“Still Top Shelf” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

You added Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta to your Saves list
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Paseo de lo Cocoteros, Lotes 32 y 33, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Big Fall Savings!
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Winnipeg
“Still Top Shelf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Returned from our dream 48 hours ago -- another year, another week at a wonderful, first rate establishment.

Some people complain that the bars are open too late, some people that they close too early. This is not an adults only resort, the bars close between 11:30-12:30 which should be more than appropriate for most people. If you are the "partying" kind select a different resort as the general atmosphere won't be to your taste. This place is relaxed and age appropriate for ALL...and on this second visit I have to give kudos to all the parents, once again lots of kids but all super well behaved and cute, and this comes from someone who chose to remain childless and had never been at resort that allowed kids prior to last year.

Staff is superb - attentive and jovial and SO accommodating; concerned that your needs are more than met, that you are happy and enjoying yourself.

No hastle about time share, say "no thank you" once to anything and they pay attention and don't snub you afterward either.

For those wondering about internet - wifi was 840 pesos for the week, sometimes fast and sometimes a little slower but no biggie - I was able to check my emails, read my local paper, use my browser no problem.

The resort is immaculate, the food is a nice mix of local and "regular" at the buffet. All the restaurants are interesting and great. Portofino rivals anything I've been to as an example of a truly "fine" dining experience exquisite presentation and cool flavors. As I said in last year's review...if portion size is an issue - go to the buffet. This is a "fine dining" restaurant.

Rooms are huge and wonderfully appointed, towels and bedding are glistening white and high number thread count. Double sinks and everything from slippers to toothbrushes are provided. Turn down includes a chocolate and a schedule of events and notices for the next day.

Absolutely loved it again and looking forward to hopefully seeing our fave people again next year including Oscar, Lisbeth and Julio.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to express our most sincere gratitude for your positive comments on Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa; it is our compromise to fulfill our guest’s expectations, we are glad you enjoyed your vacation with us and the Portofino on this your second visit. You are absolutely right, suites are just incredible along with the turn down courtesy. I will make sure to let Lisbeth, Julio and Oscar about your recognitions.

Again thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you, we look forward to see you soon.

It is a pleasure!

Quality Control Manager / Gerente Control de Calidad
Hotel Dreams Villamagna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
Thompson, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

The resort is absolutely beautiful! nice small resort, easy to get around, people are very nice and food is excellent. I had my wedding there and they went above and beyond to make everything exactly the way I wanted it. My only problem is the doors are not very sound proof so you hear a lot of the coming and going of people throughout the night.

Room Tip: You can see the ocean from the tropical view pretty good so I wouldn't spend the money on ocean...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa to celebrate your wedding. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed such special time with your love one and that it went above and beyond.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

cornwall ontario canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My partner and myself just got back to Canada Feb 3 after a one week stay at this hotel All was mostly good,room,food,service,beach excellent,and everything else that would go with a four stay resort. Beds by the way just the best,and not like you may expect. With out going into a lot of writeing,only complaint is if you are looking for a quiet resort,well this one sure is not the one. Disco and bar on the top floor goes on till 12.30 am,every nite. Lots of weddings,so lots of partying,and with an open bar well,we all know how that works. Would I go back,not,as there are lots of other resorts which are five stars and the same price range.

Room Tip: we stayed on the seventh floor over looking the moutains,beach view and pool view not worth the extr...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Firs of all I would like to thank you for your preference. It has been a pleasure from our staff to host and serv you and your partner. As you already know you feed back it is always welcome and it is very important for us. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the room the food and the beautiful beach we have, as for the events our Division Managers are already taking this upon consideration.

Dreams Villamagna hopes to have the honor to welcome you again in the near future.

Kindest Regards
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was mine and mine husbands second vacation to Mexico. The hotel was so so. The staff was excellent, very accomendating, and spoke good english. The food was okay, nothing outstanding.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is very important for our company and staff to receive all of our guest’s compliments and commentaries, all of your reviews help us every day to improve our quality in our services. Let me share with you, our Food & Beverage Manager is changing our menu restaurants, and they are incredible. We are really glad you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in your home away from home: Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa and see for your self all the improvements in the food and beverages area.

It is a pleasure!

Kindest Regards
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was our first family vacation, there were 8 adults between 32 and 85 and two kids (3 and 5). The staff was absolutely WONDERFUL, spoke excellent English and were great with my 3 year old (who is very tempermental).

Our room was supposed to have two double beds and I was pleasantly surprised when our room was customized for us - we got a king size bed and a twin bed for our son. The maid and turndown service were fantastic, our room was always cleaned beautifully, and I especially liked the newsletter left every day with the turndown service. I liked that there was a private jacuzzi on the deck, it gave us a place to go after our son was sleeping for the night. My only complaint about the room is our garden view room overlooked the outdoor entertainment terrance, which was very noisy from 9:00 p.m. til 12:00 a.m. Not a big deal if you don't have a 3 year old child who is trying to sleep.

