“Amazing holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

You added Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de lo Cocoteros, Lotes 32 y 33, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I visited Dreams Villamagna 6th-20th November 2014. Check in was efficient, just what you need after a 12 hour flight from the UK. It was my first trip to Mexico's Pacific Coast, but it certainly won't be my last.

My room was huge, bed big and comfortable, with an L shaped sofa at one end. It did smell slightly musty, but after a couple of nights, the musty smell had disappeared.

The service in the resort was brilliant - I had room service a couple of times and it was delivered quickly and the food was good.

The poolside waiter service was brilliant - I was usually served by Danjel and Omar, both of whom remembered my drinks order and room number,

Karen in the World Cafe was fantastic, on my last day, she brought out a plate of cake with 'have a nice trip señorita' on it with chocolate.

On my last evening, I went up to the Gohan rooftop bar to watch the sunset. Despite the fact the bar wasn't due to open for another 30 minutes. One of the waiters brought me a glass of white wine (without me asking as I knew they weren't open) for me to watch the sunset with.

There was loads to do, I did 3 trips with Vallarta Adventures - outdoor adventure, scuba diving at Las Caletas and Marietas Islands - on the Marietas Islands trip, we saw wild whales and dolphins - totally amazing.

My 2 week stay at Dreams Villamagna was by far and away the best holiday I have ever had - the food was great, the service was amazing and the whole vibe of the Pacific Coast is so different to the Caribbean Coast!

Take a trip to the village of Sayalita - the beach there is beautiful and there are lots of little surf shops and it has a great vibe!

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Villamagna in the beginning of Nov. for a short 4 day stay. We upgraded to a 8th floor room with Ocean views. The first night we suffered because our room was directly below the roof top sushi bar! The music was pounding until early hours of the morning. We asked to be switched the next morning and were promptly moved to another room.

The rooms are beautiful and clean! Our room had plenty of space and amazing views. The linens were clean and everything worked properly. The room was equipped with a fridge stocked with various drinks including alcohol. The upgraded rooms also have concierge service and a small buffet/drink station available to guests paying for upgraded rooms. The food was average in this area but was great for grabbing a quick snack and/or beverage.

The food the resort offered was great. They offer a variety of choices and the service was amazing! We are not extremely picky when it comes to eating but the food here was above average. Drinks were available around the pool but not allowed in the pool. Servers around the pool were plentiful and helpful. We never had a problem getting a drink.

The temperature of the three pools varied dramatically! The pool near the lobby was warm and comfortable. The closer to the ocean we got the colder the remaining pools were. Seating was a bit limited around the pools but we were able to find seats each day. The beach is clean and seating was plentiful.

My only complaint is entertainment during the day is limited. If you are not into laying out things during the day can get boring. I am not one to sit around so I look for entertainment. The resort does offer some activities but they are limited. Overall I enjoyed the place and would go back with my kids. I think kids would have a blast on this property as it is clean and we felt safe enjoying ourselves. The lobby, which others say does not exist is there. It is not the typical layout but it is there. My wife loved the free coffee bar in the lobby and was the enjoyable highlight of her trip :)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Loved not having to make reservations or wear wristbands. Great room care, great service in all of the restaurants. Waiters remembered our names and what specialty of coffee we liked. Beautiful beach to walk for miles. We had a blast with the entertainment staff, Jonny, Fernando, Lucas, Juan and Ali. Favorite servers, Betty, Karen, Junior, Omar, Hector Lopez and Efron. Totally enjoyed the bike tours and water aerobics.

Room Tip: Facing the ocean to hear the waves.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We visited Dreams Villamagna in Puerto Nuevo in early December, 2014 and I was thoroughly impressed with the resort. It only took 20 minutes from the airport to arrive and after a very quick checkin, we were in our rooms. It was nice that we didn't need to wear wristbands. I don't care too much but if you go into the city, I don't like wearing something that advertises you are a tourist. Even though we took the "tropical view" room, I thought it was very impressive. We still had a view of the ocean and a tremendous view of the surrounding area.

When I heard that we didn't need reservations at the a la carte restaurants, I was skeptical about their quality but they were all fantastic. Our favourite was the Oceana seafood restaurant which also had a great lunch menu and the most attentive staff of any of the restaurants (I wish I could remember our waiter's name).

