This hotel is newly renovated. The rooms are decently sized and well decorated. There’s a full length glass pane between the shower and the bedroom, so you get a great view.
Food was good as expected in a Mexico Hotel. The two a la carte restaurants were excellent. Jose from the Italian and Humberto from the Mexican pampered us well. The front desk staff were excellent, Yasmin was the most efficient front desk agent I have encountered in our 5 visits to Nuevo Vallarta. The bellmen, especially Raymundo, provided great service. He was a 5 diamond bellman. Every one was extremely friendly and attentive. The housekeeper made animal shapes with towels every day and it was the highlight of going back to the room for the kids. What animal did she made this time?
The loungers on the right side of the beach were new and very comfortable.
They had bicycles available for use (included in the cost) and it was right across from the Paradise Village Mall. Not an exciting mall, but something to see.
The nightly shows were nothing special if you’ve seen these things before. The daily activities were standard and the kids club wasn’t bad. At night they did not have much for kids to do compared with other places we stayed.
The kids have a good time. Is not a big hotel. I believe the daytime snack bar’s food needs more variety. And the Mexican restaurant could use more ambiance at night, such as décor and music.
The beach bar was busy and fun every night from 9pm until close at 1:30am.
The other bar had a great decor and interesting snacks between 4-6pm
For us this is a hotel for one week relaxation. We had a great time. Loved the new renos, the beach, location and the staff ...of course the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel