I really enjoyed this break with my husband 25th jan to 28th we stopped in Ulswater suite 1 in the main building as we got there it started snowing and staff were already gritting the paths.
The suite was like a mini apartment and had everything you needed, it's interior was very stylish and put together very well. No complaints here whatsoever was lovely and cosy with snow outside.
The facilities Firstly the restaurants this gets 5 star for me food was amazing pâté with cranberry sauce main was chicken with tarragon sauce husband had Cajun chicken and delicious deserts cheesecake and American Chocolate fudge cake with bottle of wine £60 excellent value.
The bar was a great area with huge screen tv would normally have been entertainment here but with weather or time of year didn't see any. Games were left in a corner which I thought was a great touch. Drinks very reasonable Pint of lager and Baileys £4.
Separate games room
Swimming pool was warm and hot tub had a fab view although husband had job getting in because of his 6 foot height but there was a sign to warn you, once in v.relaxing also tried out sauna and steam room.
Changing rooms the only negative to the whole experience there dirt and hair on floor of changing room and this was very off putting. Blaming other guests but this could have been cleaned up.
Outdoors was great with the snow walked over the crazy golf course :) after the snow staff cleared the track and paths very quickly,
overall very quiet and relaxing holiday fabulous staff and facilities.
- Also Known As:
- Seasons Holidays Whitbarrow Village Hotel
- Seasons Holidays Whitbarrow Village Hotel Berrier
- Seasons Holidays Whitbarrow Village Cumbria, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just fifteen minutes from the M6 motorway, halfway between Penrith and Keswick and a mere five minutes from Ullswater, The Whitbarrow Village resort sits beneath the famous blencathra fell (also known locally as Saddleback) and offers both luxury and serenity to all who visit – as well as easy access to the delights of The Lake District. ... more less