What really makes this hotel standout is the staff. They are full of smiles and are so incredibly nice. I was consistently greeted by name each morning.. so nice! Omar and both Franciscos are the best pool boys imaginable.
-Yes its all inclusive and the fine print says tips are included... but don't let that fool you. These people are not working for much money. Your cabana boy isn't running up and down the sand sweating all day for his hourly. Throw them some cash and you'll make sure to get the best service and stiffest drinks. Omar and both Franciscos are the best pool boys imaginable. Betty in the sky lounge made each night great with fast service and a friendly smile.
-English of the staff is top notch, you will not have to struggle at all.
-The food is way above average for an all inclusive. This isn't to say that its amazing, I live in downtown Seattle and we have some of the best restaurants around. But If your idea of going out is hitting the local Applebees or Chili's, prepare to be amazed. Escargot and filet mignon are on the menu... a group of six of us ordered 15 orders of escargot one night. It was amazing! Tip: order your stake rare, they tend to come out medium when ordered this way. The restaurants at night tend to fill up fast so prepare to give yourself some time to hangout at the bar.
-Great beach with lots of activity and chairs. The water is pretty shallow for about 60 feet out which means the waves make it kind of sandy.. but the water is very clean and nice. People will try to come up and offer you fake Ray-Bans or Henna tattoo's.. not pushy at all and simple "no gracias" send them on their way. Security for the hotel will get them to leave if their too pushy but I never experienced having this issue.
-Pools are very big and very clean
-The bathroom only has a curtain that separates it from the rest of the room.. kind of strange. Not a bad thing, but a little weird.
-Nice big hotel staff.. I fit my 15" laptop in it. A friend somehow forgot her code to her safe.. hotel security had to come up with their own laptop and plug it into the safe just to open it for her. This tells me its secure and not just anyone is going to pop in.
-They seriously have like 30 pool chairs and the above 60 year old crowd grabs them while the rest of us are still sipping bloody marys at breakfast.
-The hotel is starting to show its age in some place.. the mirror in my room was very chipped for example. The deck Jacuzzi is a joke, it is the type of tub I see at my dog groomers.
-The wifi was not working in my room for most of the trip. When it finally did it was $10 for an HOUR!! Crazy! This should be a free amenity at any hotel these days. I was unable to get any work done while I was there which was nice, but kind of annoying. Charging so much for internet access is crazy.
-The $200 in hotel credits you get at booking is kind of a joke. Its basically a way for you to deal with their time share people. When they ask you if you got the hotel credit just say yes and they wont bother you again. Its all inclusive.. THINK ABOUT IT.
-The spa is not staffed with what I would call professionals given the prices they charge. Expect to pay what you would in comparable hotel in a major U.S. city. You won't be getting a $50 massage. I think it said prices start at $150 U.S.
-I was there with a group of 45 for a wedding. Mostly 25-35 years olds. If It wasn't for that I would say the average age for someone there was around 50-60 so don't plan on any long nights at the hotel bar if you aren't with your own group.
-Don't misplace your beach towel! You have to turn it in each day and get your towel card back. Otherwise you pay $20 for a new one.
-Premium upgrade is not worth it.
The staff is what would make me go back there again. They were so damn nice. The beach boys running for drinks non-stop.. the friendly waiters... Betty in the skylounge. Even though there some negative aspects I would go back again because of the staff! Nuevo Vallarta is also so much more well kept at prettier than puerto as well.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel
- Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Nuevo
- Dreams Villamagna Nueva Vallarta Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all new Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta offers not only the perfect venue for an immersion in luxury, but will serve as the centerpiece of this highly sought-after destination for couples, weddings, friends, business & families. Guests will enjoy all included amenities, sumptuous Junior Suites, access to one of the finest beaches in the area, splendid balconies with breathtaking views of Bandera's Bay and the Sierra Madre range in a deep tropical jungle enclosure; 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini bars; countless daytime activities and night-time entertainments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Stentorian NV, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.