“Worst holiday ever!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Helens
Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Nodes Road, St Helens PO33 1YA, England   |
“Worst holiday ever!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked holiday in a gold Plus... What a joke that was it was cold damp and very smelly. The beds was so painfull to sleep in. The pool was not what we expected from the photos and the floor was very slippie even when it been cleaned off and was not anti slip as I know what anti slip looks and feels like...... and most of the time was unable to go swimming as I had 3 under 8s even tho my 7 year old can swim 1000m in his swimming club I still was not alowed in alown I had my friend with me but she was off out with her local family and friends I booked at Nodes point as it looked ideal as I didn't think I'd have to go off site much.
The older bar man was rude and like everything was to much effort. The food was not as good as had at over parks so spend most of are time eating out so was never there for the nightlife but from what I heard from other people we did not miss much.
I would go back to the isle of wight but I would never step foot in NODES POINT!!!!!!! Save your cash and do not go to this park it needs a total refit

• Stayed May 2013
Park R, General Manager at Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi Miss Mummy,

I’m really disappointed that we didn’t meet your expectations at Nodes Point and apologetic if our Gold plus accommodation was not to your liking. I find your comments about the accommodation unusual as all our gold plus category units have been fully booked since we opened on 22nd March and never received any complaints about them being cold, damp & very smelly from past customers. The accommodation comes with double glazing & central heating so unsure why in this instance you felt it was cold, damp & smelly. This is something we will monitor from future guests so thank you for bring it to our attention. The beds in caravans come equipped from the manufactures and to specification of the pacific units. I sorry to hear you didn’t find them comfortable.

Park resorts ensure the safety of all our guests and you and your party are without exception. It is our policy that young children are welcome to swim if accompanied by a supervising adult especially if the child is a weak swimmer, therefore it is paramount health & safety on the park protects all our guests in any eventuality. I take into account your comments about the swimming pool floor being slippery when wet. Swimming pool floors are obviously going to get wet and do ask customers to take extra care around the pool. The tiles on the floor are to health & safety legislation.

Nodes Point prides it’s self on the fantastic departmental teams we have and there are an abundance of positive comments on how friendly the team are especially within the Entertainment Complex. The older barman in the bar has committed to many years working here and has a great following of customers. In all the years he has worked here we have never had a complaint about his attitude towards guests. I’m sorry if you found him offensive, this certainly was not his intention to offend anyone.

I’m disappointed that you won’t be returning with us for your future vacations and find it extremely unfortunate that we did not create amazing memories for you during your stay.

585 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
worksop
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

dont matter if the weathers bad and you have to stay around the complex the staff are really nice and you dont get bored really helpful and entertaining staff I have been coming here for about 5 years and will continue as they have a brilliant entertainments team overall warm friendly place thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Jil,

Thanks for you great comments, It’s really reassuring to know you had a great time with us. The Entertainment Team this year are fantastic and seem to be the talk of our guests who interact with them. I will pass on you comments to them.

After 5 years, you never get bored tells me that Nodes Point is on the top of your holiday list. Thank you for your continued custom & support you have given us and will look forward to your frequent visits in many years to come!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Just got back today (may 10) Had a fantastic time as always thank you to all the staff from management to some staff you don't always see special thanks to zippy, rob, jas and all the team stars sorry I rubbish with new names you once again excelled yourselves and made my holiday also Kevin ,Sara and young Alex in the bar also Tracey security staff as well thanks jimmy and all the rest for helping make me feel safe .this park,is amazing not far from the small beach and make you so welcome that's why we keep going back 2 or 3 times a year even though it takes 4 trains 2 taxis and a ferry so worth it can't wait to see you all again.

