We purchased a LivingSocial deal for an all-inclusive 4 night stay with a $50 daily credit to use towards cooking classes, tours, spa treatments or golf. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend, which was during their off-peak time. Cooking classes and yoga were not available. Also, the spa was closed on Sunday ... what kind of Wellness Resort and Spa closes the spa for a weekend day?
FYI - This resort is turning into a nudist resort (at the pool and the dance club) beginning in September 2012.
- Rooms were nice
- Servers were friendly
- Spa was nice (a two-bedroom room converted into a spa)
- Food was decent
- Water is drinkable
- Do not opt for the private pool; you cannot use it after hours since there are no lights or covered for when it rains ... it also is not cleaned like the main pools
- No activities to partake in (no yoga, no cooking classes)
- There was a server at the pool on Monday ... otherwise, you have to get your own drinks from the bar and carry them down to the pool
- Resort layout sucks ... you always have to walk around the property to get to the restaurant(s), lobby, bar, internet center, etc
- Walkways are not lit at night ... not that I'm a pansy, but its scary
- We could not make use of our daily credit every day ... double-check with the resort before you go regarding what is available and what you are able to use your credit on (for example, spa treatments over $X)
- No hot water (lukewarm at best)
- No hair conditioner
- Jacuzzi was not hot
Read the review from "Island Girl_123." Pretty much spot on.
Would I stay there again? No (unless I wanted to go to a resort and not be bothered by anyone)
Would I recommend this place to a friend? No
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa Hideaway Retreat Defines a Holiday Experience With a Meaning and Purpose for Body, Mind and Soul. Taheima, located within 10 minutes of Puerto Vallarta International Airport, offers convenience and ease-of-access, all within its own tropical oasis. Taheima offers its own landscaped lagoons and Infinity swimming pools, beach club, Taheima artfully unites shelter with nature within a tropical environment. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Taheima Wellness Resort And Spa
- Taheima Wellness Hotel Nuevo Vallarta