“Lovely hotel very relaxing courteous staff.” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Crosthwaite LA8 8JE, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crosthwaite
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel very relaxing courteous staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Have just come back from a weekend with my hubby which we both enjoyed very much. The hotel was very clean and the rooms comfortable we didn't eat at the hotel as we had other plans but What we we saw looked lovely and the breakfasts were very good fresh produce served super quick, with the added bonus of the ducks looking in from the windows which look out onto the beautiful gardens. The pool was very relaxing with jacuzzi,steam room and sauna just the to ticket after a long walk. Although you are not in a town here you are only 15/20 minutes away from Bowness so very central. All in all we had a lovely stay and enjoyed the quiz on Saturday night which was a bit of a giggle!! Wayne was a perfect host and deserves acknowledgement for running a
Lovely hotel. Thanks to everyone for a perfect weekend including the weather, hope to be back in the New Year! Love
A & P McArthur. Stockton on Tees

• Stayed September 2013
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Damson Dene Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review we're delighted you enjoyed your stay. We'd love to see you again in the New Year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our short break at this hotel, having stayed here numerous times in the past. The staff as always are wonderful. Love the fact the dog is with us & we can enjoy lovely long walks during the day, come back to a nice jacuzzi bath & a wonderful 3 course meal.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We always love to welcome back our repeat guests and their fury friends. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Lakes.
Sheffield England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Damson Dene, we found the hotel décor very tired and in need of some refurbishment, but don't let this put you off, the staff and service was average, the food in both the restaurant and bar was delicious ( however a limited choice on the restaurant menu ). My wife and I was given a family room for just us two it contained a double bed and two single beds, the two single bed was not made up or covered with a throw , just folded duvet's one containing stain's. My wife asked for another room but was told the hotel was full !but it clearly wasnt the case. ( I know we purchased the stay on a travel discount web site, I think the room was given because of this, we would have gladly paid to upgrade ). The location of the hotel was good , a ten minute drive to Lake Windermere . Overall it was an average stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry we were unable to change your room during your stay. You will understand why we do not make up the extra beds in a room but we certainly take on board your comments and have ordered some throws that will be used to cover spare beds. I hope you were able to enjoy all the area has to offer during your stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Have just returned from a two night stay. Very impressed with the hotel overall. Rooms well equipped, comfortable beds, relaxing lounge area which I can imagine would be lovely in the winter with the open fire. Dinner was delicious with generous portions and the restaurant was nice with good views over the gardens and duck pond. Breakfast was hearty and set us up nicely for a days walking. The spa facilities were great and the service friendly and professional. A great little hotel close to lake Windermere. We will definitely return

• Stayed September 2013
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Damson Dene Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. It feels like we've just stopped lighting the fire for the season, but it won't be long now before it is back to its crackling ways. I'm happy you enjoyed our spa facilities and appreciate your kind words about our staff. Do come and visit us again!
Burnley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

To my delight I found myself able to pamper myself with a long awaited visit to two of my most favourite hotels, located in my most favourite of places to visit: The Lake District.
My first review for some time is at The Damson Dean Hotel in Crosthwaite, LA8 8JE (015395 68676) Manager: Wayne Bartholomew.
First off: What a wonderful host. Wayne, who has other aptitudes as an actor of some considerable talent and is the most welcoming of persons; so much so, that if the accommodation was substandard, I would still wish return there as often as I could. It is a fact that the standard of rooms is very adequate and very comfortable (and where pets are welcomed) as indeed is the high standard of cuisine and service achieved by an enthusiastic and helpful staff during my stay. All this, and without breaking the bank! My room had a very powerful shower and plenty of tea, coffee and chocolate drinks to satisfy anyone’s thirst.
The grounds of the hotel, though not massive, have an exquisite charm. The weather during my stay was perfect for one to amble about the garden; taking Photos and to, may be, take in the peaceful scenery of this very rural scene. I guess the standard it possibly is awarded would make this hotel perhaps 3 star rating but, I believe, that would not be reward enough to such a fine hotel managed by such a charming and sociable Manager. It is located within the countryside and just a few miles from Windermere and Bowness, and an ideal location for a tour of the South Lakes.
Thank you to ‘Mine Host’ Wayne, and thank you, also, to all the staff at The Damson Dean Hotel. I will be back if you’ll have me. My Rating: Highly recommended!
Colin Ingram.

Room Tip: You have pets and you want a warm welcome, Ideal. If you have no pets on your own or with family: pe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for this lovely review. It was our pleasure hosting you and all of the staff really appreciate your mentioning them. I am also pleased you enjoyed our pleasant location and accommodation as well. Thank you finally for recommending us to others and we sincerely hope you make a return visit to us in the future!
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at the Damson Dene for a second time and again found it to be a friendly, warm and welcoming place. The room was good, the food was great and the dog was made very welcome. We highly recommend you have a spa treatment with Sharon, as we found this to be a wonderful addition to our break.
We look forward to booking again next year.
mark, keith and judah the dog

Room Tip: superior rooms are good, but twin or double rooms give you more space
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Damson Dene Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for staying and for posting this 5-star review. Thanks for bringing your dog along too; we love meeting guests' dogs (and the guests too). See you again next year.
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night on the way to Scotland. The staff were very friendly and polite. Overall the hotel was good but it was a good 20 mins away from anything to do in the Lake District. No porter staff or assistance and breakfast timings were a bit restricted between 8am and 10am made it tough in the morning. I would say it's a good hotel for the money we paid and a good convenient stop over

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for visiting and posting this nice review. I'm happy you found us to be a good stop over for your trip south. It's funny, the previous review mentions how our secluded location was perfect to retire to after a nice day out in the Lakes; to each their own! Thanks again.

Been to Damson Dene Hotel? Share your experiences!