“loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

You added Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de lo Cocoteros, Lotes 32 y 33, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wakefield, Canada
“loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was our 3rd tim to mexico and probably our favourite. The staff were extremely friendly and ,helpful with everything and anything. We loved the beach service for drinks thxs Francisco! so attentive and friendly. The beach sand as so soft, there were always chairs available at both pool & beach. Felili (bartender at rendezvous) in lobby was amazing, so friendly, made the best drinks especially the blended moijito. The staff at the sky barwere also lovely and service was great. Thanks Betty & Ismael. The coffee bar was great, good cappucino's, yummy dohnuts. We thought the food was great, our favourite probably being seaside and great waiters. We went o the Zoo in Mismaloya and we highly recommend. it was a great experience, held monkeyès pet tigers, this is a up close experience with the animals you can feed almost all the animals and wow there was alot of them. plus we were the only people there. Take the trip it is a little bit of a trek though. We also went to the Marietas islands and that was amazing too. We got to swim into the hidden beach which was so beautiful. The staff is amazing with the Vallarta Adventure tour. Our Wesjet rep was great and itès worth going to the info session they give you great tips and answer all your questions if you are looking to get off the resort.

Again thanks so much for a great experience.

The only complaint we had was when they charged my brother for a damaged phone which we thought we had sorted out the daybefore and they said it was fine and then the next day at check out they wouldnt let him leave for our flight without paying for it. 107$ for a 20$ phone
not impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We are very pleased to know that you had such a great time and your decision of choosing Dreams Villamagna to spend your vacation was the right one. Your observations have been taken into consideration. Rest assure that I will let Francisco, Filiberto, Betty and Ismael about their recognition and will personally congratulate them for their excellent job done.

We thank you again for expressing your estimation about your stay with us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

Pleae do not hesitate to contact our Public Relations Manager to assist you in any matter.

Best Regards
Quality Control Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've been to several All-Inclusive resorts and this was by far the worst one. There are aspects about the hotel that are OK, but for the most part, there were way too many things I hated about this resort. I read the reviews and thought that the bad ones were just people that couldn't be pleased, but alas, I have some of the very same complaints. We traveled there Nov 16th-23rd 2012. Our party was 4 adults and two 1 year old boys.
I didn't like the resort for several reasons. I got sick after eating at Portofino. The food was great, but the stomach cramping and exiting of things from my body for the next 4 days was not. Here are some of the things I hated.

1. No drinks in or around the pool. Umm, what? So, every time we wanted to take a drink of our beer, we had to exit the pool, walk up to the chairs, take a drink, and then get back in the pool. The security guards were relentless about it. They actually came up to me to read their little card about no drinks by the pool and it wasn't even my drink that was sitting there.

2. The water pressure in our room was HORRIBLE! The water would shut off right in the middle of our shower. You would have to wait for the water to build back up and it would eventually come on again. Sometimes you would turn on the sink and nothing would come out. I had to turn off the water 4 times while running a bath for my son because the water wouldn't make it over the lip of the tub since the pressure was so bad. We finally complained after a few days and it magically got a little better, but the noises that the water lines made sounded like a freight train was coming in the room and this happened every time the water was used. My husband said it was air in the lines. All night long this would go on.

3. The resort was more like a hotel than resort. They had 2 towers that were the all inclusive part. There were about 6 towers of time share type condos. Everyone shared the same pool and beach so it was CROWDED all the time. Most of the time you couldn't even get a lounge chair by the pool.

4. The beach was a long way from the tower we were in. We had to take the elevator down, walk across a little street, and walk thru all the condo's and the entire pool to finally get to the beach. This sucks when you are carrying a 30 lb kid and toys and towels, etc.

5. The closest bathroom to the beach was halfway thru the resort so you had to walk almost the entire way back to use the restroom, and after my dinner at Portofino, I got to witness just how far it was several times.

6. They tried to sell us a vacation club membership and disguised it as resort coupons. Took about 30 min. to convince them we did not want to do it.

7. They didn't serve any drinks until 10am, and there were no bars or anything even open. There were a limited amount of restuarants and they weren't open all the time, only certain hours.

