My second time staying 1 year later same weekend same home it was disgusting! The first time was for a wedding at the location and the same house the second time around. We went back to celebrate the one year wedding vows of our friends.
1. 12 people stayed in this house upon entering the main bathroom is broken, I called 4 times befor they came to visit
2. Front door didn't open fron the inside we could only enter the house using the front door
3. The sheets in all 4 bedrooms were not washed, filled with sand on the inside
No excuse, Mexico is sandy but this was clearly due to not washing them for new guest to arrive
5. The to holders kept falling out of the wall
6. Master bathroom shower was filled with cigarette buds and ashes
7. Roaches in the fridge! I mean in the fridge! Needless to say we found roaches in our dipping sauces we made for our shrimp the next morning. Small ones big ones, roach infestation! It was so disgusting I have no words
8. Roaches in the cabinets, bathrooms and in our bags, they crept into everything. My husband and I slept covering out mouths we were so scared
9. Oven didn't work
10. Stove burners worked when they wanted to
11. Roaches in the dish washer
12. Dishwasher was also broken
13. The counter tops are dark granite , I was washing dishes and when I realized the counter top was moving it was more roaches!
14. If you left your beer out , food cups u found roaches in them within minutes
15. A couple of times the roaches crawled onto the couch while we tried to watch the avengers.
16. The security guard harassed the Hispanic people in our groups. We have Anglo and Hispanics all on the list but he only went after the Hispanics. Our friends had bracelets given by the hotel and still called into front lobby to make sure they were on the list. Our friends our respectable humans, business owners educated people and were singled out. It was very frustrating. This happened everytime they went to the pull.
I called the front desk multiple times and they told me it was out of there control. I have stayed on almost every resort on the beach. This is the first time it was a tru roach infestation. It's common to see one or two but never in my life have I seen so many.
also told them we didn't appreciate them harassing guest who paid to stay at this location. They said nothing. Btw- the pool was filled with many locals that didn't even have bracelets all weekend.mim at a lot at what happened. We will never ever everrrrrrrrrrrrr stay here. I do not recommend this place. I am still slapping my legs and body because I feel little roaches crawling on me. I went over Columbus weekend. Stayed in house 11.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Palmas is an oceanfront resort comprised of privately-owned luxury homes and condominiums. The resort is located along Sandy Beach in Puerto Penasco, Mexico. The town is commonly known as Rocky Point. Las Palmas reflects this new trend with its splendid architecture, groomed landscaping and family-oriented culture. The gated compound offers 24-hour security, heated pools, Jacuzzis, lighted parking and a spectacular club house with swim-up bar, kid's pool, exercise room, game room and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Las Palmas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Las Palmas Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Las Palmas Beachfront
- Las Palmas Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico