“Good service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

You added Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de lo Cocoteros, Lotes 32 y 33, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
“Good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Hubby and I stayed for a week on 1st wk of July. There was thunder & rain 4 of 7 days, mostly at nights so the nightly shows were held indoors. It was still warm yet humid during the day with some glimpse of the sun so I still got my tan :) The staff everywhere, esp. at all the restaurants (no need for reservations which I love), are very friendly and remembered what drinks we usually order since we dine at the diff. restaurants everyday. Pato is my fave entertainment crew. He teaches yoga every morning by the beach and I enjoyed the bike tour. Kayaking & water aerobics were fun, too. The beach was warm and calm but not good for snorkeling since it wasn't clear. We did Vallarta Outdoor Adventure which was awesome! Btw, don't forget to bring bug spray since there are lots of different bugs and the mosquitoes attacked me badly. Overall, I enjoyed the stay except for the rain; so better check the weather forecast ;)

• Stayed July 2012
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to be your host in your holiday. It is pleasant to hear that you enjoyed alog with your love one our services provided by our amazing friendly staff and facilities such as our terrific restaurants and our golden sand beach where you can relax and have long nice walks, te activities such as Kayak, water aerobics and also the tours in the area. I will personally let Pato know about your recognition, it really motivates our staff when they are acknowledge by our guests.

Once again thank you for taking the time of sharing your travel experience in this forum.

Quality Control Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I came for a wedding on Oct 3/12 and had the best time here at Dreams Villamagna. There is absolutely nothing negative I could say about this resort. The staff, food and service are exceptional. From the moment we arrived right up to and including departure we were treated like royalty. Our room was beautiful and clean as was all outside areas including the beach. My niece and fiance were married on the beach and the resort did an awesome job of catering it. The staff went out of their way to ensure your needs were met. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

We really want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments in Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your husband enjoyed the service and facilities. Our main commitment is to make our guests feel at home away from home, providing the friendliest service with a warm and happy to please even the most demanding of our guests for a memorable experience. We are also glad to hear that our staff made of your stay more pleasant and did a great job, they are a important part of our success.

Thank you again, we are looking forward to welcome you soon in your home away from home “Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa” in a near feature. Please feel free to contact our Public Relations Manager through facebook or email for any assistance in your next visit.

Best Regards,
st. louis, mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This review is not so much to sum up my trip but to give someone thinking about staying here an idea of what to expect. The food and drinks are pretty typical of an all-inclusive, please don't think my 3 spot rating means it's terrible. Actually it's nearly the exact same as another resort I have been to. Not that it's bad but don't expect to go into the Italian restaurant and receive top-notch Italian food. After all, you are in Mexico.
The food: We mostly ate at the buffet as our stay was only a few days and it was quick and easy. The staff in the restaurant and buffet are wonderful and remembered what I liked to drink so that I walked in and they already knew what to get me. Very nice. Table service was slow. I'm not sure where they would go to get my drink, but they were nice anyway. I can't imagine what it would be like in the busy season!
The drinks: There is some top-shelf alcohol which is nice but you aren't going to get a drink like you would in the US. I most enjoyed the Mojito, even though they ran out of mint sometimes, it was still good without the mint. I can never get lemons in Mexico. Only limes. I am not sure why this is.
The room: The room has a nice set up. But it's showing it's age (I think the resort is only 4 years old). I do not know WHY hotels insist on putting throw pillows and such on the bed that are not machine washable (it's not just this resort). I spotted some stains on the throw going across the foot of the bed so we just took it off. There were also some stains on the sofa. I wish they would just put a washable cover on it. Also stains on the curtains. Mold on the basket on the vanity. Not much privacy as there is only a curtain to separate the vanity from the bed area however the toilet is enclosed. All that said the maid was terrific! We left her a nice big tip because despite the wear and tear in the room, she always had our bed clean and made and even tidied my mess of make up I left on the table. We had an awesome view of the resort, we were on floor 5. Also, beds in Mexico are notoriously firm. Last time I was in Mexico I may as well have slept on the floor. The bed here was not so hard, still firm but sleepable! There is a mini fridge in the room always stocked with soda and water (all included). Room service is available and is also included.
The grounds: Lovely, albeit smaller than what I am used to. What you see in the picture of the pool is what you get. They keep the grounds very nice and clean. The pool was great! There is a nice area of sand with lounge chairs on the actual resort grounds if you want to sit and look at the ocean without being harassed by people selling things. There is no swim up bar but there is a bar close enough to the pool and also a restaurant with outdoor seating by the pool that offers table service or a small buffet with snacks like hamburgers and hot dogs.
The Beach: First of all the beach is federal property! So anything negative I have to say is not the fault of the resort. This resort is on Banderas Bay and I guess, because of that, the water is grey and murky (from runoff?). I'm not sure. We took a boat ride out of the bay and the water was beautiful. I'm not a huge fan of swimming in the ocean when I cannot see what's touching my legs (kelp). The "jellyfish warning" flag was up the entire time but I didn't see anyone getting stung. A giant dead sea turtle washed up on shore. But there were things I liked too. Baby sea turtles were there and I've never seen that before. So don't go thinking this is the Carribean. There are people selling things on the beach and it's a pain to keep having to tell them no, or if you act interested they won't leave you alone.
The town: I loved the town. It's quaint, with a boardwalk. Cost $20 each way for cab there but is worth it. Lots of shops, not too many people harassing you to buy things. Ocean is clearer, saw lots of baby sea turtles. Previously I had a bad experience going in the town of Play del Carmen. Awful poverty, scary. But this was not the case here.
Finally, just know that in the airport when you get in you will be overwhelmed (if this is your first trip to Mexico) with people harassing you and pretending to be your transportation. It's terrible and I don't know why they allow this. AND on the way out of the country, your bags will be opened on tables for all to see as they get searched. So don't pack anything you don't want the whole airport to see. Overall, for the money it's probably not a bad deal. But for me I'd rather save longer, spend more and find a place somewhere closer to the Carribean with clearer water.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for expressing your feelings regarding your recent stay with us.
At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, of course it is never pleasant to hear one of our guests has encountered dissatisfaction during their stay. We are committed to excellence without exception and our guests’ satisfaction is the most important point. After sharing your review with our operations managers the necessary actions were taken in order to avoid future failures of services. Our standards still remain well above the norm, giving us the secure confidence in the products we are offer to our guest and this includes safe procedures in the preparation of food and water in all areas of the hotel including our pools. On the other hand we are glad that you enjoyed the excellent service provided by our amazing staff, our grounds, the tour in a boat to other beaches in the area, town etc.

