We stayed at the end of the complex closest to the ocean. The building is "U" shaped and both ends of the U are towards the ocean. We were on the 3rd floor and almost had a good view, but not quite.
The food was decent, plentiful and fresh, with a good selection of North American and local fare. There are booze dipensers in the room, but I found that it was stocked with what you might call no-name or knock-off brands, except for the tequila. If consuming alcohol is your thing, the RIU will definitely please (however the white wine served in the dining rooms was not so good).
The adult focussed entertainment was nothing special. Although we didn't have any kids with us, my wife and I took in the kids entertainment one night. It was actually really fun and the kids there had a blast. The staff and singers really got them up and going.
The two nicest things about our stay was (1) The ocean side buffet diner: the view, the breeze the sound of the occean - amazing. (2) The upstairs bar - a great place for a quiet night cap and chit chat. Also a great perch for people watching. Ramon in the upstairs bar is an awesome mixologist. I was amazed at what he knew how to make just from memory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In Riviera Nayarit, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa de Flamingos beach, 2 km / 1.5 Miles from Nuevo Vallarta * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 5-story building * 2 km / 1.25 Miles from various shops * 13 km / 8 miles from the airport * 300 m / 990 ft. From Flamingos Golf Club * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel RIU Jalisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Riviera Nayarit