We rented a 3 bedroom condo at the Sonoran Spa in Rocky Point, Mexico July 12 - 14, 2008. We stayed in E401.
I was actually pretty disappointed with this resort - and I have stayed at several of the resorts along Sandy Beach.
Parking - It's gated and gaurded, you can only get in and out of there by showing your wristband. So, if you bring a trailor or any toys (quads, jetskis...) they are pretty safe.
Each condo is owner owned - so the decor varies from condo to condo. This was was pretty nice. You can view pictures of the interior of the different condo units on rockypointres.com.
Most of the condos are fully equipped with everything you will need for your stay.
The balconies are enormous!! And that makes it very nice for views.... you can see the fish market from the balcony.
The pool is very average - sort of large, but NO swim up bar. That was disappointing for everyone. You have to go to the full bar inside the resort for any drinks. This resort also lacks any type of snack bar.
The restaurant here is not very good and is quite pricey for the food they serve. But the drinks are good and actually quite strong!
They have a little mini market - pricey, of course.
I have been going to Rocky Point for 10 years and have probably made 200+ trips down there. I know Rocky Point as well as I know the Valley (I always say I should be an honorary citizen!) I prefer either the Sonoran Sea (which is next door) or 2 resorts down at Bella Sirena.
This resort is good about not allowing the young adults to party too hard there - it's geared more towards families and more mature adults.
Any questions - please feel free to contact me!
- Also Known As:
- Sonoran Spa Resort At Sandy Beach Hotel Puerto Penasco
- Sonoran Spa Resort At Sandy Beach Hotel
- Sonoran Hotel Puerto Peñasco
- Sonoran Resort Puerto Peñasco
- Sonoran Spa Puerto Penasco
- Sonoran Spa Resort At Sandy Beach Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonoran Spa Resort - 202 Condos on Sandy Beach - Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point Mexico) - One, Two & Three Bedrooms - Less 4 Hours From Phoenix, Tucson & Yuma - Full Service Spa - On-Site Restaurant - Tennis Courts - Three Swimming Pools (One Heated) - Jacuzzis - BBQ Grills - Exercise Room - In Room Phones - No Spring Breakers Please ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Sonoran Spa Resort at Sandy Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.