It was fine. Not much to complain about, but somebody else was paying for it so it's hard for me to be critical. My room had a sliding glass door facing the courtyard, which was excellent.
The buffet breakfast was pretty outstanding for a steam table set up. The more interesting stew/mole kind of dishes were based on large chunks of meat, including one that was pork in morita/crema salsa, which was excellent. So not a lot there for non meat eaters but there was decent fresh fruit and some gringo style breakfast food as well.
The neighborhood to the north of the hotel is not outstanding, unless about 1,000 shoe stores in 10 square blocks is your thing. It's close to the bus station, which was handy for taking a little day trip over to Guanjuato.
The street behind the hotel has been recently renovated with a central bike/walking path, and if one gets on that in the direction of the church spires, one will arrive in the centro historico in a little while.
I was there to play a couple of concerts in the Teatro Bicentenario, which is just a pleasant 10 minute walk away, so for this purpose the hotel is situated ideally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Leon - Convention Center Located only one block away from the Poliforum Convention Center , two blocks away for the Soccer Stadium Nou Camp , 27 Mi from the International Aiport del Bajio , just one block away from Interactive park Explora , three blocks from Forum cultural Guanajuato . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Leon - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leon Hotel Leon
- Leon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Leon - Convention Center Mexico - Guanajuato