8. We asked for a crib when we checked in at 3pm. We called back about 3 times asking for the crib again. They finally brought it around 10:30 after our son had been asleep for 3 hours.

9. We asked the concierge to come up and get our luggage. No problem, he'll be there at 10am we're told. Didn't show up so we had to call to get someone up there. I know that's not a big deal, but it's annoying and at this point was expected. My husband made the comment that we would have to call them to get someone up there once we told the concierge.

10. The bars were constantly out of things. We don't have any tonic, we don't have any mint, we don't have Captain at this bar. This is fine, but they never restocked them, nor tried to accomodate you. In Jamaica, someone would have been running to get what you wanted.

12. The mini fridge in our room was not cold. The milk that we would put in there for our son would usually spoil overnight. My son hated the milk, it always tasted and smelled like it was minutes away from spoiling even at the resturants and was never very cold.

I'm sure there are more. Some of these complaints are very small, but I've been to about 5 other All Inclusive resturants and this was by far the worst! This resort got 6 golden apples on Apple Vacations which is very disappointing. Once we got there, we learned they are an Apple Vacations partner so that could be why it was ranked so high. I would seriously reconsider before going to this resort. I've never written a review about any other resort, hotel, etc. because I've never actually been as displeased with something as I was with this resort.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feed back of your stay at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, rest assured that all of your comments have been forward to the correct department and acted upon. It is important to mention that drinks are not allowed inside the pool for hygiene and to keep them clean, but you are allowed to have your drinks in the lounge tables and pool chairs. We wish we had been aware of your discomfort while you where here at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your time and your important comments. we hope to have the opportunity to host and serve you again in the near future.

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have travelled in many all inclusives all over Mexico and the Caribbean over the last 25 years...this was by far my worst experience. There was numerous complaints that I had about this place.
First of all the security(especially Usiel)who was overbearing...to the point of harassing me. I was simply hanging out by the edge of the pool by my lounger and he comes from way on the other side just to see if I have a drink by the pool...which is a big NO NO here...meanwhile at the exact same time there were others in the pool where he originally was with drinks IN the pool...but he didnt say a word to them...another incident he followed me in the morning from the first pool all the way to the third pool where we laid our towels down...but before we could even put our towels down he hands us a card that says no moving of the chairs etc...which we had seen numerous people do the day before....I was livid with him...that was totally uncalled for. So the rest of the vacation felt like a prison camp....constantly being monitored...if you leave to go for a walk or a swim in the pool or even to the bathroom they constantly make a note and time you to make sure you are not gone more than an hour....who the heck has a watch on vacation?
Maid service although the job they did was fine it was the timing and the order that things were done that were very frustrating...they would mop the hallway floors early in the day but then after a long day in the sun we would come up around 3-4 and most days the room had yet to be cleaned...many days it was not until 5pm....this was a first for me....I have always had my rooms cleaned by 2pm at the latest prior to this visit. It was far too late in the day for my liking....they also didnt restock the fridges until around 5 pm either and then it took a good 4 hours for the beer to even get cold enough to drink.....most people want their privacy to nap or shower or get ready for the evening at that time.
Also beware when you arrive they will pull the old...oh your room isnt ready yet come with me...and they will try talking you in their so called VIP plan scam...dont fall for it....just take a walk on the resort until its ready.
The drinks and food could have been better! The World Cafe(buffet)was bland and boring...same food every single day...mostly just had breakfast there as that was the only choice. Rosa and Luciano were the best thing about the World Cafe...always smiling and pleasant...both should be promoted....on the other hand Jesus was the absolute worst of them all...he was blatantly rude and ignorant...he would come up and fill your cream and sugar holder but then not even ask if we would like coffee or anything.,,,I cant believe he hasnt been fired yet!
El Patio(Mexican)was very dissappointing....where was the Mexican food!!!
Italian(Portofino) was good....Raul was a good waiter.
Oceana was good...had lunch most days there and dinner was good too...Ismeal and Ramon were good waiters.
Sushi Bar was the best...food was great..service was good....Betty was awesome!
Other than the one day of having a Mexican theme buffet...this place lacked on Mexican Food!!
The drinks were watered down and the waiters or bartenders constantly give you the wrong order! sometimes had to order it 3 times before it was correct. Also alot of grumpy bartenders and waiters if you dont tip every single time....if we did that we would be broke!
The kids were always swimming in the pools...even the hot tub and the one pool that was supposed to be for adults only...this is the first place that has not enforced that but yet they enforce all the other stupid rules around the pool!
The rooms were ok...no privacy in the bath area at all ....we never got our robes or slippers!
Had to request a do not disturb sign after they walked in on me as I was getting out of the shower just so they could leave a daily paper in the room!
DVD player didnt work...bikes were supposedly broken.
I complained to management about everything and they basically just said oh sorry to hear and hope we can help you in future travels....ha ha yeah like Id be coming back!
I will never be back to this resort(even if they paid me)or another Dreams resort again....they have ruined my opinion of all Dreams resorts now....as Im sure they will have the same policies and rules and regulations.
I have been at 2.5 star resorts that were 10 times better than this so called 5 star resort!
I would recommend that you save your money and go elsewhere...do NOT stay here unless you consider prison a vacation!