Again, we do value your comments very much and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and experience our everyday improvements in our services.

Kindest Regards,
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband created a birthday celebration to remember with help from the staff at Dreams Villamagna. I was princess for the whole trip! Coming back to Dreams Villamagna was coming home and celebrating with my PV family! We had magical day where staff sang to me at every turn, brought me special dishes, presents and drinks. Our dinner was on a table covered with flowers, flaming coffees and 4-courses off menu prepared with so much love from Chef at Portofino. We went back to the room and found chocolate covered strawberries, fresh flowers and a bubble bath in the jacuzzi. Nothing can top the experience Dreams Villamagna provided. Words aren't enought to thank Brenda, Joseua (World Cafe), Manuel & Oscar (Oceana), Alan & Raul (Portofino), Francisco & Julio and so many behind the scenes. I know I've forgotten to mention a good 20 more I'd like to recognize. We'll be back in February - anxious to catch up with all of you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments about your recent visit to our resort and for choosing us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed birthday celebration stay at Dreams Villamagna and that and that our staff made your stay even more pleasant with the efficient, attentive, professional friendly service and the small details that made of your birthday more special; it is an honor for us to know that we have an amazing team that is helping us achieve our goals. I will personally congratulateBrebda, Josue, Manuel, Oscar, Alan, Raul, Francisco and Julio for their excellent job done and for making your stay memorable.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we are looking forward to welcome you again and again to this your home Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa. Please keep in touch with Brenda on facebook or by email, for any assistance on your next visit. It will be a pleasure to take a good care of you.

Kind regards,
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Dreams Villamagna in April 2012. This experience changed my mind about all inclusive resorts. I had said in a previous revue that the Riu Vallarta was the best all inclusive that I had stayed at, well that was until I stayed at Dreams. While we had a great time at the Riu, Dreams is a step up (sorry Riu). The big differences, the food and dinning experience, the wine and name brand liquors and the beds!

