“Great vacation in Mexico” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de lo Cocoteros, Lotes 32 y 33, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #6 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Iowa City, IA
“Great vacation in Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the Dreams Villamagna for a week starting July 13, 2013. The resort is about 1/2 hotel/resort and 1/2 private residences. The beach and pools are shared by both. This was definately not a problem as it was great to observe the many families on vacation having fun on the beach with boogie boards, making sand castles and swimming in the pools. The grounds are immaculate. Our room was a beach view (well worth the extra cost) on the 5th floor. We had amazing views of the beautiful sunsets. Our room was very nice and the maid service was excellent. There was morning maid service and they returned in late afternoon to refresh towels etc. if needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful any time we needed anything. Our food was also very good to great. We ate most of our lunches at Oceana where Amauri and his staff (Rosa, Ceasar & others) were so gracious. They have to be the nicest, mostly friendly people ever. In the evening we ate most of our meals at Portofino (long pants required for men). The staff at Portofino(Pedro, Raul, Jose) were also wonderful. The next to last evening we were there chef Luis at Portofino came to our table and asked if he could make a special meal for us on our last evening (what a nice gesture). It was excellent. Again the overall service at all the restuarants was exceptional. We also appreciated that we did not have to make advance reservations for any of the restaurants. The resort has a contemporary design feel to it so if you are looking for a more traditional Mexican decor this may not be the resort for you. Overall we were very satisfied with the resort and had a wonderful time in Mexico.

Room Tip: Beach view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always glad to know we had accomplished one of our goals that are building nice vacation memories. I will pass your comments to Amauri, Rosa, Cesar, Pedro, Raul, Jose and Chef Luis. Thank you very much for your review and we hope we can host you back soon here at Dreams Villamagna Resort and Spa.

2,157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
Lone Tree, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a group of us at Dreams for a week and it was fantastic. So good in fact that we didn't want to leave. The facility was immaculate as was the beach.The rooms were very nice and kept very clean. The staff was more than excellent, in particular Julio and Francisco at the beach bar and Hugo in the cafe. The food was amazing which was a large part of the reason we selected it. We all either don't have kids or were traveling without them so it was noticeable, especially in some of the restaurants, that there seemed to be quite a few small children running around. This was most likely due to the summer holiday but just something to keep in mind for your visit. That being said, this is not something that would stop us from coming back.

Room Tip: We upgrade to the Oceanview suite and were on the 6th floor and overlooked the pool and the beach. N...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure to host you and your group; it thrill us to know you had a fantastic time at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa.
I will make sure Julio, Francisco and Hugo get your comments, and we really hope we can host you all again in the future.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had our family vacation at Dreams Villamagna and thoroughly enjoyed it. When we arrived the Transat Vacations rep told us that we would be getting a taxi shuttle to the resort and not a bus with others. After a short trip from the airport to the resort we were welcomed with Mimosas and punch for the kids at check-in. The room requirements were not as booked but they corrected that for us the next day. The rooms are clean and well appointed - love the overhead shower!

The food, friendly staff and overall experience was terrific. Amauri at the Oceana was so charming and welcoming on our first night and subsequent breakfasts! The Oceana is a nice alternative to the breakfast buffet at the World Cafe (when they are open).

We really liked the El Patio for dinner. Portofino was also great - very posh and the food was very nice. Try the carpaccio. The food presentation is what you would expect of a five star resort - pretty and tasty!

The Seaside Grill was nice in the evenings too - the seating is limited when the rain comes but when the weather is good there is outside seating available. During the day this is the Barefoot Grill where snacks like burgers, hot dogs, fries and nachos are available.

A little hidden treasure is the Coco Cafe which is the coffee bar snug in its little alcove next to the shops - get an americano and fruit cup with yogurt after a morning walk on the beach or a lovely cappuccino and pastry in the middle of your afternoon.

The pool waiters were hopping all day long - thanks to them we did not dehydrate!! They were all very friendly and quick with a smile and a few Spanish lessons.

Yoga by the beach was really relaxing. I am a beginner at yoga and the sound of the waves and birds chirping during the morning classes were so soothing. Pato Lee was a great instructor - very patient. He demonstrated poses (or asanas?) and went from person to person to help with positioning. There were some poses that were far too advanced for me but he showed us alternate poses which pushed us to stretch closer to the more difficult ones!

The pool area is very nice - plenty of shaded areas, sun loungers and umbrellas. There are 3 pools to swim in and some very shallow areas for the younger swimmers. Our favourite was the middle pool.

We all had a great time on the beach too. It is federally maintained and they warn swimmers of jelly fish and manta rays in the water. Fortunately we didn't see any jelly fish. We saw plenty of small manta rays and they were pretty harmless because they seemed just as interested in riding the waves as my kids. There are plenty of hawkers selling their wares along the beach and if you are not interested a simple "no gracias" is enough for them to nod and move along. I did like the fact that we had security at the beach access to our resort and around the pools just because there were so many people that can come and go.

