“A Great Fine!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 101 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Lebanese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Teaneck, NJ
“A Great Fine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

This restaurant is located a short walk from the Mayan Palace Resort. After suffering through the "skinny wallet" syndrome paying for those resort meals, I took a walk one morning towards the marina and came across the Nopal Beach Restaurant. What a lucky fine!

They have a great menu! I totally enjoyed their delicious breakfast burrito which was almost more than I could eat. I returned that same day for supper and was treated to a great dinner. I visited Nopal Beach 3 more times during my 7 day stay and was never disappointed. Everything I ordered was perfectly prepared and reasonably priced with many entrees at $10.00 or less. Try their generous special tacos at $2.00 each.

I know that I will visit Nopal Beach again on my next visit to Nuveo Vallarta.

Sacramento, ca
“Great sidewalk dining at a place owned by an American ex-pat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

We discovered Nopal Beach Restaurant the day before we left Nuevo Vallarta, but we liked it so much, we ate there twice -- once for lunch, and once for breakfast. For lunch my shredded beef burrito was outstanding, and my American-food craving son loved his burger. But the breakfast took the cake. I had eggs, pork mole, and some sort of poblano concoction that was outstanding.

Two other things make this restaurant worth trying, as well:

1) It's not in a hotel. And if you've been to Nuevo Vallarta, you know non-hotel restaurants are a rarity. This is a one-off little place looking out over the NV marina, just a short walk from the Mayan properties.

2) Eddie, the owner, is a really cool guy. He's from the states and he not only ensures you'll get great service but he also brings great conversation to the table. We hung out talking to him for the better part of an hour after each of our meals.

Make no mistake about it, though. Although the owner is American, the cook is not. The Mexican fare there is solid. So check out Nopal Beach if you find yourself in Nuevo Vallarta. You'll be glad you did.

Washington State
“Best Value for Money in Nuevo Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

We just returned from a week's vacation at the Grand Mayan resort in Nuevo Vallarta. The hotel was luxurious, but had the prices to match. So, when we went out our first night, looking for something more affordable with a local flavor, we stumbled across a gem of a restaurant: Nopal Beach. We enjoyed a delicious meal for 100 pesos an entree. I tried the shrimp and chicken shish kebob combo and it was excellent. We liked the place so much, we returned there on our final night as well. The restaurant also offers breakfast and lunch. We spoke to a local who says he eats there twice a week. We particularly liked the personal touch from Eddie, the friendly proprietor. To get there from the Grand Mayan, walk north on the beach until you reach the public access entry -- Nopal Beach is right across the street. Otherwise, walk north along the road outside Mayan Sea Garden -- it's located beyond Guido's, nearly at the end of the road on the right-hand side.