“Home away from Home...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Costero #150, Col. Sandy Beach., Puerto Penasco 83550, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Home away from Home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stay at Las Palomas every year!! Our entire family.. all 15 of us head down in 3 or 4 cars.. packed with all our fun things, sometimes food (Although they have a Sam's Club there now, so you don't need to bring food) and we have the time of our life's!! We ride the Jet Ski's!! Banana Boat!! And love walking the beach!! The kids absolutely love the lazy river and swimming all day and night!! Security is top of the line here!! We feel safe, and know that all of our needs will be met!!! Oh, and STREET TACO'S ARE THE BOMB!! We ate them EVERY NIGHT for dinner!!! We were there May 28th 2013 through June 5th 2013!! Can't wait to go back!! We decided on 2 weeks next year!! Yea, we hate to leave!! We all say the same thing.. "I could live here!!" Thank you Las Palomas for providing our family a safe, fun place to vacation!! See you soon!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spent 7 days/7 nights at the Las Palomas Resort last week. It is a beautiful property and, if you don't know Spanish, you'll be fine as every employee graciously speaks English to the guests.

You can enjoy Happy Hour by the pool every day from 12-1P and 5-6P. They have multiple pools to choose from but some are for adults only.

We learned the first day the the onsite mini-mart does not adhere to their posted hours. They open when they open. There is also a kids club onsite but we learned the activities coordinator quit the week we were there and there was no replacement. Kids club remained closed the entire time. Additionally, kids are not permitted in the hot tubs and this is strictly enforced.

Every night from 9PM-10AM the next day our room smelled terrible of raw sewage. We reported it the 2nd day there and maintenance came up and looked at the shower drain. He didn't explain what he did but the smell was back the next night. It got really bad when we turned on the A/C so, as miserable as it was, we left the A/C off in order to reduce the odor.

We had maintenance come out one more time and again, they went to the shower and pulled the drain cover. The smell returned that night. At our wits end we asked to speak with the hotel manager. A supervisor and maintenance person came up to our room. The supervisor said that sometimes when a room is vacant for a long time you will get the sewer. I explained that we ran water in all drains and the odor did not go away. She then said there is probably a dead animal in the A/C unit and would have the maintenance person check it out. She also said she would talk to reception and see if they could provide us with a refund of some sort to make up for the inconvenience.

Our last 2 nights we still encountered the smell. When we checked out on Saturday I spoke with the manager of the front desk regarding the discount. When he called the maintenance supervisor to confirm, she told him that all she offered us was a free breakfast and we didn't take advantage of it. This was either a lie or she had us confused with other guests. When I insisted on a refund I was told that I should have clarified that with the supervisor.

My only recourse is to never stay at this property again and to put the word out about our negative experience.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view so you can't go wrong. Lower levels are louder due to the pool and...
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

As usual, we checked in - all was ready early, no problem. Gorgeous views, clean rooms and well-kept amenities. We have been coming here for years; about 6 to be exact. The property is well maintained and we can rest assured that they always have the odds and ends that I forget in the "Dely", although you'll pay quite a bit more than usual for the convenience of the shop on site.

Each room is individually furnished and has all types of kitchen wares; but do make sure to communicate with the owner or Resort about your particular unit if you are expecting anything particular.

Gas BBQs are available on property. We buy and BBQ shrimp, steak, hot dogs, whatever - yum!!! Just don't forget your lighter of matches (starters don't all work)

The Resort is close to the supermarket and pharmacy too, so it is easy to stock your fridge, etc. (just 15 mins in the car to Santa Fe Supermercado or Sams Club)

If you want to secure a nice Palapa by the beach (in front of the Resort) be on your way to claim it by laying your towels down by about 8:00 am to have a good selection to choose from. Everyone us respectful about not moving towels/taking chairs once the towels are down.

Fun add-on things to do beach-side-We've done the banana boat rides and jet skis just about every trip - work that price down, don't be shy!! Just tried riding the horses for the first time this trip. If you can find Humberto, his horses are well-cared for and fed; great time (and I am a picky horse owner!)

Adults need passports to cross back to the USA, and kids under 18 can travel with their parents/legal guardians with just a birth certificate (as of today - check with US Immigration or Border Patrol before your own trip though!!)

• Stayed June 2013
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights over the Memorial Day weekend with another family. We were in the second phase and stayed on the 7th floor in a 3 bedroom 2 bath unit. It was very well accommodated with almost everything we needed. We were lacking dish towels, extra paper towels, pepper and a couple other things we felt should be in a fully stocked condo. The view of the sea and pool was great with something always to see. We didn't eat in the restaurant but did have some snacks around the pool, and it was ok.

Menifee, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We just got back from this HELL HOLE this past weekend! OMGGGG.. worst customer service and hospitality EVERRRRRRRRRRRR! We've been to Cancun, Ensenada, Puerto Vallarta, Comzumel and Rosarito and this place is by far the worst resort we have ever stayed at. We arrived on our RV and our battery died, they wouldn't help us to jump it or to even find a tow truck to help us jump it, then charged us $20 for a towel they said was too dirty... whooo does that??? They give you a stupid towel card and FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE do NOT lose it or all hell will break loose. This is a huge resort and they had us running to all the towel towers looking for this damn card or they wouldn't check us out. Literally runningggg from tower to tower asking where it was at. Yeah.. nice vacation THIS was. Seriously... do not ever come here, be warned! If I could give this 0 stars I would!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I believe that this is my 5th or 6th stay in Las Palomas. I absolutely love staying there. I've stayed at other hotels on Sandy Beach and to me this is by far the best. All room are luxury and cleaned every day. You can bring your own food/purchase it at local stores and cook in the condo or visit their restaurants. Pools are really nice and the beach is kept clean. Staff is really nice and easy going. I will continue to visit this hotel for many years in the future.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am a huge fan of the resort. There is no other place I would rather stay. I have stayed there at least 10 times since 2004. However, the last 3 years have been disappointing. The way we are treated once we are in the resort is embarrassing. Not allowed to have guests join us on the property?? When you pay 1k for 4 nights at a resort the last thing you expect is for the staff to tell you you cant have anyone hang out with you and to leave the property. When you host a Triathlon you might want to treat the people that are at the Triathlon and supporting the resort by buying food and drinks with a little respect! While I was trying to check in to the triathlon I was approached by the staff to tell me I need to leave the property until I told them I was trying to check in to the triathlon. Do you think that makes participants more eager or less eager to stay there the next year? Please! The way they treat people is great for the other resorts in the area! Thats why I stayed at another resort this year. Because of the way we were treated the last two years. My wife was waiting for me to finish the triathlon but was constantly harassed by the staff telling her she couldn't get in the pool with our kids while she was waiting.What? its hot, she spent a hundred dollars in food and drinks and was with friends that were staying there at the resort. She cant sit and wait while I cross the line. Basically the staff sucks! I will never stay there at that resort unless some serious changes occur. Basically what the owners of Las Palomas need to realize is that the staff there is killing their chances to rent their units! I wont be treated like an jerk while Im spending money at the resort. Basically what las palomas should do is look at how Americans run their resorts while trying to get business and copy it. its really not that hard. the current model was put in place by a bunch of idiots! Thanks for letting me rate this resort! I hope folks see how they treat their patrons!

Room Tip: If you have children I would get a ground room. They are great minus the way the staff will treat yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Las Palomas Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!