There is sit down more formal dinning at one Mexican and one Italian restaurant. You order off a menu and you do not need to make reservations three days in advance or even in the morning! You just go put your name in when you would like to eat, there may be a bit of a wait, but in our experience no more than 20 minutes or so…so head to the lobby bar or pool bar for a cocktail until dinner. Most nights we got in for dinner right away. There is another two restaurants by the pools, closer to the beach, the Oceana Seafood and the Seaside Grill (these two restaurants are connected). Oceana was our favourite. We had lunch there everyday. It is sit down casual dinning and you order off a menu. The service was great and the food was also very good. Great fish tacos, burritos and salads. They also had burgers and other kid friendly food. The Seaside Grill was more barbeque/grill type food with a salad bar during the day, and more of a sit down dinner in the evening. The one buffet restaurant served breakfast and lunch daily, and would have different themed dinners each night. We had breakfast there each day, which was perfect for us. Eggs made to order, you could get bacon if you asked the server making your eggs, toast and fresh fruit. They had a lot of other breakfast items such as yogurt, cereals, pastries etc.

The wine! I'm a bit of a wine lover and I am always disappointed with the wine at all inclusive resorts, but I have to say the wine was actually pretty good. They had two house whites and some bubbly. They also had two house reds that were ok, but served a bit too warm (understandable in a warm place). My husband drinks good vodka and was taken care of well. The other cocktails were all good as well, not full of sugar syrup.

The bed was so comfortable with a feather duvet! Lovely! Anyone who travels to Mexico often understands the beds are typically hard and uncomfortable. Not at Dreams! The rooms are also nice, big, with a large glass shower and full soaker tub. They also provide robs which is a nice touch for lounging in after a day in the sun, pools, and beaches! All rooms also have a small fridge refilled daily with beer, water and juice.

This is not a real party place and has no dungeon like night club. The lobby and pool bars are open until 11pm and the Sky Bar is open until about 1am, which worked out perfect for us. We like to socialize with drinks and we always met people in the lobby bar after dinner and finished our evening at the Sky Bar. If there is an important sports game, they will show it on a big screen in the Sky Bar (football, basketball and baseball – no hockey unless it is the playoffs I was told). They would also have someone playing live music on some nights which was a nice touch and got some people up dancing. (Side note, if you are a hockey fan, take a cab to Yo, Yo, Moes in Bucerias they play all the games).

All in all, I have no complaints. You will have some pressure from the time share and tour sales people, but if you are firm that you are not interested when you arrive, they will remember you and leave you alone. This is there job and they need to make a living, cut them some slack! It is only October and we are already thinking of another trip to Dreams. It's a bit more expensive, but you can find deals and it's worth the extra money.

Also the pools are great and large, never felt over crowded. No loud fun crazy games like other resorts. We did not have trouble getting a sun chair each day. We do not have young children, but met a few couples with children. All of the couples we met said their kids wanted to hang out at the kids club everyday. They do arts and crafts, games, had a trampoline with safety equipment, take them to the beach etc. and have movie nights. All the parents we met said their kids had a fabulous time at the kids club.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

We truly appreciate your preference and the time you have taken to share your feedback about your stay at Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa in this forum. We are glad to know that you enjoyed all our facilities and services from the day of your arrival to the end of your stay. For us it is a pleasure to spoil all of our guest and to make them feel like home providing the best quality service and making our guest feel that they don`t want to leave or having them return to this your “home.” Reviews like yours give us the certainty that we are heading on the right direction, and also we are sure that future guests will find this information very helpful when looking for answers to many of their questions.

Once again thank you very much for your confidence and you’re your nice comments about your stay with us and we hope to have the delight to host you again and again. Once again thank you very much for your confidence and you’re your nice comments.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I had stayed here in the end of may and had the time of my life. The staff is very personable and fun at all times. The food was amazing at the buffet and the specialty dining was spectacular. The rooms are very nice with great room service. The pools were clean and the pool service was remarkable. Overall this place is amazing and you will have a great time I recommend it to everyone and I will be going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed May 2012
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest:

We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your positive comments about our Resort; your recommendation is a real honor. At Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa, it is our compromise to fulfill our guest’s expectations. We are glad you enjoyed our facilities and services, such as our luxurios suites, our large shimmering swimming pools, our delicious food and beverages and the personalized service provided by our amazing staff.

Thank you for your preference and it will be a real honor to welcome you again in your home Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta.

Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We went to Dreams in May and had a great time. I was in a wheel chair after a recent accident. They were very accommodating and caring. The whole staff helped us with anything we needed. The entertainment and managing crew was very great. They kept checking up on us to see if we needed anything. Awesome rooms, view, and pool areas. Definitely recommend staying at this resort.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your positive comments about our Resort. We are very glad to hear that you had a great time. Our staff goes out of their way to provide quality customer service and achieve or main goal which is satisfy our entire guests and we make each of them feel like they are part of our family, It is a pleasure!

Thank you for recommending our resort, that is a true honor. We are looking forward to welcome you again in a near future.

Kindest Regards,
Quality Control Manager

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!