“A little slice of heaven....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel RIU Jalisco

You added ClubHotel RIU Jalisco to your Saves list
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avenida de Los Cocoteros, Sn-Lote K, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Kansas City, Missouri
“A little slice of heaven....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I just got back from a week at the Riu Jalisco, in Puerto Vallerta. We had a WONDERFUL week. The drinks were amazing, staff very friendly and courteous. We wished the hotel was a little closer to the ocean, but the gardens were beautiful. The food was about 75% Mexican fare, we wished the buffet had a little "less" Mexican choices and more "other" but we managed. GREAT place for the money! :)

Room Tip: View of gardens was nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel is magnificent. While we were checking in they broght us some lovely beberages. Our room was on the upper floor, lovely quiet, with a view to the immaculate gardens of the hotel and the ocean in the background. We were shocked and laughing at the fact that we had a liquor dispenser in our room! How crazy is that!? you could pour rum, vodka, brandy or tequila! We had a small friedge with beer and sodas! Every day they came to ask if we needed any more beer or sodas! The air conditioner only worked with the sliding door to the balcony shot, which is super-smart to conserve energy. The maids made lovely figures with the towels every day. The restaurants were incredible! We stayed 2 weeks and we loved every minute of it. We borrowed the tenis rackets every morning to take advantage of the shade and played or one hour. After a shower we had a lovely breakfast and joined some of the activities. They have cement built in ping pong tables in the gardens! We played a lot of ping pong! Now, the evening shows where impressive. Lovely girls with amazing bodies, the young men fit and strong and whatever the theme was they performed with the highest quality I've ever seen in an all inclusive resort, the wardroves were first class. I almost felt I was in Vegas. I take my hat off for those bartenders. After the shows everybody came for a drink to the bars and they worked at tornado speed. Under calmer hours as soon as you approached a bar someone greeted you and asked you what kind of beberage you wanted. And all the mixed drinks we tried were amazing! We are NOT heavy drinkers and we had no use for the the liquor dispenser in our bedroom, but a piña colada or margarita while on vacations is wonderful! They had food themes like Mexican night and seafood fiesta. We still talk about that seafood fiesta which was incredible! The deserts were also first class, my husband has a sweet tooth and he had a few pieces with every luch and supper. I had a little taste from his, sadly I gain weight easily so I became a health nut 25 years ago. I am angry at some guests who helped themselves to food they did not eat. I find that sinful! I suggested to the managment to put a little sign advising guests to take what they were going to eat! I saw a woman take 4 different pieces of dessert and walked out without touching ANY of them. I also saw when an American young couple came to eat on flip flops and bathing suits. They were asked to go and change clothes! Good for the staff! Overall, the Riu Jalisco was the best ever, super clean, neat, beautiful, excellent service and food. If I had a magic wand, I would grant me a wish, to move permanently to the Riu Jalisco! :<)

Room Tip: Upper floor with a view to the gardens, pool and ocean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

First Stay at this RIu. I brought my kids with me on this trip and was very happy with the accommodations and the service. They had a blast and enjoyed the amenities the resort had to offer. enjoyed going boogie boarding, playing water polo, competing in resort Olympic games, and aqua aerobics. room was nice and clean, a little smaller than I thought it would be from pics but still more than enough room for the 3 of us.The staff was awesome especially the event and RIu fit staff. Very fun and comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel was very clean and well kept but I think a little to big. It was hard to get two seats together at the pool even if you went down early in the morning. Also did not care for the restaurant arrangements. You needed to make reservations for dinner 2 days in advance and usually when you tried they told us there were none so we ended up at the buffet that never served anything different. We probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Florence, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I recently visited PV for a week of R&R. We booked the ClubHotel Riu Jalisco all-inclusive with Apple Vacations and got a very good deal. We flew non-stop from Philadelphia on Aero Mexico. These were chartered flights and were not overbooked - very nice! The resort is absolutely gorgeous. Impressive fountain courtyard with beautiful landscaping, beautiful pools (loved the swim-up bar!) and clean inviting beach with plenty of lounge chairs and palm trees. Swimming in the Bay of Banderas was a delight - gentle, rolling waves, clear water and clean sand under your feet. During our stay, the resort was kept meticulously clean. Staff could be seen throughout the day mopping the expansive tile floors, shining glass and wiping down furniture. Our king size bedroom on the 6th floor had a great view of the courtyard. The bed was very comfortable with crisp white linens and fluffy pillows. Very nice finishes in the bath area with a large step in shower and separate WC. There was a large flat-screen TV, but very limited English channels. Large closet with lots of hangers and a safe. Maid service was excellent, as was all the service in the resort. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. On the whole, the food was good, but we were a little disappointed with the quality of the evening meals. Perhaps it was due to our later dining habits, or the fact that meals here are mass-produced, but some of the entrees were dry and unappetizing. Breakfast and lunch buffets were much better. All meals had a nice variety of choices, though there are a lot of repeat offerings. Another point worth considering is that there were lots of families at the resort. Couples seeking a romantic getaway may want to consider an adults-only resort. That said, it's a great place to vacation with the kids, with separate swimming and play areas. The spa is lovely, including the secluded hot tub area. Nadia and Alejandra were very sweet and attentive - a very relaxing morning! The outdoor bars were very lively during and after the entertainment each evening. Discotheque is loud and pulsating for the younger set. Dance lessons and fitness classes round out the day. I loved that you could find activities to do if you wished or (like me) you could find a quiet spot on the beach to laze the day away. Plenty of day or half-day trips to take - go into town to shop or into the jungle to zip-line or horse-back ride up to a hidden fresh-water falls and swim in the grotto (my fave). I recommend Vallarta Adventures - the staff is awesome! My favorite thing about the all-inclusive: doing tequila shots in our room! : )

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a view.
Albert Lea, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed at the Riu Jalisco April 6th-9th, 2014 and would highly recommend this resort. When you first walk in to the hotel it is beautiful. We arrived at 11am and check in is normally 3pm but they already had a room available for us. The hotel was very clean with maids mopping the floors all the time, staff was exceptional, food was wonderful. The bartenders were excellent and right on top of getting your drinks. We enjoyed watching the fun interactive games at the pool and the shows at night. We would definately return to Riu Jalisco!!!

A Habana-Hayward, MN

IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had a review about this resort with pictures... somehow they seem to have disappeared.
The resort was very clean.
the rooms were clean .hated the bad it had a plastic cover on it. you can hear everything in the hallways like screaming teens that are coming home at 4 o'clock in the morning!
also it smells like a litter box in the hallways maybe because of all the wild cats peeing everywhere.!!!
the staff was amazing bartenders were great entertainment that was amazing...

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel RIU Jalisco? Share your experiences!