Room Tip: No privacy in bath areas at all!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion and your travel experiences with us. We are concerned to hear that we have not accomplished our main goal as is to provide the best experience to our guests. I would like to extend you an apology for the inconvenience you had a t the pool area, we will profit on your remarks and review our security staff approach with our guests. Your feedback is very important for us and it helps us to place areas of improvement. Be assured that your comments and feedback are certainly being taken into consideration.

We hope to have the honor to host you again, and experience our everyday improvements in our services.

Caledonia, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent a week with my family of four. While as a whole we enjoyed the trip, there were several issues that made the stay less than 5-star. The good:
1. The beach was to die for. While there were big waves, even the littlest ones could stand in ankle-deep water and get drenched without fear of being swept away.
2. The resort was lovely and well-maintained.
3. The food was nice, especially at the marquis restaurants where you didn't need reservations :) Room service was great too.
4. The alcoholic drinks were everything you'd want at an all-inclusive - fruity, sweet, and plentiful, with little umbrellas upon demand.
5. The pools were well-maintained and appealing, with something for everyone from little squirts to old folks.
6. Mini bar service was very nice, and were happy to hook you up with whatever you needed.

The gripes:
1. We had king bed and a double hide-a-bed for the kids, ages 7 and 9. The hide-a-bed mattress was soiled with a black mold like substance and many different "pee rings" and smelled abominably - I showed housekeeping and she cried, "Dios mio!" and rolled it up and removed from the room. We then tried to get a replacement mattress and were told they had none. We were given the option of having one rollaway bed; when I pointed out we had a room for four people and two kids couldn't sleep on a single, the rep said, "We can't just give people two rollaway beds." Apparently, however, it's fine to give guests a mattress that is crusty with stains and smells like a locker room. We ended up having one kid sleep on hidabed couch (which, w/o the mattress, was slanted and uncomfortable) and the other on the rollaway.
2. We had four people and needed towels, sheets and pillows for four people. Every single day we had to track down housekeeping to get more towels (we wanted four), two washcloths, a pillow, a sheet, a bathmat. Every day it was something. As an aside, it happened that every day we'd see the housekeeping cart at the room next to ours, and come back in an hour, thinking she'd have gotten to our room. No, she had inexplicably skipped our room and gone to the next. (We tipped every day and were excruciatingly pleasant and nice and appreciative to all staff.) Several occasions required us to call downstairs to try to get housekeeping to clean the room, and twice it didn't happen until late afternoon.
3. At lunch and dinner, there were no options to self-serve beverages. Most times I was given one drink of water or whatever when we arrived, and then nothing else, however more than a few times I had no drink at all, and no way to get one in the dining area. Once again, I always tipped well and was gracious to the servers which seemed perhaps to be overburdened with too many tables. While I appreciate the notion of beverage wait service at the table, if you cannot get a glass of water during dinner, I'd much prefer being able to wait on myself. Sadly, that wasn't an option. They had a set-up for self-serve juice and milk during breakfast and at that time we were always able to get a server to provide drinks, reinforcing my idea that perhaps they were overextended when they had to provide all drinks for everyone.
4. The Explorers Club was disappointing. They had activities that were okay, but if a child veered even a little from the routine, they were told they had to do the activity or leave. As an example, they had a Thanksgiving day activity where the kids were supposed to copy the drawing of a turkey. My daughter wanted to draw something else Thanksgiving-related, and she was told she had to draw the picture they provided or leave. My son wanted to quietly draw while the children were watching Kung Fu Panda as he'd seen the movie before. Instead, he was told he had to sit and watch the movie or leave. The kids said they were happy to go to school as it had less rules and the teachers were less cranky.
5. As a family travelling together, the room setup was terrible. Instead of having a bathroom door, there was a long curtain divider that partially blocked the area, giving the atmosphere more like a hospital room than a hotel. My kids were changing in the closet, and when either parent had to take a shower or change, the kids either had to go on the balcony or leave the room. As the shower was part of the room itself, the room would fill with steam from the shower leaving the whole area humid and gross; ditto that if someone had an untoward experience with Mexican food and had to use the toilet.