El Patio was nice but after a few days of the buffet, I wasn't as excited about a Mexican menu. The service wasn't as good there either. Probably not helped by a ridiculous Ukrainian wedding party who was yelling for more tequila most of the time...

The World buffet was very reliable and I particularly liked that they usually featured a few authentic Mexican dishes. They had a bottle of vodka out at breakfast for a little "hair of the dog that bit you" but I fortunately did not have to partake.

Gohan had better sushi than I was expecting. The menu was fairly limited but what they had was great and if you wanted more, you just keep ordering! Our kids are now hooked.

There are several large pools and they never felt crowded at any time of the day. It might have been a bit difficult to find chairs occasionally but if you kept walking, you could always find some. Waiters were constantly walking around to see if you needed anything. I must have looked like I was particularly enjoying the cerveza because a couple of times, they would just bring me an extra one! That was particularly appreciated!

The beach was awesome. I could have sat there all day but the kids liked the pool. The waves were big enough to make it interesting without being dangerous. I donated my prescription sunglasses to the ocean gods though. There were numerous vendors selling trinkets but not too many and they certainly didn't bother you if you weren't interested. Hotel waiters patrolled the beach as well to see if you were thirsty.

My biggest uncertainty before the trip was with respect to tipping. I still don't know what an acceptable level of tipping would be and I didn't carry around pesos all the time. No one ever seemed at all put out if you didn't tip. It seemed after a while that tipping was never expected but certainly never turned down which is as it should be I suppose. It did give me a bit of anxiety though to figure out what was appropriate because those guys are working their butts off.

A particularly nice touch was that you get free long distance to Canada and the US as well as free wi-fi. While it's nice to be disconnected for a while, keeping two kids busy all day long can be a challenge at times. I liked to keep in touch with current events as well.

Overall, we thought it was a very reasonably priced resort with better food and drinks than I expected. The beach was fantastic and every staff member we met was friendly and attentive. We're already making plans to return next year.

Michael W.

Room Tip: They offered to upgrade us to ocean view for a fee but the tropical view was just as nice.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
DreamsVM, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Michael W,

First of all, thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Resort & Spa to be part of your vacations.

It's really nice to know that you had a great vacation and enjoyed our staff service! I appreciate all your kind comments, thank you for sharing with us your Dreams experience, it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our surroundings, be sure I will share your comments with the rest of the staff.

We hope we can host you again to offer you even a better experience.

Best regards.

kent uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed in early Dec for two weeks, the hotel is approx. twenty minutes from the airport, check in was quick and efficient and we were in our room with our luggage within ten minutes of arriving at the hotel.
The fact that you do not have to pre book any of the a la carte restaurants makes a huge positive to your dining experience, these restaurants The World café which is the main buffet/breakfast restaurant offers very good choice and quality with a good service.
The Oceana restaurant is a nice place to eat and also has a bar area this is a informal restaurant but very good menu with very good service and quality food full waiter service.
The Portofino as above edges more towards Italian but good quality.
The Barefoot this is used lunch times and is semi waiter/buffet with a very informal feel to it mainly used for burgers and the like.
The Seaside this restaurant takes over from the barefoot at night and we found this the equal of the Oceana.
The Patio this restaurant edges towards Mexican and again is of a very good standard
and lastly you can take Sushi after nine pm in the Gohan bar on the roof terrace.

There are five bars all serving quality premium brands but it does help if you name the brand you prefer and do not worry about the strength as if you find your drink to weak just ask for a double no problem.
Our room was on the third floor facing the sea and we had a partial sea view as there was also gardens in between us and the sea which gave a good contrast, the room was well maintained with efficient air conditioning which we were thankful of as temperatures reached around thirty two degrees C most days, the Jacuzzi bath on the balcony was a nice touch even better with a cool drink at hand the toiletries provided were of a good quality as was the maid service, our mini bar was kept stocked up daily.
The beach area was brilliant and kept spotless with no sea weed/litter evident anywhere, the pools are kept in immaculate condition with the top family pool being the warmest.
If I had one negative around the pools it was the lack of parasols this being mainly evident around the bottom two pools although by the time we left these had been increased but more are still needed.
All in all the hotel is kept spotlessly clean and is very well maintained and the staff very polite and attentive I would have no qualms in recommending this hotel.
The

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have better views
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear kent uk ,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Resort & Spa to be part of your holidays.

