“A nice hotel with a fantastic breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Araiza Mexicali

Save Saved
You added Araiza Mexicali to your Saves list
Araiza Mexicali
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Benito Juarez #2220 Fracc, Jardines del Valle, Mexicali 21270, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Mexicali
“A nice hotel with a fantastic breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Very nice hotel which is clean and welcoming. My room was large. The bed was comfortable but there were not enough pillows and they were rather cheap.
Breakfast was fantastic - huge choice of largely Mexican food but I loved it.
Pool was closed for refurbishment when I visitied.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had a great stay at Araiza while in Mexicali on business. My room was very large, comfortable, and clean. The hotel has two restaurants - both were very good. Customer service during check-in and in the restaurants was above par. The breakfast buffet was included in the price of my stay. I have never had orange juice that tasted so good! I will definitely stay here the next time I return for work. The

Room Tip: Book an executive room in the newer portion of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I wanted to take the time to write a review for this hotel as I have been staying here for almost 6 months due to my company's assignment of myself and several other co-workers to Mexicali. The staff here at the hotel is always friendly, polite, and extremely helpful. But today I had an experience which shows their dedication to their guests that, in my book, goes above and beyond the call of their duties. I came down with horrible food poisoning last night (NOT from their restaurant!) This morning they called the doctor for me who then said I needed to go to the hospital. Dahlia and Abel, two incredible staff, accompanied me to the hospital, stayed with me to make sure I had translation and wasn't alone during my ordeal, and then saw to my transportation to the pharmacia and back to the hotel. They helped me answer the questions from the doctors, kept me pre-occupied when I was at my worst, and helped get all the paperwork and receipts I would need to submit to my insurance when I get home. THIS is the kind of five star service you can expect to receive from this hotel.

The rooms are lovely, and while yes, it can be a bit noisy on the suite side of the hotel due to some of the long term residents and the pool (which is not a reflection on the hotel itself), everything here has truly made the hotel my home away from home. The beds are comfortable, the food at the restaurants excellent, and the pools lovely. But the service really cannot be beat. If you find yourself in Mexicali and looking for a place to stay, look no further.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, stay in the excutive wing away from the pools. They also have the nicest showers!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent quality/price ratio. Rooms are large, clean and very tastefully decorated. There are two restaurants on the premises, both very good and safe. One offers mostly Mexican food and is also open for breakfast, when they offer a nice selection buffet and made-to-order omelets and breakfast tacos. The other one is Japanese and has a more eclectic menu. Parking is included. The property is on a large boulevard, with tons of shopping and restaurants, and only a 10-minute drive from Lazaro Cardenas, the city's main artery, where most industrial facilities are located. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We chose the Araiza Mexicali after spending a few days at the Araiza Hermosillo. The Araiza Mexicali is by far a better hotel.

There was a plaque near the pool that indicated the hotel started its life as a Holiday Inn in 1973. You would never know that this hotel was 40 years old as it has been modernized and kept up impeccably.

Rooms are quiet and extremely comfortable. There was an International Volleyball tournament in town and several teams were staying in the hotel and one would have never known as rooms are quiet to the outside noise. WiFi is offered throughout the hotel and we always connected quickly. If you don't have a computer or mobile device, there are several computers for guest use in the Business Center.

The breakfast buffet didn't disappoint. The tamales looked devine and there was a cook to prepare omlettes for you. Kobu Japanese Restaurant serves excellent sushi.

The Araiza is listed as a 3 star hotel,...however, should be 5 stars based upon the excellent service we received during our stay !

Room Tip: Be wary of internet rates. We booked through AARP Expedia and while we saved $2.50 over the Araiza...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was told Luis Miguel stayed in the Presidential Suite here while on tour in Mexicali.
The hotel offers two pools, a tennis court, gym and one of the best breakfast buffets in the city. The breakfast comes with your room. I expecially liked the "jugo verde" made from scratch, but the tamales, chili verde, omelettes, quesadillas, fruit, deserts etc etc were all very good.
The hotel was filled the weekend we were there with tourists and the junior olympics with kids from all over Mexico competing. Although crowded at breakfast we couldn't really tell that the hotel was filled. Any wait time was very short and the hotel employees were very courteous. It is a large property. We had a room in the remodeled section of the hotel.
The hotel books traditioanlly tourists on the weekends and business people during the week.
The hotel isn't perfect:
* I noticed a slight odor of moisture walking into our room. Nothing alarming or that stuck with us, but not the most pleasant way to enter a room.
* The hot tub just seemed a bit icky to me to go in and the pool the second day seemed like in needed a better filtering system.
* The tennis court was a bit uneven. For a serious player, I would imagine you would have to adjust to some funny bounces.
* The traditional Mexican restaurant is not as good for dinner as for breakfast. We did not eat at the sushi restaurant.

Overall, Mexicali has a high standard of living for Mexico. The city seems pretty safe and the police are very visible. I don't think there is a heck of a lot to do there, but there are fine restaurants, shopping and casinos with blackjack and craps. It is probably the best border city in Mexico.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here one night in January. The hotel is located on a busy road, but I never heard any of the traffic from my room. I was in the newer section, and the room was spacious. The bed was very comfortable, and the TV had a good selection of channels. The buffet in the morning was very good and had a large selection.

Room Tip: Newer building rooms are very nice, spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Araiza Mexicali? Share your experiences!