I'll break it down into categories:
Purpose: Was a romantic getaway for me and my boyfriend.
Food: typical buffet slop. Looks spectacular but leaves much to be desired when you actually eat it. No flavor and greasy. Made me feel like a food snob, but I don't think it's too much to ask for flavor. Authentic Mexican food is so filled with flavor, I would have liked to see some of that there. Even the "A la carte" restaurants were not a la carte. They were buffet. And not good. The snack bar was an embarrassment. Stale tortillas and cold processed cheese sauce. We ate out of the resort as much as possible. Would never do all inclusive again. Just isn't worth it. The most annoying part of the a la carte restaurants was that you would have to wait in line in the mornings the lobby to book a day and time to go to the restaurants. The line was usually 1/2 hr to 45 min wait and when we would finally make it they would tell us the restaurant we wanted was full. We could only book up to two days in advance. So we had to do this 3-4 times during our week. Poor setup. Also the main buffet (no reservation required) didn't open for dinner till 6:30. I found that pretty late.
Booze: exactly what you expect, tastes like gas. We brought our own. Again defeats the purpose of all inclusive.
The grounds: were quite pretty and well kept, though pool was always packed with boozers. And sometimes tough finding a free chair. The beach was pretty and nice to walk along. We spent most our time walking up to and spending our days in Bucerias. Was such a great little town with delicious street tacos and amazing churros.
The rooms: nothing special. Bed was not bad comfort-wise. But lacked simple amenities. Like a clock. It had more gasoline (I mean booze) in the room but we didn't even touch it. The fridge would only sometimes get stocked. Our toilet broke a couple times, not really end of the world, but kinda yucky. Was a great view from our room, it over looked the courtyard and beach, however; it was so incredibly loud all night till around 3am, every night. I would of much rather had the quiet than the view.
The staff: they're probably the best part of the Riu!! Very friendly and accommodating and so willing to talk and help. Such hard workers.
Overall the Riu was a bit of a let down and I wouldn't consider 4.5 stars. Maybe 3 and even then I'm being very generous. I wouldn't have minded so much if I had got a rockin deal to stay there but when you spend $1300, per person I definitely feel a little ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In Riviera Nayarit, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa de Flamingos beach, 2 km / 1.5 Miles from Nuevo Vallarta * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 5-story building * 2 km / 1.25 Miles from various shops * 13 km / 8 miles from the airport * 300 m / 990 ft. From Flamingos Golf Club * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your ClubHotel RIU Jalisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Riviera Nayarit