Stayed one week during March 2014. Found huge dead bug in shower on arrival and another dead on floor mid stay. Something gave three people in our group terrible a terrible rash. Doctor back home says it was probably detergent used in bedding. One woman's hand swelled up so bad the all inclusive bracelet was digging into her skin. She asked front desk staff to cut it off and put it on her other less swollen wrist. They refused. The bed in my room was missing a leg. I had to sleep on one side only or the bed would tilt. I asked for it to be fixed. It was not. When I touched the shower fixture apparatus it fell off the wall. I asked for it to be fixed. It was not. We basically had to shower with a garden hose for a week. The beach smells and the water was murky. The food was really good at the buffet but if you want a la carte you have to line up a 7am and wait until they start taking reservations at 8 am. Even then you can only book one dinner 48hrs in advance. You can also bribe your way into the a la carte if you prefer to make your own rules. 50 pesos did the trick for more than one guest that I spoke with. The internet is ok for basic emails but far too slow to send any pictures home. You can only use it once every 24hrs and only on the lobby. You have to pay extra if you want more. I had to ask for new bedding when our two year old threw up in the middle of the night. It never came so we made do with what we had. I asked again after breakfast and left 50 pesos on the bed. I was ready to give the resort a Luke warm rating until checkout. At checkout they wouldn't call me a cab until I gave the 500 pesos for soiled bedding. For some baby barf they wanted 500 pesos! I asked them to consider the broken shower and broken bed in my room and suggested we call it even. Sorry Senor I can't change it on my computer system and I cant call you a cab until checkout is complete. Lol. Rather than check out a Mexican jail I paid the bum and got in my cab. Don't get me wrong. We had a nice time and met lots of friendly people. Our group was pretty salt of the earth and easy to please. I just expected more than a 2 star experience. The Rio chain won't see another nickel from me. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In Riviera Nayarit, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa de Flamingos beach, 2 km / 1.5 Miles from Nuevo Vallarta * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 5-story building * 2 km / 1.25 Miles from various shops * 13 km / 8 miles from the airport * 300 m / 990 ft. From Flamingos Golf Club * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel RIU Jalisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Riviera Nayarit