We rented a vehicle for the day and it was easily arranged with car rental people based there.

We had a lovely holiday here and would be happy to recommend this resort to anyone looking for a stress free family vacation.

Dear Guest,

We are very glad to know you and your family enjoyed your vacation time with us. It is always nice to hear about our guests experiences, thank you for sharing it with us and the community.
I will pass your comments to Pato and Amauri, and we very much appreciate your recommendation.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went to the Dreams Villamagna Resort on July 13, 2013 for a week and there were some pros and cons. When we initially explored the resort we were disappointed to discover that there was no swim up bar. The resort also has a condo complex attached to it that we didn't really like either. People actually live there and it is really hard to find a chair to sit at by the pool and on the beach. Also i didn't really like how open the bathroom is, there is just curtain separating the bed from the bathtub and there are 2 glass doors for the toilet and the shower that is it.

The service was great, staff was excellent with the exception of one bartender who was rather rude to us and sent us to the lobby bar to get a drink cause he didn't know how to make the drink I had requested, which was on their drink list menu.The food was good as well they had a lot of options especially since my boyfriend is a vegetarian. This resort is definitely for families with young kids, if you're a couple you may be quite bored staying at this resort. We would never go back to this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are greatly pleased to have guests like you who appreciate the effort and dedication of our staff. I am glad that we have met one of our main goals of this hotel and the company itself, to exceed our guests’ expectations.
I am very happy to know, you had such a memorable vacation, I will make sure everyone one of the staff has access to your comments and appreciation.
We are very thrilled to hear you have found us perfect for your very first trip to Mexico, 10th anniversary and 1st time without your kids, we are sure that must has been a big challenge.
I am sure all the Trip Advisor’s community is going to appreciate as well as us your review.
Looking forward to host you again in a near future, please do not hesitate to let me know if there would be anything I might assist you with to make of your next vacation an even more pleasant one!

Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is going to be a very long & thorough review as I feel like I owe it to the TripAdvisor community. I used TripAdvisor to choose the resort we went to & like most of you; I eagerly read review after review to help me choose the right resort for us.

It was our first trip to Mexico, our first All Inclusive, our 10th year anniversary & our first trip without our kids so I wanted to make sure it was as close to perfect as possible & Dreams Villamagna did not disappoint!

At first I looked at some of the “more affordable” AI resorts. But based on the reviews they seemed to be a hit or miss. I wanted something a little more consistent & for the most part, Villamagna seemed to get high reviews (now I know why! :) So I paid a little more & so glad I did!

Upon arriving, we were already treated like royalty. We were given ice cold towels (perfect since it was hot!) & mimosas (we don’t drink alcohol--“Who goes to an all inclusive & not drink alcohol!” is what we were asked over & over again) Anyways, after telling them that, they quickly gave us non-alcoholic margaritas. (They have lots of non-alcoholic drinks which were just perfect for us.)

Ok, first let’s talk about the staff. They are AMAZING! They bend over backwards to make sure you are happy & having an amazing time! Couple of shout outs here--Ernesto (waiter at World Café & our personal waiter for our Romantic Dinner, more on that later), Omar (another waiter), Omar (a Chef at World Café), Lalo & Uriel (Entertainment), Marvic (photographer) and lastly Miriam (VIP Concierge)

So we went to All-Inclusive because my husband eats. No, I mean he EATS! He’s a personal trainer, works hard & eats even harder! AI was perfect for us. I’ve seen other people complain about the food taste or the portions. Here’s what I have to say about that (& this is just my little 2 cents) My husband & I eat A LOT! We’ve traveled to many places around the world & love food from hole-in-the-walls all the way to 5 star Michelin restaurants. And so in choosing a hotel, good food was one of our criteria. Yes, the buffet can start to get old--if that’s the only place you go to eat your whole stay! There are 5 restaurants (kind of 6) to choose from & we tried all of them plus room service. We loved most of the food (one of the things we’d change is PLEASE stop putting alfalfa sprouts on everything, lol! It’s used as a garnish a little too much. But it’s an easy fix; just push it to the side, which is what we did.) But I can honestly say, we enjoyed the food (just look at all the pictures we took of them!)

Room Service- We’ve never ordered room service before because they were always too expensive ($15-$20 for a plate of fruits!) But since room service was part of the AI we ordered & ordered! My husband loved it. For the most part, they have it in our room within 30 minutes. If you order during their busy time, they’ll let you know they’re busy but will try to get it to you as soon as possible (sometimes 45 to 60 minutes) so order before their busy time. Our favorites were fresh fruit platter, anything breakfast, the club sandwich, & fajitas.

