“Clean place right on the beach, ok for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Mirador Village Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Penasco
El Mirador Village Hotel
You added El Mirador Village Hotel to your Saves list
3121 S. Esmeralda Circle, Puerto Penasco 85212, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Puerto Penasco
Cardiff by the Sea California
“Clean place right on the beach, ok for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

El Mirador Hotel

Not bad for the money. Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) has many beautiful resorts (with high prices to match) and has some cheap run down joints that are not scenic, clean or desirable to an American tourist. Hotel Mirador provides a decent place at a decent price. Lots of good points and a few short comings:
The Good:
The hotel is immediately right on the beach. Outside they have community BBQ grills, picnic tables, a palapa for shade, and a modest swimming pool. El Mirador appears to be only about 5 years old and is maintained better than most properties. The grounds are kept clean (no graffiti, no cigarette butts, no trash). The room itself is nothing fancy, modest, but clean with ok beds, towels, soaps, tiny TV, little refrigerator and plumbing that worked well. (Commenting on bath plumbing my seem odd but I have had many inexpensive Mexico hotels where the bathroom didn’t appear clean enough, or water pressure in shower was low, or shower temperature varied from burn you hot to cold, or toilet was lame, this place had none of those issues). This hotel is within walking distance of a few non-upscale bars and restaurants which was interesting to me but they were certainly nothing special. I had the opportunity to meet the owner who is a very nice mature dude from Phoenix. He takes interest in keeping the place maintained and very much cares for both the property and guests.
The not so great:
This is a 4-story hotel with one slow elevator. I ended up on top floor but really didn’t mind as I called it exercise running to the car and back. Some would find this a problem. The walls between rooms allow sound to travel so if you have neighbors who are anything less than very quite they will disturb you. It is hard to tell who the real clientele are here. I saw friendly families of Mexican nationals, I saw people from Phoenix who were there to party hard, young people, old people, nice people, odd people but there certainly didn’t seem to be a consistent demographic of those you would be sharing the your temporary home with. There was an older Mexican couple at the front desk when I checked in (not the owners) who were not mean but certainly not nice either. They were just going through the process and did nothing to welcome me other than execute and hand me a key. The immediate neighborhood includes a number of trailer parks. The area in general seems neither terrible or great (both of which you can find in other parts of town).
Overall:
Not a mistake to check into El Mirador. This is clean place, on the beach, nice owner all at a reasonable price. You get all that you pay for, yet it falls short of a caliber of property that my wife or more well to do friends might expect. I will be back and happy with Hotel Mirador, but only when the budget and expectations of who I am traveling with is appropriate to this neighborhood and class of property.

Room Tip: 4 story hotel with slow elevator. Higher level is good for view, lower level easier to access. Built...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

AC is good, rooms are clean.. BUT if you plan on heading to the beach, FORGET IT! HORRIBLE! Worst my family and I have ever seen! Pool closes at 9:30pm everyday. Even at a city hotel they close at 10 or 11 weekends. Service is the worst! The "manager" was the rudest ever! Does not even welcome you or thank you. Maintenance man was rude and mean! Yelled at some kids who were just having fun. He is lucky they were not OUR kids! TV gets NO cable or even regular channels. Stairs smell. Elevator is worst condition ever! No one seems to care. Unless you are there to be drunk the whole time, it is not the place to be! I prefer paying more but being treated well and appreciated. Considering I have a choice of where we stay. Beach should be cleaned up with all the horrible rocks!!! A little attention to customers and making them feel welcomed always helps. Cleaning crew were very nice and helpful! Those ladies are the only possotive thing I have to talk about. They work hard and assist everyone how ever they can.

Room Tip: First and second floor are great. Pool is BEAUTIFUL and great size, Only thing it closes to early fo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Glendale, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

What I liked about this hotel: Great price, good location, right on the beach, very clean, cold ac, modern,nice clean pool. Now the down side. We were on the fourth floor. They turned the elevator off after the cleaning staff went home. It was the slowest elevator I have every been on. No ac in it. We just walked up and down to avoid it even when it was on. The last day there, as we were checking out, we decided to use it because of luggage. It became stuck between floors. There is a buzzer but no telephone in it. We kept hitting the buzzer and after a few minutes they came and let us out. They want you to wear a wrist band the whole time you are staying in the hotel. Like they band they put on you at the hospital that only goes on once. We were not going to wear a band the whole weekend and took them off. There was no problem with that. On Saturday night of Labor Day weekend the music from a nearby bar kept us awake. The biggest concern I had was that the stairs are in the middle of the hotel. We were staying in a room on the end. If there had been a fire in a room between us and the stairs there was no other way to get down.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to El Mirador Village Hotel? Share your experiences!