Was desperately trying to find a dog friendly hotel for a weekend in Cumbria that was affordable and stumbled on this one. It couldn't have been better! Dog bowls, dog mat and a bag of dog treats ensured the German Shepherd was entirely happy with the stay, and a comfortable room, lovely restuarant views and a log fire meant his humans were happy too. Yes, it is a motorway hotel - but - once in the hotel you would never know it. Charming.
Re-booked an overnight stop as part of a business trip and the hotel could not be more accommodating. Arriving at 1.00 am I did not expect to be offered a drink from the bar and sandwiches and a late breakfast if I woke late! Staff are charming.
I will be back again for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family owned 3 star Westmorland Hotel has a contemporary design, which uses natural materials throughout. Friendly and relaxing with a cosy lounge complete with crackling log fire and 50 comfortable bedrooms with luxurious bathrooms and many have breathtaking mountain views too. The restaurant has tempting menus serving the finest local ingredients including Galloway Beef and Herdwick lamb from our farm just a mile away. Our award winning Farmshop is a short walk from the Hotel, where you can stock up on goodies with the cool bags provided. Add to this our attentive team of staff who care passionately that your stay at The Westmorland Hotel will be the first of many. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westmorland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westmorland Hotel Penrith
- Westmorland Hotel Orton, England