“very nice all inclusive resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel RIU Jalisco

You added ClubHotel RIU Jalisco to your Saves list
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avenida de Los Cocoteros, Sn-Lote K, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Kingsford
“very nice all inclusive resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We spent seven nights at the club hotel riu Jalisco in January . The hotel was beautiful, the room clean and comfortable, the food very good and the staff extraordinarily friendly and gracious. We ate in the main buffet restaurant each evening except for one dinner in the Italian restaurant which we did not think was as good as the buffet. The pools were very nice and pleasantly uncrowded. The beach was lovely, plenty of beach chairs. The nightly entertainment was not very appealing to us- but always had a good crowd- so many must have liked it. Our trip was booked through Apple tours and they delivered on shuttles to and from the hotel and had a staff member at the hotel each day to help with questions, booking tours, etc. We took a very good whale watching half day tour. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: If walking is a problem- avoid the third floor-no elevator service to that floor. We were switched t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
New Lenox, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here from Feb. 15th - 19th... Just wanted to get away from the snow and cold in Illinois. Didnt expect too much at this resort...got a great price! We were pleasantly surprised!! Room was newly renovated and had a great view of the courtyard and close to lobby and short walk down hall to sportsbar. Sportsbar open 24 hours and you can get coffee or cappacino in the morning there. Beach was great!! Long walks for sure either way...Plenty of loungers by pool and beach.. Sun does not come up on beach til around 9:30ish...but you can lay on beach in sun til around 7:00pm!!! Fitness room is small and no dumbells and limited equipment. But got a decent workout in anyway.. Food was just okay I guess...not bad just not great..reservations is a joke! Cant get in any restaurants first 2 days you are there for ala cartes cause they let everyone reserve 2 days in advance. So they are full when you try for first evening there or the next nite. Mexican restaurant was a buffet so we ate there twice and it was pretty good. Steakhouse was good too, But the service here is awesome! Never had to ask for next drink. Filled it as you take yur second to last sip.
Didnt expect tips either but we did anyway. This is an older crowd resort. Not alot of young people and not alot of partying which was fine for me and my hubby. Go with an open mind and yu will love this place! We will definately return especially for the price and awesome weather!

Room Tip: Standard junior suite was just fine..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Swift Current, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at the RIU Jalisco from Feb 9-16th/14. I am severely allergic to Gluten and the main reason we chose this hotel is we were told what a great hotel this was for Gluten Free eating, its listed as a 4+ stars on the GF hotel list. I will say that the Chefs were helpful and I did not have an instance where I had a reaction to Gluten. But the food was blah, they did not really understand what I could have so to err on the side of caution I was cooked bland no flavour meals. SO if you don't mind having grilled meats (plain), fruit and veggies for a week then its a great place, they did keep me safe and for that I am eternally grateful. It would be nice if they had a label next to food that is GF so it makes life easier. My husband and children enjoyed the buffets and were satisfied with the choices and flavours.

The beds were hard but the rooms were good. There is only one set of elevators in the main lobby so if you are on any floor above three, you will get lots of exercise walking up many flights of stairs multiple times a day (we were on the fifth floor far away from the elevators). Not a complaint as we made a game of climbing up and down the stairs.

The staff is very friendly and we enjoyed the nightly entertainment, the guys that ran the water sports were so friendly and helpful, we used the body boards, kayaked, and went for a ride on the Catamaran.

There is lots to do in the resort itself, depending on what you want. We enjoyed playing beach volleyball, walking along the beach, the boys para-sailed ($50 or $600 pesos), the beach vendors could get to be too much, but they were friendly as well, we got our hair braided, enjoyed fresh coconut milk, last day there we swam with the Manta rays and fish around us.

We went to this resort expecting very little because we are not high maintenance people and we enjoy the simple things in life, we wanted a place for me to be safe while eating, a place our children (11 & 15) were safe and could enjoy our first vacation out of the country as a family, and we got that. The beginning of the week as nice as there wasn't as many people so it was great. The last two days we were there was the beginning of spring break so it got busier (not as nice).

