Firstly, let me preface this by saying that yes, the entertainment finishes at 11ish, the clean towel count in your room may not be the same every day, say "no" to the time share and you won't be bothered again, and don't in one breath talk about how poorly people are paid and how it is 'third world' and then complain about service, food, linens or whatever.
Just returned three days ago, and loved this place. My girlfriend and I were sent by reluctant husbands (they had no interest in going to Mexico) on a fact finding mission. The reviews are in and they will be joining us next year.
The resort itself is gorgeous, staff friendly, hard working and like most places you will get what you give. This is not to say that tipping is required. As I usually do, I tipped some of the staff (our most entertaining bartender and waiter and our maid) at the END of our stay. I do not believe in tipping to get better service, and indeed have stayed at resorts where there is a no tipping rule (staff get fired if they are found to be accepting tips). The idea of an "all inclusive" is that everyone pays the same for the same service. If you want over and above that, Villamagna offers a "preferred club". As my companion said as our waiters bustled back and forth from the pools and beach to the bar and us, "What more could you possibly want?" and "so exactly what better service would tipping get us?"
The a la carte restaurants are extraordinary in presentation, quality and taste extraordinary and atmosphere exquisite. Portions? - what I would expect from a fine restaurant - you certainly don't leave hungry. If you want to eat from the trough - go to the buffet! And as for waiting, I can't believe that people complain about having to wait for longer than they think is appropriate...have another glass of wine, chat, enjoy the view and weather and be grateful that the restaurant isn't making their money based on 4 sittings a night and hustling you through your dinner.
We witnessed dolphins and whales playing on our beach, not to mention the baby turtles hatching almost daily on our beach walks (and yes the beach is more than spectacular, you can walk MILES in each direction). The jacuzzi tub on our ocean view balcony was a nice place to relax after a long hard day relaxing on the beach or by the pool. Rooms are super cool in design and what's the big deal with the frosted glass doors on the shower and toilet? Ya got peepers with you who are pressed against the glass to check ya out? (Not sure if you could actually see doing that either!) Lots of big fluffy towels, dual vanity, the free standing tub, stocked fridge and 24 hour room service all add to the experience.
This will NOT be a resort for you if you want a bunch of action, that is not what I vacation for, having more than enough of that in my every day life. And I was amazed at how well the kids behaved, this being my first stay at a non adults only resort. I prefer to get sun, meet some new people, read and enjoy a good beverage and a nosh for my week away from home.
My only complaint is that our patio doors were always closed by the staff, every time they made up our room or did turn down (complete with chocolate and event sheet for the next day). Whenever I looked at the building, almost invariably ours was the only room with the doors to the balcony wide open. There are virtually no bugs (whoops, we did have a "table fly" once or twice), the temperatures are glorious to sleep at night and I will get whatever sound of the ocean I can when I can!
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta offers not only the perfect venue for an immersion in luxury, but will serve as the centerpiece of this highly sought-after destination for couples, weddings, friends, business & families. Guests will enjoy all included amenities, sumptuous Junior Suites, access to one of the finest beaches in the area, splendid balconies with breathtaking views of Bandera's Bay and the Sierra Madre range in a deep tropical jungle enclosure; 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini bars; countless daytime activities and night-time entertainments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.