I've been to 3- and 4-star all-inclusives in Cancun, Costa Rica, the Bahamas and Jamaica. This was my first 5-star. I think I'll go back to the 3s and 4s.

PEACE RIVER
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This resort is decent. No night life so be prepared to go to bed at 10pm. Not a lot of ocean toys to play with. Kids club is okay. Staff are not personalable but the kids liked to go there everyday. You have to pick the kids up at meal times and are not aloud to leave the hotel while they are at the club. Staff are super pushy for you to invest in their resorts. So pushy, I almost lost my cool. Coupons are a joke cause you can only use 1 coupon per place, so we were only able to get $40 off a message not $100 (like they make you believe). No reservations for meals but expect to wait at least an hour at the resteraunts. No washroom close to the beach. Having a 3 and 4 year old needing to pee every 1/2 was such a pain!
I wouldn't stay here again but I recommend it if you just want to sit and do nothing.
PS, washrooms in rooms are not private at all. So I wouldn't recommend this resort for certain families or friends that need privacy in the washroom. LOL, shower is in one stall, toilet in another stall, bathtub in the middle of the room, sinks are completely wide open. No privacy. haha

Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The resort is maintained quite well. Service and friendliness is terrific. The resort has 3 pools. The first pool closest to the resort lobby is the only one that is really heated and warm and lovely to splash around/swim in. The others, including the infinity pool is c o l d. I don't know why it is so uncomfortably cold. Some guest from Ontario remarked it was heaven for him. I"m from California and it was cold for our party of 4. The view from that pool however is beautiful - facing the ocean. The restaurants are plenty although sadly nothing faces the ocean - there are three restaurants inside the resort. We only had breakfast at the Grand?? Cafe which was great and plentiful including omelettes, breads, pastries, bacon, sausage and other delicious goodies. We almost always had lunch at the Oceana Grill which is located in the middle of the resort and is the only open air outdoor restaurant but you can't really see the ocean from here.....on thanksgiving night they had an outdoor spread closer to the ocean which was great. The bars are fine...the waiters bring you drinks onto the beach palapas. Drinks are super watered down so although we were in an all-inclusive deal we hardly got buzzed. We ended up swimming in the ocean mostly and never had a problem getting a palapa around noon or later....we also never had a problem getting a pool-side chair....but we went during thxgiving weekend. They have 4 hammocks on the property situated in a nice gazebo not sea facing but you can hear the waves - it's lovely. The beach itself is great - no complaints - conducive for long long walks on either side of the resort. The water...is warm depending on the time of day you get in and shallow. When we went for thanksgiving (2012) the waves were rough...at any given time you had at least a few waves that if you didn't duck into or even if you did duck into, you may be tossed around and summersaulted under for a few seconds depending on the force/height of the wave.....there is no lifeguard and no sign posted so i wasn't even sure of the water conditions. We just went in every day and had a good experience except for a few waves that tossed me around under, leaving me a little shook up. They do have mild activities at the resort but by 10pm or 11pm the resort is terribly quiet. Not a party place if that's what you're looking for. No beach bars/shacks to drink the night away while staring into the ocean etc......it's not that type of atmosphere. It's really quiet and relaxing. What a shame they charge $15 for internet. But it was terrific to be unplugged and have no access to wifi. I may not return due to the ocean conditions....i look for calm waters to frolic in....food was not bad at all and there was always something different every day. We talk a taxi into downtown one evening and had fantastic mexican food at a local restaurant and walked the Malecon, checking out the bars/clubs and street performers. The room had a jacuzzi outside in the balcony, ocean view and we didn't use it but it was great to have the option. The sitting area has a couch that looks quite worn...and the bathroom is very small....and somewhat not maintained. The shower area had hair on the floor when we first checked in that was a turn off to me. The bathroom downstairs at the resort is quite far from the beach palapas so you have to keep walking almost to the lobby each time you want to take a leak if you're spending most of the day at the beach. Overall - depending on what you're looking for - definitely a great resort to try once.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We just returned from a 10 day vacation at Dreams Villamagna ....Nov 10th - 20th.