We went into PV twice and took cabs, we went to Wal-Mart once (you have not lived until you have been to a Mexican Wal-mart lol), found some GF stuff for me to take back to the hotel. While in PV we found Corn Nachos which were safe (along the Malecon), we did an excursion to Las Caletas the one day (was expensive for our family of four, three hours travel time, four hours on the beach), but it was worth it for the beautiful clear water, snorkeling and the FOOD! That was the one day I had food that had flavor it was incredible (Victor and the Chef were extremely helpful).

So all in all the vacation was a success and we enjoyed the hotel, the staff, the sun, the sand, we spent more time in the ocean than we did at the pools (even though they were nice). My husband and I have been to both sides of Mexico, and they have good points to each. I feel that PV side is safer and more of a place I would take my children. However I think I would rent an apartment next time to cook food from the market so I can eat less boring food. The excursions are not as fun as the Mayan side.

I hope this helps any others who lead a Gluten Free lifestyle and also to others looking for a good family vacation spot.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Well on January 19th 2014 a friend and I travelled to Puerto Vallarta and stayed at the Jalisco. It was great. We flew with Sunwing airlines and they were awesome,and for sure will travel with them again in the near distant future. Everything went smooth at the airport as my friend was in a wheel chair and it speeded the process up. One of the workers at the airport was so kind to us even wheeled dale right to the buss. I was so greatful as I had 2 suitcases to take.

Check in was a breeze,and our room was ready it was on the 5th floor room 5174,a nice view of the gardens, Meals were top notch everyone sure worked hard and we sure appreciated it. The shows were wonderful,we really enjoy attending them a different one every night. Activity staff went out of there way to make sure you were well taken care of.

They had Riu Land for the children and Valentino was so good with the little ones after all they deserve tto have their fun to. All in aall it was a great 2 weeks sad to come back to Calgaary but if all is well we will be back next November.

Room Tip: We were on an upper floor and had a great view of the gardens.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff were all so friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs. Night time bartenders were very fun. The housekeeping staff were so efficient and helpful. Everything was clean and the new. The food was good...not spectacular, but there was a good variety and we were never disappointed. We would go back. My husband misplaced his key card and when we asked for a new one, they said there was a $20 charge for that. ??? That was annoying, as was the $10 charge for an umbrella on the beach. Overall, we had a wonderful experience.

We took the bus into downtown, it was much cheaper than a cab and was super easy to navigate. We also made the one hour walk down the beach to Bucarias...very fun little town.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor...great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Got an unbelievable deal through Apple. All inclusive with air for $700 per person from Chicago for 7 days 6 nights. No idea how they made money after air, food, and drinks all inclusive. It's not absolute top of the line place, but it's close enough I'd still pay just as much as anyone else is charging in that area. Service was as well as you could expect. I was satisfied with the food, but it could have been better. I wish they had more than one kind of beer, but they have everything else you can imagine to drink. I didn't run into anyone there that had anything bad to say about the place, other than watch out for the birds, they'll steal your food in the open air restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Regina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went in mid november 2013 the day it re-opened after renovations. We had never stayed at this riu before but have at others. We found the food to be fine but extremely frustrated by their rules for booking into restaurants. Having to book 2 days before instead of being able to bookd for the week in at least 1 of each of them. We ended up with only one night in the italian restaurant and not in any others. The entertainment was ok in the evenings and the evening bartender staff were awesome. The morning buffet had good food but the staff were not very eager to bring cofee and juice to the table. I tipped every meal and still had to get our cofee on day 7 after having 3 different waitresses walk by totally ignoring us. Its not like we are unfriendly. We love to visit and are always nice to the staff. The rooms were ok. Beds very firm.

Room Tip: Top floors if you want to see the ocean. Non ocean view would probably be quieter in the evening. Th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel RIU Jalisco? Share your experiences!