Hi there- We stayed here in Bonita 503A. First of all I was expecting this trip to suck. I just came to see my sister here. I was anticipating it to be hot and the ocean to be hot the pool to be hot- etc., etc. So I was just planning a social call.
Okay, so most of my stay was extremely pleasant- LOVED IT!! We stayed over 7/4/12 week. The weather was awesome. The beach was nice, the pool here was awesome. Our kids played for hours on the slides (which were better in person, then the pictures). I was pleasantly surprised. When we first walked into our room- it just seem gorgeous. The kitchen was clean and bright w/ a beautiful view from the window. We also had a beautiful view of the ocean. There were towels and utensils in the kitchen. I would still suggest bringing ones own beach towels. All and all I love it here and will be back. However, I do have to be honest about some things.
We did see one roach each night in our room. I don't care too much about that because of the climate here and when I stayed in San Diego I had the same problem. So we killed the roaches as we saw them. We had 3 total. Second there was a bad sewage smell one day in the room. We called the desk and they came right away and I guess they put bleach or something in the drains. That took care of it and we didn't have that problem again for the rest of our stay. There is no one at the desk after 11:30pm so if you need help w/ something you won't get it. We called security one night for help w/ the sleeper sofa and they couldn't understand what we wanted.
I guess these would be huge problems to some. We didn't mind because all and all we loved our stay. Oh, I should also mention this is Mexico. People did drink and I saw one smoker in the pool at the bar. Second, there were no rules on the slides. People were coming down head first etc. The swim up bar was never open and the jacuzzi was cold for one night of our stay. Okay, take this review for what it is worth. I took the good w/ the bad and I saw more good then bad. I think for the price I paid I get more for my money then in California. Don't forget you get a kitchen and washer and dryer here. We never went out to eat on this trip which saved us a lot of money. I would say that is well worth it for just over $100 per night.
Thanks for reading this review. Also, we travel to Rocky Point on average once a month from Phx. We always go during the day and have never had a problem w/ safety. I wouldn't suggest traveling in Mexico during the night. However, you will find a lot of Americans here. I find Rocky Point to be more safe then some places in Phx.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmas Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Las Palmas Hotel
- Las Palmas Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Las Palmas Beachfront
- Las Palmas Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Palmas is an oceanfront resort comprised of privately-owned luxury homes and condominiums. The resort is located along Sandy Beach in Puerto Penasco, Mexico. The town is commonly known as Rocky Point. Las Palmas reflects this new trend with its splendid architecture, groomed landscaping and family-oriented culture. The gated compound offers 24-hour security, heated pools, Jacuzzis, lighted parking and a spectacular club house with swim-up bar, kid's pool, exercise room, game room and spa. ... more less