“This place was my favorite place in the world but now it's closed!?? :(” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuevo Vallarta
Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Near El Tigre Golf Course, Nuevo Vallarta 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 24 hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
New York City, New York
“This place was my favorite place in the world but now it's closed!?? :(”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I visited Taheima Wellness Resort in February 2012 and it was the most beautiful and relaxing resort I had ever been to. The food was first class/healthy as was the ambiance with the gorgeous pool surrounded by a lagoon. The staff was very gracious even though they hadn't been paid in weeks (due to bad management).

I noticed some things which definitely made me think it wouldn't stay open for much longer but was hoping it would have improved so I could visit year after year. For one, the staff was very upset when you left them a tip on the card because they said management hadn't paid them in months! Also, maid service would come every other day and just forget about room service. The yoga classes were few and scarce but when they were operating it was wonderful and calming. The male instructor was amazing! Taheima was a bit far from the beach but the shuttle would take you there every 30 minutes and the beach club was very nice with a pool and a cafe that served wonderful ceviche!

I only wish someone would buy this place and run it well...because it really was a calming and amazing place!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fort Langley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am staying here right now and loving it. The hotel facilities are closed so there is no restaurant or daily maid service, just a simple bar down by the pool area for drinks and snacks. All the units have equipped kitchens so not having a restaurant is no big deal. It's an easy walk to the beach and shopping or restaurants in Paradise Village. You need to understand that all the condo units are privately owned and that previously those owners allowed the hotel to rent out their units. The resort facility itself is great. The previous hotel management was a joke. Now all the rentals are being handled directly by the owners and you will find listings for this beautiful facility on VRBO, Flipkey etc. Rates are individually negotiable but seem to range from $500 a week up to $1500 per month. $500 a week for a self contained one bedroom/2 bath (plus a hide a bed) is only $72 per night and if you divide it 4 ways, it's under $20 a night each.

Room Tip: You have a choice of looking out on El Tigre golf course or the pool area. Both are nice. There are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

As a previous poster, I had purchased a voucher from LivingSocial to stay at this hotel. Due to travel arrangements, I did not find out the hotel was closed until showing up on their front doorstep. One of the two individuals at the front desk was helpful and tried to call around to other hotels for us without any success. Thankfully, we were able to find sojourn at the Riu Vallarta (which I recommend).

Room Tip: For a good room, try a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Purchased a week for this resort via Living Social (note LS was fantastic in there handling of this matter). Was set to arrive about noon Dec 15, 2012. On Dec 13 at about 6:30 pm I get an email for the resort staying effective that day the resort was closed indefinately due to a labor problem. Yes they offered to honor the reservation at a later date and even correct the airfare, but how was I do trust a company that emails me less 2 days before I am to arrive to tell me the doors were closed, would they be open again in the future? Had a very nice trip at a different resort in the area, but I will never, ever consider this reort again

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Banff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We purchased this all inclusive spa and resort one year ago which indicates its family friendly. When we arrived we were told the resort is no longer a Wellness Resort but a fantasy resort (adults only and nudist resort). We had a 19 month old baby with us and were told we could not go to the dining room or the pool, so had to stay in our rooms! They were going to try and put us in a partner resort but in the end allowed us to leave our rooms and gave us each a 2 bedroom unit. In the end, the credits we were offered did not exist on site, ( yoga, meditation, cooking classes). The only offer was a trip with dolphins off site or golf at almost 200 dollars a round!

The waiters, waitresses and housekeeping were great, the front desk staff, except for one person, were not very friendly or helpful. They only had us for guests after November 27, and announced they were closing for a week after December 1st as they had no guests or private owners at the resort. Check before you go to see if they are even open!

Room Tip: Check before you go what you are getting, request one with private pool over looking golf course. D...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had been emailing back and forth with the reservations person for a couple weeks - I have a Tippr voucher for a studio or one-bedroom suite. I had specified in all the emails that I wanted a two-bedroom and we had agreed on how much extra I would pay, etc. When they emailed me the confirmation, it was for a ONE-bedroom, not a TWO. I emailed them a week ago to have them change it and send it back. Haven't received a single response in over a week.

In all my interactions with them prior to this, they were super helpful & responded relatively quickly. Now I'm so frustrated, I don't know what to do. I'm hoping they will read this and actually reply to me so I can get this squared away. I can't make flight reservations until I know that they have a TWO-bedroom available during the dates we agreed upon.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The property is beautiful. Layout was akward. Service: No servers at the pool. There was only one restuarant open the entire trip (they said it was off season). Nothing was offered as stated on our Living Social deal. No cooking classes, yoga, nothing. If you stayed at the resort the entire time you would be bored. If you are looking for a place to relax and that's it Taheima is for you.
Value: Good. Food and drinks could have been a little tastier. Drinks were watered down. Did not get one single buzz at the resort. We found that they had the same lunch menu 4 out of the 5 days we were there. Other things overlapped quite a bit as well. I appreciated how they were willing to accomodate special request if we did not see anything appetizing on the menu they made it for us.
Sleep Quality: Excellent. Beds were comfortable. We slept like babies and that was a major quality. Also loved the room size. Seperate living room area. VERY NICE
Cleanliness: No problems there either. The rooms were always clean and the resort was too.
Location: Thankfully we had a rental car otherwise the resort is it. Nothing to keep you entertained unless you want to go to the beach the entire trip. Although not very far, the resort is NOT in Puerto Vallarta but we loved going into town. We ALWAYS felt safe, it is in a gated community.

I would come back I think? No time soon though.

Room Tip: Be careful with the exchange rate. It is different EVERYWHERE. The resort is amongst the highest whe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!