This was our 3rd visit to this hotel on our way to Scotland. It is located within the Westmorland Services on the northbound carriageway of the M6, but also accessible from the southbound carriageway. We had previously stayed at the camp site many times when we had a motorhome or caravan. I always wanted to stay at this hotel (when it used to be called Tebay Mountain Lodge) and eventually we decided to give it a try, firstly 3 years ago, then last year and more recently last week.
Again we had a lovely relaxing time there having a beautiful evening meal cooked to perfection. Breakfast was help yourself with a great choice, even kippers and porridge were on the menu.
Staying here feels like a real luxurious treat, as it is quite a bit more expensive than I would usually pay for a hotel, but I felt it was well worth it for just one night and I have booked another night for the return homeward journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family owned 3 star Westmorland Hotel has a contemporary design, which uses natural materials throughout. Friendly and relaxing with a cosy lounge complete with crackling log fire and 50 comfortable bedrooms with luxurious bathrooms and many have breathtaking mountain views too. The restaurant has tempting menus serving the finest local ingredients including Galloway Beef and Herdwick lamb from our farm just a mile away. Our award winning Farmshop is a short walk from the Hotel, where you can stock up on goodies with the cool bags provided. Add to this our attentive team of staff who care passionately that your stay at The Westmorland Hotel will be the first of many. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Westmorland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westmorland Hotel Penrith
- Westmorland Hotel Orton, England