“Great Trip!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

You added Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de lo Cocoteros, Lotes 32 y 33, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is way overdue! I traveled to Dreams Villamagna with my husband, brother, and sister in law in July and loved the entire trip! The hotel is just beautiful. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. The bath tub was a nice touch, even though I didn't get a chance to use it. The only thing is the toilet and the shower are seperated only by a curtain from the rest of the room, which means absolutely no privacy. This is ok if you're traveling as a couple, but if you're there with a friend or family member I can see this being a problem. I loved all the bars and the fact that there was top shelf liquor. The roof top bar was my favorite. It was open majority of the nights, and sitting up there on a hot breezy summer night was just perfect. I wish they stayed open later! The hotel staff absolutely made our trip! Everyone is so friendly and just wants you to enjoy your time at the hotel. I will never forget Vic from the entertainment staff! He is friendliest, funniest, and goofiest person I've ever met! He works so hard to make sure you are having fun. I couldn't say enough nice things about him and he is one of the biggest reasons why we will come back to this hotel. The food at the hotel was great! Our favorite restaurant was the Italian one and we ended up going there 5 times during our 10 day stay. Felipe is the hardest working waiter and made our dining experience perfect every time! We always asked to be seated in his section, and I'm sure he got sick of our rowdy little group :) Overall, the hotel is beautiful, clean, and every staff member at the hotel will do everything in their power to make sure you are having a good time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest.

First of all, thank you for your preference and for the time you have taken to post your comments regarding your visit to our resort. Our staff will be satisfied to know your kind consideration for a job well done, I will personally congratulate Victor and Felipe for being so attentive and make you and your family had an enjoyable vacation. We will also profit from your remarks about our food, beverages and facilities to fully comply with our guest expectations. And thank you very much for the last two lines I couldn’t expressed better than you.

Please keep in touch with us on facebook or by email, for any assistance.

Looking forward to welcome you again in your home Dreams Villamagna.

Kindest Regards.

Quality Control Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The resort was among the best in my experience - i've been to several All-Inculsives. The pools, hotel room, public bathrooms and rest of the resort were clean and well maintained. My 5 yr old was swimming several hours every day and enjoyed the kids club (with Mimi, the supervisor). The food was in the restaurant were great; the buffet was general good but not consistent as i found some items were done perfectly and some were way too salty. i like the fact that they utilizes local products that we can't get in Vancouver. i'm also impressed when i told one waiter (later he told Daniel, manager?) that my daugther has nut allegy, then the next 7 days every captain in all 5 resturants, who never met us, knew about it; now that's pretty amazing service! All resort workers were hardworking and friendly. in fact i walkaround the resort in the middle of the night and found them working and preparing for the next day - this include baking their own bread, general cleaning, placing chair, gardening, etc. My only complaint is the internet service (which you need to pay) was not functioning most of the time; so we it's hard to get current Canadian or local news in English. i had no choice but watched CNN.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your positive comments about our Resort. At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, it is our compromise to fulfill our guest’s expectations. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation experience with us; we sincerely hope to have the fortune of welcoming you back anytime soon!!
And please rest assures that I will congratulate all our stadd and them let them know about your recognition.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We just got back from Dreams Villmagna and have mixed feelings about the resort. The staff, service, food , and drinks were top notch. The rooms, although clean and spacious, have a serious lack of bathroom privacy. There is only a curtain separating the living area from the bathroom area with virtually see through doors for the bathroom and shower area. I would not recommend this for people with older children or couples that have not been together for a while.

In addition, there is a lack of activities at the resort as well as a lack of equipment for beach use (ie: boogie boards). Often while at the beach, we noticed that other resorts had music going with a festive atmosphere while at ours, classical music was playing over the speakers (seriously, Madonna as elevator music gets a little much...felt like I was in a dentist office).

Finally, as the resort hosts several condo units, there is no noise permitted after 10 pm and the pools close at 8pm with the last bar closing at 1230am. There is no night life at this resort.

If you want to relax and just lay on the beach, this is the place. If you want to have fun check out some other options first.

• Stayed November 2012
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity at Dreams Villamagna to be part of your vacation. We appreciate your comments and observations, as these are very important tools for us to grow and improve as a company. We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations, I would like to share with you that your observations had been reviewed by Room Division Manager & Entertaiment Manager as well; always doing our best to provide guests unforgettable vacations & comfort.
Thank you once again for taking the time to give us your opinion, we hope to welcome you back again in a near future, and experience our everyday improvements in our services.

Best Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Before booking our trip to PV, we researched online and also Trip Advisor. We decided to book at Dreams Villamagna. Turned out to be a great choice. The staff (all of them and especially Julio at the beach bar) were fantastic. The service was always friendly and prompt. Our room was very comfortable and had a great unobstructed view (we upgraded to Preferred). The size of the resort was nice as it was easy to get around everywhere but was not too small either. We enjoyed most of our meals (only ate at the buffet a few times) and found the a la carte restaurants better than other hotels we've stayed at. The drinks were also better. Pool was gorgeous and the way it nearly met the ocean it made you feel like you really were right on the water. Not the best swimming beach but we did swim. Saw many manta rays playing in the surf. We were celebrating a 50th birthday while we were there and before leaving I had contacted Brenda Landeros (Public Relations) at the hotel. She followed through as promised and had our room decorated and extra surprises left for the birthday boy. All in all it was a great week off. If I had to pick one negative thing, I think they could do better with the Preferred Club extras.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff of Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, we thank you for taking the time to express your experience during your stay with us and for making us part of your holiday. It is very nice to know that you enjoyed our gourmet dining, our refreshing drinks our shimmering swimming pools and that you had a great time celebrating your husband 50th birthday. I will be glad to congratulate Julio and Brenda for their excellent job done, our Generl Manager has invited them to continue with their great attitude.

