It is such a surprise to inch along a rugged road down to this rustic yet luxurious hotel on the Pacific. The palapa cabanas are comfortable but not luxurious. Don't look for hot water showers, for example and in the smaller cabanas don't even look for doors that shut to the bathrooms. But these rustic accommodations sit on or above the most wonderful private beach with the ocean accessible for unbeatable sea swimming. The hotel offers scuba gear and kayaks, but otherwise it is comfortable chairs in shade, hammocks and some awesome beds on the beach. which are truly exotic. Towels for the beach are provided. The restaurant is its five star aspect. You could not do better anywhere for fresh food and custom service. There might only be two or three choices on the dinner menu, but they all are off the chart for delicious and the Chef Coco sits with you to get exactly your preference for how you want everything cooked. Don't forget to try the Scorpion Mezcal, a unique finisher for those fantastic meals on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the rugged cliffs and dense tropical vegetation of Oaxaca’s Pacific coast is La Boquilla, a protected cove of white sand and still turquoise water. Virtually untouched by development, this pristine and secluded location – where osprey circle lazily over a silent beach – is the perfect setting for vacationers seeking a truly unique retreat experience.Protected by small islets and tall headlands the crescent beach provides a perfect setting for those vacationers seeking a truly unique retreat, for those who would rather hear the whisper of a gentle fan than the whirr of the air conditioner; for those who prefer snorkel and a sea kayak to the roar of a jet ski; for those who wish to practise yoga and sunrise meditation in an eco-sensitive environment and yet appreciate the best of fresh, natural, local foods & international wines in an exquisite water side setting, this may be the place you have always sought... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Bahia de la Luna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia De La Luna Hotel Puerto Angel
- Bahia De La Luna Oaxaca
- Bahia De La Luna Puerto Angel, Mexico - Oaxaca