We had a wonderful trip and would highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing get away. If you want to party and lots of night life - Dreams is not for you!

Check-In was efficient and Fernando (bell-boy) was very helpful :)

Pro's - Quality and presentation of food at lunch and dinner was exceptional. The portions were on the smaller side but you can always request "extra" if you wish. Our favorite servers were Alan - Portofino, Hector - Seaside Grill (i think), Ramone - lunch, Judith - Lobby bar and Julio - pool side. We enjoyed room service breakfast on our balcony 8 times! Always fast, friendly and accurate.

The beach is extremely clean and you can walk forever. In the afternoon, when the tide is out, beach is very wide.... you can find sand dollars everywhere and other shells rolling in with the waves. Good fun. The sand and water is "pacific", so not the white sand and turquoise water of the caribbean but much nicer than any other area of PVR.

Pools are beautiful and clean. The infinity pool nearest the ocean is cold but refreshing. The other 2 pools are warmer as you move closer to the hotel. No drinks allowed in the pool and no swim up bar. OK with us...... keeps it crystal clean!

Hotel room and bathroom are very spacious. They are clean and the beds are fairly comfortable by Mexican standards. Jacuzzi on every balcony (I think). The rooms are decorated in what I would call in a modern/minimal style. The photos on trip advisor give an accurate depiction. We stayed in room 1214 (building #1, 2nd floor). We did have an ocean view even though we were only on the 2nd floor (didn't pay for ocean view). The balcony's in all the rooms in building 1 would be very warm in the late afternoon. We normally enjoy sitting on our balcony after a day at the pool ......4:00 or so in the afternoon. This was not an option with this room because it was just too hot until the sun goes down around 6:00.

Our friends had a room in building #2, 2nd floor....2206. They did NOT have an ocean view but looked over the road and the mountains away from the beach. No afternoon sun on their balcony and more privacy because those sitting at the pool are not looking up at you. Rooms were very similar other than that. FYI - Some evenings the night show is just below your balcony but it is usually over by 10:00!

All members of the entertainment staff were excellent.

Con's - No bathroom near the beach/infinity pool.

Lobby bar furniture is tired, uncomfortable and not at all inviting. I expect better from Dreams.

Overall the resort is small, quiet and very relaxing. We didn't attend the night shows so can't comment. We don't normally return to the same resort twice but may make an exception with Dreams Villamagna!

Loved it

Hi Littleton, Colorado! Thanks for watching my purse and shutting down coconut batting practice by the pool.

Room Tip: All balconies in building #1 should have at least a partial ocean view but are very warm in the afte...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your positive comments about our Resort. At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, it is our compromise to fulfill our guest’s expectations; It is very important for our company and staff to receive all of our guest’s compliments and commentaries, all of your reviews help us every day to improve our quality in our services. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation experience with us, also our installations and services such as, swimming pools, beautiful certified beach, luxurious suites with balconies in all of them, our delicious food and beverages and our main ingredient our excellent staff, they work very hard every day to offer their best services to all of our guests. I will be glad to congratulate Fernando, Alan, Hector, Judith, Ramon and Julio for their great job done.

Once again thank you for your recommendation is a true honor for us. We are looking forward to welcome you again in your home Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta.

Quality Control Manager

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!