World Café- It’s a buffet, better than most Vegas buffets & they do have different nightly themes to mix it up. We liked it as a quick stop after the nightly shows or to grab a quick snack in the afternoon. (TIP-In the afternoons, just outside World Café, they set up a stand to serve up fresh mangoes w/ chili & lime. My husband absolutely loved this! They don’t do it every afternoon but when they do, make sure you get one! The next day, when they didn’t have it set up, my husband asked Chef Omar when they would do it again & he went to the back & made one especially for my husband! Like I said, they really want to make sure you are treated well & are happy!)

Gohan- We didn’t eat here but we stopped by to enjoy the sunset. I heard people say the sushi was good but we were too full from another restaurant to eat. Try to stop by to at least check out the beautiful view.

Oceana- I personally loved this place, but that’s because I love seafood. My faves--all of their ceviches & their coconut ice cream with fresh fruit compote.

Seaside Grill- We also liked this place. My husband had the fillet wrapped with bacon, I had grilled salmon. For lunch this place is called Barefoot Grill, they serve Burgers, Hot Dogs, Nachos. Not really what we want on vacation so didn’t go there for lunch. This restaurant is right next to Oceana, just separated by a rope.

El Patio- My husband’s favorite. Most people complain that it’s not “Mexican” this is GOURMET Mexican. We have a local Gourmet Mexican in our area that serves similar food, but here in that States we pay about $40/plate so it was wonderful that their delicious, gourmet food is part of the AI :)

El Portofino- As soon as we walked in, we said it kind of reminded us of a winery-restaurant here in our area. Each table has a bottle of wine & coincidentally, the bottle of wine on our table was from the exact winery-restaurant we were talking about! Food was exquisite!

Portion sizes- this was something I’ve read people complain about. Yes, they are on the small side but they turned out to be perfect! Remember, you order an appetizer, then a salad, your entrée, drink & dessert. If you’re like me, by the time you leave, you’re stuffed! Or if you’re a bigger eater, like my love, then order 2 of everything, lol!

Romantic Dinner- You pay extra for this but we wanted to treat ourselves. It’s usually at the end of the walkway by the Sugar Reef. That day there was a wedding so we ended up on the other side (right in front of the infinity pool). There is a security guard to keep people from walking by your table, you also get a personal waiter who will make sure you have an amazing time & the hotel photographer will stop by to take some pictures for you to purchase (you get one for free) Food was so-so, what you’re paying for is the view & the experience. Some people will nit-pick on everything & if we were like that, I think this is where I would complain. We paid a lot for this experience & well, the guard wasn’t able to keep people out of our “private dinner”, some guests flat out walked over to our table, looked at what we were eating, even took pictures in front of our table (not of us but of the view). But we’re not going to fault the resort on this--some people just don’t have manners. If I saw someone having dinner, I would steer clear from them. It obviously looks private, lol. The guard can only be at one entrance at a time, those people that came by, came from the other entrance. Also, by the time it got dark our waiter—Ernesto, bless him--couldn’t get the torches lit! He was so stressed out & kept trying! Again, we’re not going to fault the resort or the waiter, the wind was really strong (There was a big storm that evening!) The important thing was that we were enjoying each other’s company, in a beautiful place, with the person that we love. Enjoy the moment, find the things that make you happy, let the little things slide :) Btw, the photographer, MARVIC, did an amazing job. You can tell he loves his job. I wish we had time to take advantage of the hotel’s free photo session, we would definitely use Marvic!

Spa- This was another extra. But so worth it!!! The spa itself is so beautiful, so relaxing, lots of things to do before & after the massage. We had the couple’s massage, we both almost fell asleep! After our massage, we had lunch then came back to enjoy the spa (you have it for the whole day so I would suggest booking your service in the morning).

Gym- My husband (personal trainer) liked the gym. He said it’s pretty well-equipped for a hotel gym. He made me work out with him every day! But I enjoyed it since we were eating so much!

Entertainment- Skip the Grease Musical, its’ like a high school musical. Fire Show-AMAZING!!! Mentalist, Mind Reader blew.us.away!!! We almost skipped out on this, so glad we didn’t! If you’re lucky enough to be at the resort when Mr. Hilford is there, DO NOT MISS IT! He’s amazing! Those were the only shows we were able to watch; we had other things the other nights. Entertainment staff, thank you for all that you do!