The hostess and wait staff were great - polite, spoke exellent English, were personable and entertaining. My son was entertained by bird calls and balloon animals during meals, and the staff was wonderful and knew exactly how to distract him and keep him happy when he was being grouchy. For those reviewers who claim the staff was rude, I'll just say this "Treat those how you would like to be treated" If you think they were rude to you, how were you treating them to begin with?

The bartenders and drink staff were again, incredible. They were quick, courteous, and like the wait staff, entertaining and personable. I have no complaints about any of the staff at this resort.

The food was FANTASTIC. Yes, there weren't too many choices at the buffet, but there was always something delicious and we never left hungry. We ordered room service a few times as well and the food was great, served super fast, and with a smile.

What I really enjoyed about this resort was the fact that there were no wristbands, and you didn't have to make a reservation to eat at an A La Carte restaurant - plus you could visit them as often as you wanted. Oceana for lunch was great - a nice option to have a sit-down meal rather than a buffet. I can't believe people are complaining about having to give their room number - give me a break!

This is, hands down, the BEST resort I have ever stayed at. I will most definitely be staying at this chain of hotels again, and plan to visit Dreams Villamagna in the future.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I just got back from the Dreams Villamagna and it was super. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were treated with service that was definitely worthy of afour and a half to five star.
The food was good and we mostly ate in the buffet. The only ala carte we went to was Portifinos, mostly because of our timing and also I am not a seafood fan. However, I did hear great things abouth both the el Patio (mexican cuisine) and Oceana (seafood). Francisco was by far our favorite waiter at the buffet and we never had to wait for service. I especially enjoyed having mimosas with my breakfast. I also very much enjoyed the coffee bar with the wonderful pastries.
Housecleaning was exceptional and everytime we returned to our room it was like we were just checking in. Typically my husband and I are not ones for turn down service, but I have to say it was a very nice touch. We also liked that the resort supplies a daily newsletter for the upcoming events for the next day which was left on our pillow.
The rooms are large and comfortable. After a long day doing excursions it was nice to come back to our room and have a soak in the jacuzzi tub.
The wait staff by the pool and by the beach are very hard working and it bothered me when I heard anyone harrassing/complaining to them. Because of the hard working staff, having a swim up bar is not a big deal. It means less drunken, abnoxious people in the pool :)
If you want an enjoyable walk, I suggest taking the time and walking to Bucerias (appx 4 miles) up the beach. A wonderful little town.
Overall, it was a great vacation and we met many wonderful people at this resort. My husband and I both highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamsVM, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Dreams Villamagna Resort & Spa thanks you for your preference and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is pleasant to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the buffet and the mimosas at breakfast; I must agree the pastries at Coco Café are delicious. To relax in the Jacuzzi after a long day in excursions is a plus.
Please rest assures that I will let Francisco and house keeping know about your recognition,
I hope to have the honor to host you again in the near future.

Please keep in touch!!

Romeoville, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

THE GOOD: SPACIOUS SWIMMING POOLS, SPACIOUS ROOMS, SKY BAR, EXCELLENT QUALITY FOOD AND DRINKS. ELEVATORS ARE SPEEDY AND QUIET. A LOT OF AMMENITIES IN ROOM. YOU GET TOOTHBRUSH, TOOTHPASTE, SEWING KIT, BODY WASH, SHAMPOO, CONITIONER, SUNSCREEN LOTION, FACIAL BAR SOAP, Qtips, and much more. Coca cola bottle products. They have BIG and Wide sectional sofa which is not a pull out but if you have kids you can easily sleep 2 kids. The sofa and bedding is very comfortable. Big sink in tubs = great for relaxation. Professional looking staff. Loved the hammocks! Overall clean resort.
THE BAD: No swim up bar, Entertainment not so great. Bad layout. Buildings closest to the beach are occupied by residents. Buffet selection is limited.
Who I recommend this resort? Definitely a good option for couples getaway. Its small property and somewhat quiet. Rooms are designed in a contemporary and romantic feel.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Guest:

Firs of all I would like to thank you for choosing us. It was been a delight to host you. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms comfortable along with the amenities we provide. Hammocks and the Bath Tub are a great way for relaxation.
The Gohan is one of the most famous bars at our resort, since you get to appreciate the amazing Ocean and Sunset. There are always areas of opportunity; all of our menus will changes and you there will be more variety in the buffet, for you to have more options. In Entertainment we are adding more activities for all ages and more shows.
We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you again, and see the improvements, and you have the vacation you had dreamed of.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuevo Vallarta
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#3 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
5.0 of 5 stars 844 reviews

Been to Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta? Share your experiences!