I appreciate your comments and share your experience with us, it's great to know our staff make the difference in your stay and you enjoyed most of the services provided. I apologies for the details you mentioned, we'll share this with our management in order to take care with the right departments and have a better service for our future guests.

Regards.

Chapala, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was a short stay girls trip. I had a 2 day compensation certificate due to a not so pleasant experience at the now defunk Dreams PV. We had spent a week in PV before, and then drove to Nuevo. The trip started off on not so firm footing. First we had a hard time finding resort, we were almost right there yet no one could give good directions. You must go down a side road to get to it. Well yes we made it. The lobby area is a mad house, loud and noisy. Bellboys were great as was valet parking. Check in was quick and we were given a room as requested with 2 beds since a girls trip not couple.

Next a bad turn again as on my comp. certificate were 2 swedish massages, paperwork in myself and husbands name. When I made reservations I mentioned that and was not an issue. Well it was an issue, first it was cannot do that, only you and your husband. Husband in USA. Then after much ado from me, what did it matter husband or my friend. Okay maybe a shortened massage, like split, per my suggestion. That was agreed to. Our room was not ready so we got the massages right away and lo and behold they gave us the full time anyway, thanks to Horacio Flores.

Thinks are looking better now. Spa area is very nice, we sat had something to drink while waiting, never did use the spa facilities afterwards due to lack of time. Our massages were good and the staff was great. Felt much more relaxed by the time our room was ready.

We got into our room around 4:30, it was close to elevator which I thought might be a problem but was not. It was a tropical jr. suite room. I believe 2501. They give you a welcome packet and daily a schedule of activities. Strangely you had to cross road between resort to get to elevator and that tower. I can see potential issue with an accident and pedestrian with this. The room has a secret door they call it, a small cabinet like opening for anything you ask for if do not disturb sign is on, or for room service dishes etc.
The room just goes straight with bathroom area to left, and closet and mini frig., safe to left. The mini frig. is stocked with soda, water, juice, mini beers. There is a coffee maker. Plenty of closet space. Plenty of shelf space. TV is small for room, but works. Sliders onto small balcony with small for 2 table and chairs. View of mountains is fine. Towels in short supply , had to call for them each day after maid left, and linens were just fine as were amenities like soap, shampoo, sewing kit. The beds were comfortable but the pillows the worst I have had in Mexico. I was so longing for my pillow. You are allowed FREE USA & Canada calls. The room was fine for a studio except the bathroom area. There is a soaking tub, but it is not closed off from bed area. The toilet has a glass frosted door, which can be seem thru and the shower is very visible to see thru. Thankfully we realized this as I was in shower when room service came and my friend said wrap towel around you. So a definite layout issue. ( would not have been as big an issue if it were just my husband and myself). Plenty of hot water, facecloths only one out of two days. Two sinks and a mirror and also a magnifying mirror. I love those but the placement of this one was poor, so as you had to lean over soaking tub to use it. Sadly there were tiny ants every day and night in sink vanity area. The real tiny ones that get on you and drive you crazy.
They also provided free Wifi, but not secure and also very, very slow and unreliable. Better than nothing though.

We did order only once room service a snack and wanted also a cocktail but we were told no alcohol allowed to room via room service. That did not please us.

The atmosphere is a bit chaotic, no one seems to know what is going on, such confusion. Times for store on site were wrong, so never did get to check that out.
The pool area is stark, not much foliage, not lush and inviting. Very few loungers, but the ones they have are of good quality. Can only imagine that in high season. There were a few pools, hot tub adults only not enforced. Beach is nice with lots of palapas , but only drink service no food, so no snacks etc. Have to walk all the way back for that. A definite negative.

The Gohan Roof top lounge was nice. No Don Julio tequila though, so not top shelf alcohol. The staff at the lounge were just so so. Not to friendly and we sat at bar and were reached over etc. Stacked up glasses and dishes on end ..dirty, so not appealing.

We had lunch one day in World Cafe. The servers were attentive and friendly. It is a buffet. I found it limited. The only fish since that was mentioned before I went was fish in a sauce and sarami. No shrimp or anything else. No cerviche. No other fish foods. What I had was good but again choices limited.

