“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de los Cocoteros No. 18, Villa 8 Fracc. Nautico, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Special Price
EARLY FALL SAVINGS!
Ranked #7 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Saskatoon, Canada
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Time share people were the let down on this place Otherwise it was great service. Great staff Only so many rooms with patio doors out side. Most rooms have no balconies which we enjoy. Food was good,and we loved the fact that there were separate pools for adults and kids. We would go back

• Stayed June 2013

1,061 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Resort was great, very clean, food was delicious, drinks were great (Thanks Benjamin). The staff is extremely helpful and friendly.
But we found one staff member, (Raymundo the bellboy) is the one who helped us the most. We were three traveling, and received the best recommendations to beaches, shopping centers, restaurants outside Occidental. We started calling Raymundo for every question we had. Raymundo speaks English very well, remembered us, asks if we liked his recommendations everyday. He's seemed to really love his job, and was genuinely in a good mood everyday! The personal service is always to me what makes a great vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to the Occidental and it is our destination of choice for a relaxing, hassle free vacation filled with great food, excellent service and beautiful setting. I noted the noise on a previous visit, but this time the renovations were finished and our room was very quiet.

The service is the best we have ever had (thank you Mr. Aguirre, Idaly, Juan, Manuel, Arnulfo and so many others). I enjoyed fresh cooked breakfasts every morning, Filet Mignon at night and Ricardo's Champagne service at lunch.

The room was exactly what we were looking for. I had reservations about leaving the first floor terraces and taking an elevator all the time, but the view was spectacular and I never had to wait for an elevator. Comfortable, quiet and romantic. I also enjoyed being able to open the screened windows for the trade winds and that the screens are sliders so they didn't interfere with pictures. Great touch.

One of the highlights for us was the photo shoot. We really had fun and the only recommendation is that the price was quoted in US dollars, but then we had to pay another exchange rate to turn it into pesos. The price should be quoted in the currency that is accepted to avoid double exchange fees. But otherwise the experience was fantastic.

If I was asked what would make it even better; I would love a band one evening to be able to dance with my wife in such a romantic setting.

We made several new friends there and hope to reconnect with them on other visits.

We will try to revisit in December again with our friends from Canada.

See you soon and once again, muchas gracias!

Room Tip: We chose high and center for a spectacular view of the ocean. No trouble with the elevators. They...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been to this Hotel over 15 times. Of course it used to be under other management and it recently went through major construction! I love this hotel, the staff is EXCELLENT!!! They go out of their way to help you (especially if you tip them a $1 or 2) after every meal. The rooms are nice, clean, and modern. The adult pool is nice and the beach is WONDERFUL! The food is okay, I always find something, it's not the best food but there is usually good fish. The alcohol selection is pretty good, especially because it's an all inclusive hotel. Just a tip!! I love being on the first floor, the balconies are ground level and it's really convenient to go to your room!

I would definitely recommend this place!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I had the best time in this hotel. I personally don't like massive hotels and this one was just perfect. Not much of a night life that's for sure. If your going single and ready to mingle ( as I was ) I don't recomend it. This is perfect for any type of couples and family with kids. A lot of activities for kids todo. But over all everything was perfect. The staff pampered us and made sure that we were happy and taken care of. One of our guest craved sushi, the dinning manager overheard the conversation and we had a sushi night in our room!! That does not happen every where.

The bartenders are all extremely nice! My favorite was Fernando who was serving in the lobby. This guy makes the best drinks in Mexico! And supper nice to chat with and keep you company if your alone at the bar. I did not like the drinks by the pool, they were not as classy and tasty.

The servers in the buffet are extremely friendly also, especially Erik and the nice young lady that works with him during the breakfast shift.

The friendly and caring staff made me want to visit all of the Occidentals! I loved Nuevo Vallarta over all and would HIGHLY RECOMEND this hotel.

I hope to be able to come with a partner or even when I have kids (10 years from now)...

Thank you Occidental!!

• Stayed July 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were there January 2013, the resort was great, so close to the beach, the food was AMAZING, the buffet restaurant was super clean. Very happy overall, will go back.The rooms were spacious,
The staff all around were very friendly and helpful, we took the bus downtown and had a great evening, shopping was good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I spent a wk here along with our daughter and her husband in Feb. this year. Someone met us at the airport along with another couple and drove us to the hotel. Registration was quick and we got our room right away. The servers bent over backwards for us and the meals were very good we all agreed.
Nightly entertainment was of very high quality and we enjoyed the interaction with the crowd.
One morning the bus left without us for a tour & manager sent for a taxi to take us to their next stop, (no cost to us)where they were waiting for us, showing good communications. Our fridge was stocked with water and beer every other day. Staff were great... happy, helpful people employed at this resort/hotel!
If not interested in the time/Share, just say no & they will not bother you again.
With perfect weather & fun atmosphere, a great beach, we all agreed to come back next year. Thank you Occidental!!!

Room Tip: Daughter had her room changed, to be on same floor as us..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!