“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

You added Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros No. 18, Villa 8 Fracc. Nautico, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Staten Island, New York
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I traveled alone to this resort and felt very safe there. This is a beautiful resort with very friendly and efficient staff. I felt a little pressured upon my arrival after traveling over 11 hours by someone who probably wanted to sell me a time share but that soon dissipated by hotel staff who informed me my room was ready. My only complaint is that the hotel room walls are very thin and I could hear everyone speaking, children crying and noisy people at all hours of the night. The rest of my stay was great!

Room Tip: I actually don't know how to choose - the rooms on my floor have very thin walls - very noisy pe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Bakersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Great family vacation spot. Nice hotel. Pool, kids club, nightly entertainment were all great. Hotel is right on the beach. Beach is clean and ocean is swimmable. Large selection of quality food and great service (ask for Oscar Rodriguez for excellent service)

• Stayed July 2014
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We arrived July 6 and stayed until July 13. We didn't know what to expect, it was our first all inclusive, and thank goodness we were pleasantly surprised. We're already thinking of going back in December. We loved it, the service, the beach, the bartenders in the lounges, to the servers on the beach, (Daniel is wonderful) even the environment convinced us we made a great choice choosing the Occidental Grand Nuevo, We were hesitant at first but they've converted us for sure.

Instead we won't hesitate at all, we can hardly wait to go back and visit again...really soon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CHANNEL MANAGER O, Gerente at Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Traveller021961

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give us your review of your stay.

We are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations. We already share you comment with Daniel, thank you.

Looking forward to welcoming you in December.

Yours sincerely,
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at the occidental from July 12th-19th. We were very pleased with the size of the resort. It took no longer than two minutes to get anywhere on the resort from our room. Our room was on ground level with a small patio just off the theater. It was loud from 9 till 10 with the shows every night but after about 10:30 things got quiet. The room itself was nice and clean with no musty smell. Air conditioning worked too well to my liking so I was glad to be able to open the patio door. Maid service was great and the room was always cleaned before lunch. Pools are nice especially the adult pool. The beach was beautiful, big and clean with lots of lounge chairs and huts for shade.The ocean was warm like a bath tub. The food was the usual all inclusive resort food. The Mexican restaurant was quite disappointing. I cannot comment on the Italian as we cancelled our reservation to go off the resort to a great restaurant we discover a short distance away. There are lots of daily activities if one wants to participate. They have a "spa" but hopefully it will be moved into a better spot. I must say I had one of the best massages ever there though. The staff are all very nice and hard working and take time to chat. We had great service at the beach bar from Daniel Ramirez and Xavier from the buffet. There was some renos going on while we were there and I'd like to go back next year to see them completed. Would I go again? In a heart beat! Is it a five star? No, but it's at least a 4 or 41/2 and had everything we needed and more.

Room Tip: Rooms with patios are nice just avoid the theater side if you like quiet in the early evening. The p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Today is our first day at Occidental Grand Nuevo. Our room is so darn hot, we have had to walk across the street to the mini mall for cold air. We have complained numerous times and have been rest assured that the air is working. We have even paod extra for the Royal Jr. Suite. The room is beautiful, the hotel decor is beautiful on the inside, but with no cold air it just ruins the whole experience. At this point, I would most definitely never come back here nor would I consider a time share. I really hope something changes in the next 4 days I am here. The staff is super nice and seems willing to help, but I don't see how I am going to sleep with little to no air. -very disappointed

• Stayed July 2014
CHANNEL MANAGER O, Manager at Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear slcrawford,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Grand Nuevo Vallarta, also thank you for your kind words about our team.

We apologize for the inconvenience you experience due to the lack of air conditioned, we are sorry to read that your time with us wasn't pleasant completely; our maintenance team has been working and corrected this point.

We hope you give us an opportunity to welcome you to enjoy our improvements in a near future.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family of four were looking for an affordable all-inclusive holiday someplace warm and we ended up choosing the Occidental in Nuevo Vallarta based on the price, the pictures, and the reviews on Trip Advisor.

The accomodations were very nice, everything was a quick walk.

Meals were varied and excellent. We had a choice of a buffet that had no waits with a lot of seating. The buffet served breakfast/lunch/dinner and the selections would be changed up each day. There was also a beach side restaurant where we could order off of a menu. We were given the option of eating once at a Mexican restaurant, and once at an Italian. Formal wear for the men meant pants and shoes but the Risotto at the Italian place made it worth it.

The pools were nice, and it was great that there was an adult pool aside from the family pool. I really would have enjoyed music at the adult pool but other than that it was perfect. Without a swim up bar or food service, it mean a nice clean area that was well maintained.

The staff at the Occidental was what made the stay go from a 4/5 to a 5/5. Everyone was so fantastic, it is hard to remember everyone. However, Ricardo at the hotel bar, Benjamin at the beach bar, and Daniel at the pools went the extra mile (or in Canada the extra Kilometer) to make our experience an eventful and pleasurable one.

If I go back to Nuevo Vallarta, I would definitely stay at the Occidental again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I went to Nuevo Vallarta for our honeymoon and stayed at the Occidental Grand! It was a great experience. Room was comfortable, food was delicious, activities were great! There are attractions and even a mall within walking distance. We highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: higher floors have greater ocean views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!