My wife and I and another couple took advantage of an ad in Golf Arizona Magazine for a party of 4 to play unlimited golf for 3 days (Feb. 22-24), two night stay in a 2 bedroom condo, and free breakfast two days for $206 USD per person. What a joke !!! We drove from Tucson, AZ - about 240 miles.
The golf course was without water last June for 29 days in June/July as a main pump broke. They saved the greens, but the fairways are dead, with many areas just dirt - other areas, dead grass and weeds. My wife and I played it once - many laughs, as we tied to place our golf balls on an area near where the ball landed, on weeds or dead grass if able.
The two bedroom condo was nice - but - maid walked in on us as we were enjoying cocktails (no knock at the door), smoke alarm beeping when we entered first time, 3 of us took showers with no hot water, before I did - only to find switch in the OFF position for the electric water heater, sheets on beds in 2nd bedroom like sandpaper, and one sink in 2nd bedroom had water shut off, as unable to open the sink drain.
Didn't care for the front desk people - just not personable, and attitude as if "I really don't care about your issues".
You have to wear an arm bracelet while there and they charge your credit card for a $150 deposit, and they said I will see that as a refund in 2 to 4 days after checkout - two issues I didn't care for. Treated us like wild college kids - but we are retired senior folks.
Played the golf course last year in January (2014), and really enjoyed it. Had we known about the golf course condition now, we would not have gone here.
We were in a room - B1201 - that needs maintenance - a phase one room. Two is nicer, and 3 is being built. Water damage (leakage) from above evident in bathrooms and main area. TV's were antiques - the old heavy box type. TV in main area suitable for a bathroom - just too small. No wifi in room - only in lobby.
Would I take advantage of the deal again if the golf course was in great shape - NO !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort is a luxurious oasis in Rocky Point â€“ Puerto PeÃ±asco - Mexico, with beautiful ocean view suites, world cuisine, the only links style Championship golf course of the region, a conference center, a luxury spa, beautiful beach and getaway vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palomas Beach And Golf Resort
- Las Palomas Beach & Golf Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Las Palomas Beach Hotel
- Hotel Las Palomas Beach
- Las Palomas Puerto Penasco
- Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico