“grossss. old. front desk staff are jerks” 1 of 5 stars

Las Palmas
1000 Sandy Beach Rd, Puerto Penasco 83550, Mexico   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Tucson, Arizona
“grossss. old. front desk staff are jerks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

The Jacuzzi was cold so I asked if they can make it hotter. They said they would I went back in and an hour later It was still cold. They didnt seem to care. And then I asked went to the Gym and roaches were crawling around. I went to my room and the wifi didnt work. The kitchen dishes seemed dirty. So i asked to check out early and they said I could but they would charge me all the days I reserved. I payed for 4 nights and was only there 1 day. Screw this place. dirty. Unsafe because of the sorry security staff. And hidden rules that they dont mention until it is for there benifit

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

im on my honey moon typing this. seriously. Im pissed. we came in sunday april 29th . Got married the 28th. and sunday through wed is when their occupancy is low so guess WHAT???? the Jacuzzi is cold! the pool lights are off. the restaurant is closed early. the we asked for towels. they said they would bring some. hours later i went to the front desk and they told me that they dont do that. we have to wash ours. So i said why not say they dont do that that make me wait for them??? the doors on our balcony didnt lock. the wifi DIDNT WORk. dam it im getting mad. the list goes on. please pitch in and pay for honey moon we can relax at. im mad i have to stop typing. xavechany@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Me and my family got 2 houses on the beach and loved them! Everyone at Las Palmas is so nice and helpful! This year we are getting 3 houses and are very excited to come back! In the summer the ocean is beautiful and warm. Our only complaint would be that the pool is too warm when its 100 outside and should be cooler so you can stay in it longer.

Room Tip: Get a house right on the beach! They are clean and very roomy
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chula vista
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I was in Las Palmas Resort Rocky Point for 5 days and rent 4 rooms of which had no screen door so flies would squeeze themselves to the room, another thing I didn't liked about it was that in my room with 2 bedrooms the 3 televisions was broken, I reported at the reception office, but they never went to review them. Another bad thing was that the pools were very cold (April) and only one hot tub was hot, the others hot tubs was with cold water. They don't have enough bunks, in our pool area only 4 bunks, but for Holy Thursday the staff started putting many bunks and heating the pools, It was not fair because I paid holiday price on Monday (so I don't have rights until thursday?). The manager told me that the community owners had decided to heat the pools up on Holy Thursday as well put the bunks, was the worst explanation. Also the rooms had very poor appliances, only 3 tablespoons in a room with 2 bedrooms, I will not turning back to Las Palmas Resort Puerto Penasco.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
calexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

we stayed three days at las palmas beatifull place nice condos clean and cold. nice beaches nice weather and nice pools. very clean picnic areas would recomend it to anyone. had no bad experiences. it is worth every penny spent!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Longmont, Colorado, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Spent 4 days at las palmas. Started with refrigerator not working. A call to the desk and they said they would send someone up to see. After 3 hours decided to walk down and see it we could get something moving. Attendant was watching basketball game and looked surprised to see me. He argued that it needed a while to cool down. Finaly decided to come see for himself. He gave me the key to the room next door and said he would have the maintanace person look at it in the morning. About noon the next day I called down and they said they would send the maint. person up ASAP. 20 mins later a guy shows up with a screwdriver takes off the light cover and says try that. A few hours later now change. A call down to the desk and the attendant argues that its fixed. He comes down and sees some popcicles melted. So after a while he decides to move us to the room next door. A run of the diswasher and the floor was all wet. Must have been the cheap tape they used on the door. Sheets were worn and old. Sofa looked like it had been puked on. Wireless internet required constant modem reboot. Kitchen utensels were broken. Can opener didn't work. Pool had a bunch of drunk men hanging around. One went into the womens bathroom when my wife was in there. All this well the security guards watched and laughed. The next morning there was a pile of puked towels on one of the chairs. No one picked them up for a few days. The restaruant was suppose to open at 9 but didn't open till around 10:15. Only one of the 4 hot tubs worked. This is my 6th year at Las Palmas and my last. It was such a nice place.

Room Tip: Go for one of the Sonrans.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

My family and i went on vacation for relaxation and were in a nice hotel in front a large pool with little kids pool next to it and a jacuzzi next to that. from our balcony i was able 2 see the ocean and nice view. was really private and glad it had internet access on the lobby next to the spa room

Room Tip: the lower floor rooms have best location
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Las Palmas? Share your experiences!