What a great choice for a stopover right next M6 northbound between North and South journey. Farm shops and service station have reputation of providing high quality locally produce which is stocked in hotel too . Free coffee on arrival before 5.30pm.
Open log fire opposite a well stocked local beers bar ideal way to chill out after a long drive or walk.
Rooms very comfortable with all the trimmings plus more with local soaps to add.
Restaurant was very charming providing wide choice of high quality food deserving of its awards.
Breakfast is one of the best i have had, local cumberland sausage to die for....mmmmmmm
- Also Known As:
- Westmorland Hotel Penrith
- Westmorland Hotel Orton, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family owned 3 star Westmorland Hotel has a contemporary design, which uses natural materials throughout. Friendly and relaxing with a cosy lounge complete with crackling log fire and 50 comfortable bedrooms with luxurious bathrooms and many have breathtaking mountain views too. The AA award winning restaurant has tempting menus serving the finest local ingredients including Galloway Beef and Herdwick lamb from our farm just a mile away. Our award winning Farm Shop is a short walk from the Hotel, where you can stock up on goodies with the cool bags provided. Add to this our attentive team of staff who care passionately that your stay at The Westmorland Hotel will be the first of many. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Westmorland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.