All of us are hopping to have the honor to serve you again at this your home away from home. Once again thank you very much for your confidence and you’re your nice comments.

Please keep in touch with our Public Relations Manager Brendal for any assistance on your next visit. I know that she is going to be very happy to take a good care of you.

Kindest Regards,
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I just got back from another fantastic holiday to Dreams. Again our experience was incredible. The Hotel is not too big, so you feel less stressed and you also get to know all the great staff, as well as feeling like family. The rooms are clean, spacious and have anything you could want. The food is fantastic and the chefs always are willing to adjust to your own personal taste. This is my third review about Dreams because I feel so strongly that it is worth letting people have the same experience we had. The strongest bonus is the staff!!!!We returned to Dreams to see Victor Gonzalez (Entertainment), he is always upbeat,caring and will do anything to make your trip pleasurable!!!From Felix the bellboy, to Julio serving drinks at the pool, the friendliness could not be beat!!The entertainment staff, Johnny, Carona and Fercho, keep you smiling all day!!Even the waiters Ramon , Gerardo(Gerry) and Ismael, knew what and how we liked our drinks and food, and remembered that everday. It is so rare to feel so relaxed and at home in just one week at a Hotel, but Dreams delivers every time. Even the security at the pool, Usiel, took care of us. Pato regularly checked to make sure we were happy and was always there with a smile. Overall, I can't say enough good things about Dreams!!If you want a trip to remember visit Dreams Villamagna!!!!

Room Tip: Any room with an ocean view is worth the extra!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DreamsVM, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest.

We truly thank you for your preference we are so glad to know that you had a fantastic time again here at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa it means everything to us. We appreciate your very kind comment and I would personally thanks everyone who make you feel as a part of our family like Victor Gonzales, Jhonny, Corona, Fercho, Ramon, Gerardo, Usiel, felix, Julio and Pato.

We are going to keep working hard to be always your favorite choice. We will be so glad to have you many times more here at your home Dreams Villamagna.

Kindest Regards
Quality Control Manager.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I came to Puerto Vallarta to attend my brothers wedding and Dreams Villamagna made the event memorable. I really enjoyed the service and the staff. Each one of the staff were all very helpful and went above and beyond expectations. I requested some beef tacos since the buffet nor the other restaurants on the resort had them, so one of the waiters asked the chef to cook them up for me and they turned out delicious! The best restaurant was the Italian one in my opinion. I wish they had more Mexican options like tacos, enchiladas, and all the Mexican good stuff. That's what I actually expected but I guess the resort wants to lean more towards fine dining because the one Mexican restaurant that was there had very nicely presented dishes and no tacos. It's unfortunate that the city is about a 30 minute drive. We got shuttle vans that would fit 6 people for $50 to take us to the downtown area. It's a definite must see when you in PV but as my first time in Mexico I wanted to do a lot of exploring and being in Nuevo Vallarta, you must take long drives to the city and back. Next time I visit I will be going to a resort that's closer to the action so I can enjoy what PV has to offer without travelling too far to the city. This resort is perfect if you want to have privacy and intimacy with your loved one. It's very romantic because it feels like your isolated on a beautiful resort. Not a good place for people who want to party late night. They are very strict on noise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DreamsVM, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for you preference and for trusting us on such important celebration like your brother´s wedding. This is the best reward and satisfaction we can have. We also very pleased to know how much you enjoy our service and fine dining appreciating the presentation and taste of our dishes.

We are looking forward to host you again here at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta or at any other of our sister resort in Puerto Vallarta.

Kindest Regards.
Vancouver Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited this property again in late October and found that it was still pretty great. There was a slight decline in the level of service. A long time employee explained that many of the really good staff were transferred to the Now Amber sister resort when it opened last spring. We really missed some of those great people. We still got good service though, just not great! We did have a wonderful time and in particular enjoyed the special night celebrating dia de los Muertos. We again appreciated not having to make reservations for dinner at this resort and could be totally spontaneous in our schedule. We had a great time….again.

Room Tip: Although having an ocean view is wonderful, we actually like rooms with the jungle view.(floor 4 or...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your taking the time to review us in Trip Advisor. Our company is growing and sometimes there are opportunities for staff to grow as well and that´s when they have to leave, but we are glad that we have great staff that also arrive and that provide as well an excellent service. We are glad to know that you had a great time and that you particularly enjoy our Mexican Tradition Dia de Muertos.

Once again, thank you for your comments, and we hope to have the plasure to welcome you again in your home away from home.

Best Regards,
Quality Control Manager

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!