We had one dinner at El Patio. It is Mexican fare on second floor and no one at bottom scheduling guests to dine. It was packed and our wait was over 45 minutes...with what seemed to be chaos. Everyone cutting each other etc.
We finally got in and the waiters were fine but you could tell they were overwhelmed. We had snails which were just okay. The poblano soup was very good. Osso Bucco was tender and good. The Frida Kahlo Chili was not good at all. I do not suggest it. The Creme Brulee and Litchi was just okay and presentation was very blah. Chocolate mousse with ice cream was fine. Personally this would not be my choice of a restaurant, fare was just okay.

The other dinner we had was at Portofino. Nice atmosphere. Manned well, No children. Our waiter was Jose and he was good. We started with eggplant which was mostly breading or batter. Mussels were okay but very chewy. Crab cakes and salad just okay. Next Asparagus soup very tasty. WE had martinis here and they were good, but not great. Maybe the alcohol or lack of different types, etc. I had the lasagna which was okay but a bit overcooked so kind of mushy, I am okay with that. My friend had Filet Mignon which to our surprise was very good. Tender and flavorful.
For dessert we had Nesuvio de chocolate which is like Lava cake which was excellent. Also Profiterole which is a puff pastry with ice cream no raves there. We wanted flaming coffee but were told no they do not do that. Disappointing.

Overall our stay was pleasant. The food is lacking for sure for the prices, though they have a variety of restaurants. No bracelets needed so not sure n that as anyone could just come in from beach or street. No reservations at restaurants, good if you are going out a lot, but I can imagine long waits in high season. I prefer having a reservation, just my take.

The atmosphere throughout is a bit chaotic so you can feel that. Good for a party vacation but for relaxing maybe not so much so.
This is an average resort with a big name. If I was given a good deal maybe I would return otherwise it is not a repeat place for me. The beach is really great there though I have to admit. I am glad I went and we did have a nice but short time.
Staff on the whole were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear bezerk,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna to be part of your holidays.

Our main goal is exceeded our guests expectations and we really apologies if we did not fulfill your needs during your past vacations. We know this experience should be unique and special with no inconsistency in the service and areas we provide to our guests. However we are greatly appreciate for all your comments and let us know the details you found, be sure we'll still working to improve our service and offer a quality service to our future guests. We'll invite you to come back in the near future to see the improvements in our facilities.

We remain at your service.

Horacio Flores
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Travelled 29 November for 2 weeks on Thomson Dreamliner. Pleasantly surprised, more leg room and comfort than normal chartered long haul flights with drinks included in standard economy.

Arrived at hotel and quick check in. Room was very large and comfortable with a mountain view. All areas of hotel were spotlessly clean.

As mentioned before in other reviews, the staff here are amazing, so friendly. Karen at the buffet restaurant remembered our room number on day 2, before I had even remembered it!

The pool wait staff were excellent, constantly bringing drinks, often when we hadn't even asked for them! Betty and Julio were brilliant, supplying us with lots of mango margaritas and baileys. Drinks measures were very generous too.

We ate in the buffet restaurant for breakfast and lunch but went to the Al la carte restaurants in the evenings. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice but limited for lunch compared to other all inclusive resorts we have been to.

We liked all the Al la cartes and ate in all of them at least twice during our stay. Great service except once in the Mexican restaurant when our waiter seemed reluctant to top up our drinks, this never happened at any other time, normally the wine was kept topped up throughout the meals.

We did three trips through Thomson rep which are organised by Vallarta Adventures.

Rhythms of the night which was a catamaran ride to an island for a dance show then dinner in a lovely setting overlooking a beach.

San Sebastián, a trip to a traditional old town in the mountains, stopping at a tequila factory, coffee factory and hacienda on the way.

Yelapa, a speedboat ride to a little town, walk to a waterfall, horse riding, snorkelling and bbq lunch.

We enjoyed all 3 trips and also got the local bus into Puerto Vallarta one morning to do some shopping. Puerto Vallarta was a very nice town and well worth the visit.

We have travelled to the riviera maya region 3 times before but liked this part of Mexico better and will more than likely return to Dreams Villamanga.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Tracey F,

I would like to start by saying thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Resort & Spa to be part of your holidays, and also for sharing your opinion with our future visitors, it is a pleasure to know you had an enjoyable experience with us.

I hope you can come back on your next trip and feel free to contact us prior your arrival, it will be our pleasure assist you personally.

Best regards.

Quality & Guest Service Manager.

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!