We have been regular visitors to the hotel since our daughter moved to the Highlands some years ago. It is about half-way from our home to hers, and tucked away some few hundred metres from the rear of Tebay Services on the M6. The location is wonderful with views over moorland to distant mountains. We always stay for dinner as it is great value, and always superbly prepared. There is a large lounge with adjacent bar made even more inviting by the roaring log fire throughout the winter. Ample, dedicated car parking means only a short walk to reception, and that is important as the position in bad weather is quite exposed - lashing rain and gale force winds could make arrival difficult otherwise. Always friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel make our short breaks even more enjoyable, and coupled with special offers this really is an affordable hotel that gives great value for money. The dining room is fronted by large glass windows outside which is a totally realistic stream with waterfalls. If it is very cold we recommend asking for a table that is not in the area adjacent to the windows as that can be colder than the inner part of the restaurant. All bedrooms are ensuite, delightfully furnished with comfy beds and thick duvets, good fluffy towels and smart new TVs, with coffee/tea making facilities. We always look forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family owned 3 star Westmorland Hotel has a contemporary design, which uses natural materials throughout. Friendly and relaxing with a cosy lounge complete with crackling log fire and 50 comfortable bedrooms with luxurious bathrooms and many have breathtaking mountain views too. The restaurant has tempting menus serving the finest local ingredients including Galloway Beef and Herdwick lamb from our farm just a mile away. Our award winning Farmshop is a short walk from the Hotel, where you can stock up on goodies with the cool bags provided. Add to this our attentive team of staff who care passionately that your stay at The Westmorland Hotel will be the first of many. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Westmorland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westmorland Hotel Penrith
- Westmorland Hotel Orton, England