This was a great place to stay in Rocky Point.... I completely recommend Las Palomas! We had our two year old with us and we had a great time hanging out in the heated pools and collecting seashells on the beach.
A few things to help you navigate the property:
1. The property has two "Phases"... phase I and phase II. Phase I was the original and is a bit older (by a couple of years). El Citron (the restaurant) is located in the lobby/check-in at the top of Phase 2.
2. Both sets of towers have one heated pool. The heated pool over in Phase 1 felt more family friendly but we never felt out of place with our crazy toddler over in the Phase 2 heated pool.
3. The towels kept coming up in reviews when I was looking up the resort. If you are a hotel guest (versus a personal guest of the condominium owner) you will be able to check out towels at the towel kiosk. There are two kiosks. The one over in the Phase I set of condos in by the poolside bar. The one over in Phase II is on the opposite side of that poolside bar. You will fill out a little yellow slip. You need to turn in all your towels by 8 pm the night prior to your departure in order to avoid charges. When you return your towels, the yellow slip will be returned to you. You will then turn in the yellow slip when you check out to avoid any charges.
4. The one thing that came up in reviews (that I agree with) is that maintenance of the condos can be a bit spotty. Our room's phone cable was MIA, which meant no land-line/no web access. We talked to people twice about getting this fixed and but the cable never made an appearance. We suspect that units in which the owner visits more often are probably better cared for.... not a deal breaker but just realize that it may happen... just go down to the pool during happy hour and enjoy an extra margarita on the beach! (2 for 1 drinks... hooray!)
Overall, this is an exceptional set of condos and we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort is a luxurious oasis in Rocky Point â€“ Puerto PeÃ±asco - Mexico, with beautiful ocean view suites, world cuisine, the only links style Championship golf course of the region, a conference center, a luxury spa, beautiful beach and getaway vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palomas Beach And Golf Resort
- Las Palomas Beach & Golf Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Las Palomas Beach Hotel
- Hotel Las Palomas Beach
- Las Palomas Puerto Penasco
- Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico