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank palapapete
North Vancouver, British Coumbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

No animals are allowed at the Riu unlike PV dirty beaches. The rollers are swimmable and there are ballon ridings for a price.

Visited December 2012
Saskatchewan
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Awesome Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The entire beach along this area is fantastic. Beautiful sand and hardly a stone to be found. You could walk for miles in either direction and enjoy the view or the water. Dolphins and fish jumping off shore to enjoy as well as lots of stingrays jumping in the water to enjoy. You could watch them riding the waves into shore almost everyday.

1 Thank alviesk
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Almosr Rock Bottom at the Hard Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just returned from the Hard Rock Puerta Vallarta. This property was previously known as the Vallarta Palace which I can accurately guess was not more than a 3 star hotel because even after renovations it still lacks plenty of what Hard Rock promises will be rock star fantasies. To begin with, on arriving there was one bell man, no vallet parking and no welcome towel or drinks common in most upscale resorts. The lobby, although large had one,maybe two small plants which in a tropical area made this resort seem bare and almost boring.

The room made me feel like I just checked into a budget inn when in the bathroom I saw the mirror had pieces around its edges missing. And I was not ammused with the window which is unlocked and allows people in your room to see you sit on the toilet!

I tried my best to make myself comfortable begining the next morning at the buffet. I'll describe the coffee as sub Subway when Subway has stale coffee. The display of foods made you feel that either food is scarce or the resort is under strict budget constraints. But as much as I tried to overlook the buffet I just couldn't when re-heated day old food showed up looking week old. Utensils were not available to take the foods you chose, I had to ask twice for utensils and then two were made available for five differernt foods.

What's good: The best part of the hotel is the front desk staff, concierge, bar staff (outside and inside) and the fabulous Oriental Restaurant. I tried the Oriental restaurant on my third day and that made up for almost everything else; the service, food and manger were outstanding!

What not to try: The buffet and Italian restaurants. My son commented that Stouffers fronzen is better and I felt the service was mediocre at best.

Shows: One very brief show daily, nothing to talk about

What's not so true: I was told the room credit we received was $500 per room. I paid for two rooms but could not combine the credits and even worse,discovered that I could only apply $100 towards the spa services, not as much as I wanted to. The tours are limted to a few which you can apply the credits to, the prices are souped-up and you need to pay a 16% fee for as much credit as you use.

Overall rating: I rate this an O.K. 3.5 Star resort and I have been to many resorts.