We have stayed at the Riu palace in Cabo and based off of our amazing experience there, we thought it would be the same at this Riu Jalisco, sadly to say that was not the case at all! From the time of check in to check out our room smelt very bad, there was mold spots. We complained and they said they could change us rooms the next day, the room was better but still very small and beds are super hard. The maid service didn't change are sheets or clean,they just made your bed. We had to ask to get our bed sheets changed. They don't restock your beverages every day, which I think is important since we need bottled water in hot weather. We had no hot water in the shower the 10 days we were there, they did nothing to fix it. The food was horrible! We got sick almost every night. Stay away from there sushi and fish. The lines to the buffets were crazy, it's like a bunch of push and shove to get food, like a big feeding frenzy. We felt like we had to be on a schedule the entire vacation cause open and closing times. The reservations for there restaurants you have be in line at 8am to get maybe 1 reservation for 2 days out, and stand in line for a hour and a half. Who wants to that on there vacation? Everything there is one big waiting game. The service was horrible. No one to seat you, your lucky if u get someone to assist you with beverages. The alcohol is watered down, my husband looked at the labels on the alcohol bottles in the room dispensers and they all said 2012 and 2013. At the rate they go threw booze there is no way there would be anything over a month old. They have NO room service they have a fridge in sports bar if u want food after dinner time full of hot dogs and hamburgers and rotten fruit. Which we did not want to eat, in fear of getting sick again. To get good food we went into Puerto Vallarta and ate. The town is beautiful big malacon a lot of shops and good restaurants. That was the highlight of our vacation. The grounds at the Riu jalisco were beautiful. But unfortunately that was the only good thing. And you only get 90min of wifi in the lobby a day. Otherwise you have to buy it. For a Riu hotel this was the worst ever. We will never stay here again and do not recommend this place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In Riviera Nayarit, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa de Flamingos beach, 2 km / 1.5 Miles from Nuevo Vallarta * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 5-story building * 2 km / 1.25 Miles from various shops * 13 km / 8 miles from the airport * 300 m / 990 ft. From Flamingos Golf Club * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel RIU Jalisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Riviera Nayarit