I've stayed at about a dozen all-inclusives over the years. I would come back to this property. The Occidental is clean and has friendly, excellent service. This is not a property that will "wow" you. The rooms are updated and clean, yet on the small side without balconies (unless you are on the bottom floor). The pool area is not overly impressive, but it is certainly big enough for this smaller resort, with plenty of lounges and umbrellas. They are building a second pool for "adults only." The stretch of beach is great, with plenty of lounges and water sports available. It's only about 15 minutes to the airport. The Italian restaraunt is superb, the Mexican is good, the buffet was hit or miss. Overall, I would say this is a really good all-inclusive value. There are definitely nicer, yet more expensive places. For the money, this is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel