“[Leon] Carlson Hotel - Satisfied Staying.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Poliforum Plaza Hotel Leon

Save Saved
You added Radisson Poliforum Plaza Hotel Leon to your Saves list
Radisson Poliforum Plaza Hotel Leon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard Adolfo Lopez Mateos #2611 Oriente , Col Barrio de Guadalupe, Leon 37280, Mexico (Formerly Howard Johnson Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #2 of 42 hotels in Leon
Seoul, South Korea
“[Leon] Carlson Hotel - Satisfied Staying.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed more than two weeks at Radisson Leon, GTO Mexico. I would like to share my persona experience with potential visitors for this hotel.

Pros.

1. Excellent front desk attendancy.

- I was amazed their speedy and kind service. Even all door men are absolutely helpful and having great smily face to customer. Even they remember your name.

2. Good Restaurant & Speedy room service.

- Since I was bit late to get back from business, I normally used their restaurant. The restaurant is open late and their room service operates 247. They never late for the room service, and good valued meal overall. Servers were extremly helpful and friendly.

3. Clean room & no smell at all!

- As non-smoking customer from Asia, I am not that much friendly with the smell of Cigarette nor Cigar. Especially Cigar is the crazy thing for me.
Rooms are prepared very neat and I do not have any trouble with smell.
Bed was nice and comfortable as well.

Cons.

1. Breakfast cost.
-Even their breakfast buffet was good, I belive the price for the breakfast buffet is pretty high it was almost same to cost of NY steak.

2. Door holder in room toilet.
-The bathroom is quite small without bathtub, yet it is ok size for me.
What made me irritate was small door holding stuff which locked in the bottom of the bathroom(Toilet) to prevent damage for toilet door.
As I called by mother nature, the location of this small door holder keep irritating my foot because of the position, and as you got out of the shower room, I step into or crush my finky toe to this hard door holder and it was painful.

3. Hotel height.

This club carlson hotel have only 4 stories building, so you don't expect those skyline view from hotel room. Luckily I got a room with swimming pool view though.

Overall,

Considering all pros and cons for this Club carlson Leon GTO, Mexico, I pretty much satisfied with all of their service.

Every hotel workers are energetic and friendly, so I recommend to try this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ebourdales, General Manager at Radisson Poliforum Plaza Hotel Leon, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sir,

We thank you so much for sharing to all Tripadvisor about your experience in our Hotel.
Your comments have been shared amongst all our staff, obviously few of them recognized you.
We are proud of our hotel and our team, day by day learning and ensuring we give our best to all our guests.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you with the door holding in the bathroom.

We hope you ´ll be able to visit us once again in a near future.

Thanks very much and looking forward to personally say hi in your next journey to León.

Eric Bourdales

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights and although the hotel itself is feeling a little tired, the staff really do try to make it special. Nice that it had a pool and the hotel where more than happy for my family to visit and use the facilities without making a charge for the privilege. We didn't have a breakfast package but did try it once, found the buffet to be ok but not really worth the charge when the VIPS just 10 mins walk away offered a better value for money meal. The room was of a decent size but found the bed to be very hard. Bathroom was a bit small and the door opened to crush anyone using the toilet.

The Good: The staff bent over backwards to offer great service. For the price was decent quality.

The Bad: Small bathroom and lifeless bar area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ebourdales, General Manager at Radisson Poliforum Plaza Hotel Leon, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thanks very much for choosing Hotel Radisson Poliforum Plaza León.
We are indeed very proud of your comments made regarding our staff in particular and our service quality we offered during your stay.
We, as well want to share that during winter 12 and 13, we will be entering in a refurbishment plan of our restaurant and our bar. Definitely, you´ll be able to apreciate the difference it makes once our hotel look once again fresh and vibrant.
We are currently preparing our new bedroom and bathroom rehab. At your next visit, please ask to see our model so we are interestd to know our guests suggestions.
We thank you once again for choosing Radisson Poliforum Plaza and we invite you to recommend us to your friends and families members who choose our city for ther jouney.
best regards,
Eric Bourdales
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Has a excelent location,is very clean, the pool is nica and the rates are acceptables.. Reception staff not as kind as I would like but in general is a really good option to stay in Leon Gto.

Room Tip: Clean and quiet
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Brownsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

The hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful everytime we needed a taxi or more towels. We only paid $80 a night for a room with two double beds. I would definately go back. The only bad thing I could say is that It's not in walking distance to any restaurants. A short taxi ride for less than 50 pesos will take you to the near by restaurants.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

The previous review hit the nail on the head. A well located, clean and with a super friendly staffed hotel. Fully recommend.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

When our company decided to host a business conference for about 20 people in Leon, we looked for a hotel that would be nice but affordable. The Radison Poliforum fit the bill! Admittedly, I was a bit nervous before we arrived considering that we only paid about $65 USD per night. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The hotel was modern and immaculately clean. The staff was absolutely top notch, seeing to our every need and going out of their way to make us comfortable. The onsite restaurant was so-so (standard hotel food) but the wait staff was pleasant. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Leon. It's a short walk or cab ride to most of the downtown sites (and the hotel was more than happy to haul us around in their shuttle, if available).

The conference facilities were small, but perfect for our needs. Once again, the staff was extremely accomodating and ensured that our snacks/coffee were fresh and replensished.

• Liked — Staff friendliness, cleanliness of facilities
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
mexico df
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

It`s a great hotel. Just a few steps from the main comercial and business areas in Leon, the rooms extremely confortables and the attention of the staff, wonderful.

• Liked — the hotel is confortable, perfect location, and the staff is really kind.
  • Disliked — maybe the swimming pool near the restaurant...
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Radisson Poliforum Plaza Hotel Leon? Share your experiences!