We had a wonderful time in Puerto Vallarta staying at the Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta while vacationing in the Pacific. I normally travel by plane; however decided to venture out by bus that took us about 8hrs ride. It was not bad after all, actually it was very exciting; we had a very comfortable air conditioned vehicle with bathroom and leg rest, TV. I got a bottle of water, soda or juice and a snack. I got to see the scenery throughout the journey and appreciate what one can’t see via air. Once we arrived at the bus station, a taxi was ready to take us to the hotel which cost about $20US. It is about 15-20 minutes ride, it was very quick and the people super nice – what can I say, people of Puerto Vallarta are just nice and welcoming in general.
We decided last minute to stay and experience this newly renovated hotel and I have to say that I loved the property. The personnel at the hotel were superb and the day that we arrived, we were welcomed by the staffs as we entered the property, escorted to The Royal section of the hotel for our check in process in the Concierge desk located in the 6th floor and it is exclusive for Royal clientele. We felt very special because I didn’t know the service until I got to the property. The hotel at a first glance was very cool; love the ambiance, the lighting was great, awesome view of the beach/swimming pool as I walked up the stairs to the very good size main lobby with plenty of lounges and chairs. I really liked the open lounge area of the hotel as the nice breeze comes thru the ocean, perfect for relaxing.
We loved our room, it was very cozy with nice décor, with fruits in the table ready to eat, love the view of the sliding glass door of the bathroom view from the bedroom with nice amenities such as bathrobe and slipper, free internet, a concierge lobby that we spent relaxing. In the Royal section we had the opportunity to experience the Royal Restaurant with a spectacular view of the ocean while dining & enjoying our time together, kids free area if you are looking to be in a more romantic and elegant setting. Love the other restaurants especially the Olivos in the upper section of the restaurant, I just like seating up high overlooking the outside the pool and the ocean. There is an activities desk if you have not planned something before your arrival. I had mine planned before arrival so it was taken care of and we were able to enjoy more time in the destination.
They have a nice size pool, the water in the beach was very warm, pretty big size beach and very soft sand. The cool thing about being in the Royal section, you get your private beach sectioned with Cabanas, love it very much, make me feel more special! There is a Restaurant La Hacienda and a Bar los Olivos next to the beach just a couple of steps away. There is replica of the symbolic stone arches that made me feel like we were in the Malecon, I had to have a picture taken. The surrounding was very well kept, the greens and flowers trimmed
Our favorite Royal personnel were a lady named Gabriela. She took care of our stay and assured that our stay is the best experience until we left the hotel. Indeed it was, even my husband was impressed with her.
Just a note the property has a section that is for vacation members only that normally do not have access to: however they do share the amenities. It didn't bother me at all.
I would definitely recommend the Royal section if you are staying at this property, it is the way to go - you feel more relaxed, very quite, ask for an Ocean view room, we just had a wonderful time in our Junior Suite room even though we weren't in the ocean view! Get the Ocean view room and you will get a different experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel