We spent one week at Dreams Villamagna from Dec 15-22nd, our first all inclusive experience. Our first impression was not very good as we had to wait over an hour to get a room, well after the 3:00 check in time. Then we were given a room on the top floor, which sounded like an upgrade but it wasn't. It was right beside the elevator so we could hear all the traffic coming and going and on the top floor right outside 1814 there is a consierge desk where the staff likes to hang out. So I recommend asking for a room away from the elevators on every floor, especially if you like to nap and like your peace and quiet like we do. Also the bar on the roof top closes around 12:30 and you can hear the boom boom boom of the music in this room. Fortunately, the front was very accommodating and were able to give us another room the very next day.
Here are some things I agree with that others have commented on.
1. Beautiful grounds, very clean resort and beach
2. Variety of foods and drinks
3. Excellent beach and poolside drink service
4. Ocean view is definitely worth paying more for
5. Prompt room service
6. Accommodating staff overall
7. Beach toys available to rent
8. Close to the airport
1. Washrooms are far from the beach area
2. Lots of processed foods in the World Cafe- especially breakfast (waffles, french toast, pastries etc were terrible if you know what fresh food should taste like).
3. Overly salty foods in all restaurants in general
4. Not everything is freshly prepared- We ate in El Patio and my lasagne was luke warm. Obviously heated in a microwave.
5. Buffet is lacking variety- same veggies everyday and recycled dinner items served with new sauce.
6. Slow drink service in the buffet
I thought the wait staff on the beach and pool side were excellent. As for the others in the restaurants, it was very obvious when there was a manager on site overseeing the service and when there was not, like on weekends. However, depite the cons we had a very relaxing time at Dreams and our son loved the pool and the beach. It was really easy to unwind. Unfortunatly, the check out was a gong show. They only have 3 people there to check out everyone so we ended up waiting over 30 minutes to do so. There is a line of people at 12 noon waiting to check out so if you're in a rush make sure to get there early.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Villamagna brings Unlimited-Luxury® to families, couples and friends in a picturesque setting with the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.