VIP Concierge- These are the people that look like they work for the hotel but aren’t really part of the hotel. Most people on TripAdvisor say “RUN! Get away from them! They’re timeshare people!” and so we came to the hotel with that mentality. Our VIP Concierge was Miriam. From the moment we met her, she was really nice, we told her we weren’t interested & there no pressure at all. After a day though, we found that we really liked Villamagna & wanted to see what kind of timeshare they offer so we went back to Miriam to find out more. We were surprised that the VIP Concierge is NOT for timeshare! It’s a vacation club (still similar to a timeshare but it’s not) We were really curious so we decided to sign up for a presentation. (Miriam did not do the presentation someone else did.) They’re very upfront & tell you it’ll take about 90 minutes (less if you don’t eat long & have no questions, longer if you take your time eating & have a lot of questions) We saw a couple in there--in & out in about 60 minutes! For us, we had a lot of questions; we were very interested & were offered a great deal. For listening, they gave us a $200 spa voucher (I think our couples massage ended up costing only $70 after the voucher) It’s not for everyone, and they understand that so they work with you and NO PRESSURE!

A couple of other tidbits
Let them know on your reservation if you’re celebrating something (bday, anniversary) & they’ll dress up your door. Also, right after our bellboy left, Room Service came up to surprise us with truffles to say welcome & happy anniversary! The little touches make sure a big impact!

Make sure you get a DAILY copy of “Sundial” that’s their daily newsletter--has all the activities, entertainment & restaurant information you need.

Best time to take awesome infinity pool pictures—first thing in the morning, try to go there when no one’s in the pool, the pool is so still it really looks like it just flows right into the ocean. (Get down on your belly to take the best shots! :)

Yes, it’s all inclusive, tips are included. But when you see how hard they work, you can’t help but want to tip! A dollar here & there makes such a big difference. And what’s nice is they don’t expect it but when you do, they’re so thankful.

I know this was long but I felt like I owed it to the TripAdvisor community since this was the trip/reason I started using TripAdvisor. (We took other trips before Villamagna but I started my research for our Mexico trip almost 2 years ago. Thank you, TripAdvisor community!) If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. We loved this place so much we’re already planning our next trip--this time with our whole family! (Btw, was this review helpful to you? Please don’t forget to click on “Yes”. Thank you :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, July 22, 2013

Sacramento, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our family of four stayed at this property this month. After lots of research we selected this hotel. The grounds are very nicely taken care of, rooms are clean and modern. The tv is too small for the huge room and sectional couch smells. The food is average. Best meals were at breakfast with authentic mexican food. Kids club is great, girls working there are amazing and kids enjoyed every minute.

The biggest turn off is the security guys patrolling the pools. There are no braclets at this hotel so they walk around with clipboards always looking at everyone asking what room we are in. I always felt like an outsider because most of the guest were spanish speaking guest and we are from the states. Not too many umbrellas so you have to get up early and head to the pools. One day we reserved an umbrella and went to eat breakfast, come back and our stuff is gone. They took our bags with everything. I was furious noone has the right to do that. The security guys dont speak english it took like 40 minutes to get my stuff back. They accused us of leaving for more than and hour and thier policy is you cant reserve spots. I was outraged as everyone does that in the morning and we never saw them do that to anyone else. We have kids and need the umbrellas to stay out of the sun. This ruined our moods for a while and i just wanted to go home. Noone likes to be watched like a hawk and have thier things taken God know where and what they do with them. defiently not the experience you want on vacation!!

At check out we asked if anyone was arriving for our room that day and were told no. So we asked if we can check out late (as our plane left at 6p,) so our baby can take her nap before the flight. The front dest refused to let us stay in the room for 2 extra hours, unless we pay extra. I had to ask for the manager who was very rude and also declined our request. Not til i raised my voice and explained how much money we have already paid to stay at this property and i wasnt about to pay more for my baby to take a nap, she finaly waived her hand and said fine!

Overal with average food and bad customer service i would bot come back.

Room Tip: defiently get ocean view rooms because the other rooms face the street with a horible view
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you found our grounds likeable and your kids enjoyed our Explorer’s Club.
I would like to offer you an apology for any inconvenience you might have experienced; the safety of our guest as well as their belongings are very important to us, we will take a look over the procedures you had mentioned.
We take all of our guest comments very seriously, and we will be taken immediate actions over yours.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Once you get past the time share stalkers, this is a great family place to stay at. Arturo at check-in was wonderful! Corona and the Activity Team make is a great experience that my kids are still talking about. It's like they left family there. Nightly shows are entertaining. Food is great and the chefs are wonderful and accomodating. One night my youngest couldn't find something on the themed buffet he liked and the chef noticed, he asked him what he really would like to it...and in a couple of minutes came out with a cheese pizza. What awesome service! This place is extremely clean and very safe.

Thank you to the entire safe for making it just a memorable vacation!

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong with any room. beautiful views!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. One of our main goals is to provide memorable vacation time to our entire guests, we are very glad to hear you had such a great time with us.
I will make sure Corona and Arturo get your comments, I am sure they will very much appreciate them.

Ivette Chavez

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!