We just returned from two weeks at the Dreams Villamagna Resort. We were there from November 3rd to November 17th for my daughter's wedding and we were a group of approximately 60 people. My apologies to some of the other guests that were looking for a quiet time. This was our sixth trip to Mexico and our sixth different resort. First, I would like to say that the staff was incredible. They bent over backwards to accommodate whatever request was made of them, and they did it in a friendly and cheerful way. They are a great group of people. The arrangement for the wedding were fantastic although the fireworks on the beach set one of the palapas on fire. Oops! We upgraded to a preferred level room which is a standard room but with an ocean view on the 7th floor. The room was beautiful and spotlessly clean. Probably the nicest room we have ever had in Mexico. The restaurants provided a good variety and the best part was that there is no limit on the use of the ala-carte's and you don't need wrist bands or reservations. The food was excellent. We only had to wait at one restaurant for a table and that was in the second week when they were at 100 percent capacity. The service at some of the restaurants suffered a bit during that second week as they seemed a little short staffed or overwhelmed at times. They did their very best though and were quick to fix whatever problems arose. As we were a very large group, we made our own after dinner entertainment. If you are looking for nightlife however, this is not the resort for you. It is very quiet in the evening and the entertainment is very limited. I think that this is in part due to the associated condos next door that have likely put some limits on the late night noise. There is a beautiful sky bar on the roof top that is a great place for a drink after dinner though. If you are a golfer, be sure to take advantage of the current golf promotion that is going on with this hotel. We golfed at Marina Vallarta and at Vista Vallarta while we were there. Great deal and Vista Vallarta is a beautiful course and a real experience. I highly recommend this for golfers. The beach was fantastic and clean. The water was incredibly warm and we even participated in the release of baby sea turtles that happens around sunset just down the beach. Ask about this when you are there. It's a great experience. Overall, this was a great resort that was very accommodating of our large group. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone except someone that was looking for more in the way of late night entertainment. If you want a quiet relaxing stay with great service and great food, this is the place. Many thanks to the wonderful staff that made our daughter's wedding and our trip so memorable.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Villamagna brings Unlimited-Luxury® to families, couples and friends in a picturesque setting with the Sierra Madre Mountains in the distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.