• Stayed May 2013
Park R, General Manager at Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your great review, It’s great to see so many positive comments about how helpful the team is here at Nodes. May I thank you very much for your comments and hope it’s not too long before you return.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband booked this holiday as a surprise for me and my elderly parents. A week before we were due to go my mother was taken ill and we knew she would not be well enough to go. I phoned and spoke to Claire who was so friendly and helpful and said she had spoken to her line Manager and they would be in touch to re-arrange another date. When we eventually went to Nodes Point, the position of the caravan we were allocated was not suitable for my disabled mother as you could not park a car nearby and my mother is unable to walk far. I explained this to Donna in reception and again we were met with a friendly helpful member of staff who could not do enough to resolve a bad situation. The site was fully booked but by making the effort to help us she re-arranged her bookings to give us a caravan with parking. The caravan was very clean with great views which made for a great holiday. I would definitely recommend this site and will be returning soon. A big thank you to Donna and Claire for all their help and who are a credit to Park Resorts.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.
Thank you for your wonderful comment regarding the staff and the Nodes Point Team, but really we should be thanking you for your support and custom.
I’m delighted so many of the team made a great impact on your experience. It’s very important that we get it right and it seems we done just that in your instance. It’s fantastic to see you coming back 2 to 3 times a year. May we hope it’s not too long before you return to Nodes Point!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The place was beautiful and the park is located 5 minutes from the beach. The staff were extremely friendly and were more than happy to help whenever possible. I would highly recommend this Park Resorts Isle of Wight Park and will definitely go again!

HI Farziz,

Thank you very much for your comments. I’m really glad you had a great time with us and my team created amazing memories for you.

I’m sure your comments will go far towards other guests making a decision whether to choose a holiday at Nodes Point. We look forward in welcoming you in the future.
Epsom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute decision to go over to the Isle of Wight for the May Bank Holiday weekend and we were delighted with how it all turned out. The night before we were due to arrive I received a phone call from a guy named Tony, who we later discovered was "Touring Tony" warden of the camping area, I was initially waiting for him to say there was a problem and we couldn't come! But no, he told us where to go on arrival to the campsite, talked about distance from the ferry etc and wished us a pleasant journey across! Wow! How impressive, in 12 years of touring, never has anyone called in advance like that! It made us feel quite special. Touring Tony is a most welcoming, polite and extremely helpful guy, always smiling and willing to chat or help out campers in need! He helped us with advice on solving a "slight problem" we had with our motor home, nothing was to much trouble, he even came round on our day of departure to see if we would like a late check out! Again, nothing we have ever experienced before, he must be a real asset to the touring part of the park. Toilets and shower house were always clean and tidy, the pitches well cared for and tidy. It was a lovely walk through the camping field down to the beach where there was a small restaurant/bar/ice cream shop.
We enjoyed the very friendly welcome by all the staff in the Harbour Bar, always smiling with a friendly word, again nothing was too much trouble.
The site shop although small had a very good variety of stock and also there was a large Tesco just a couple of miles away.
Night time noise, well there wasn't any, people clearly respected the site rules and as a result of all of the above I am quite sure we will be back!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I’m really delighted you had a great stay with us. In the winter months we set out a goal for our touring customers. We wanted to appoint a warden who knew what touring life was about and came up with a plan of action for Tony by putting ourselves in our touring customers shoes.

I’m delighted that Tony is living up to the expectations of Nodes Point’s vision & values. Like yourself many of our customers have commented on Tony’s pre arrival calls. It seems that most customers value this as it gives them a clear expectation of what to expect when they arrive.

Tony is hard working and very passionate about touring & the experience his guests undertake when visiting us. I will certainly pass on your positive comments.

Like Tony we have chosen a team for all departments who embrace their positions here at Nodes Point & ensure the teams are happy at all times by rewarding & congratulating them. A happy team means happy holiday makers, so I’m thrilled you found all my team putting the customer at their heart & soul.

May I thank you once again and hope it’s not too long before you tour with us again.
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We turned up at Nodes point at around 11 o clock, we had booked a electric camping pitch but decided to upgrade to one of the parks ready set up tents, we paid the extra amount and went to the tent The tent wasn't amazing, basic stove and fridge in the corner and the bottom of the tent wasn't actually attatched to the floor, we had been told it was cleaned prior to our arrival, although the floor was filthy and the mop in the corner still had its plastic packaging around it, never the less we moped ourselves, made dinner and went for a swim in the pool. In all fairness to the park, the pool is large and spacious with things in and round the pool such as body boards and toys for children to play with which we thought was accomodating.
After a swim we used the shower block for a wash, the boilers are unreliable and run from hot to cold to scorching hot within minutes! use the bath not the showers!
After coming back from the entertainment around 9 30, we went into our tent to find the floor flooded and the sides of the tent were being blown away, we decided not to make a big thing of it, mopped it up and filled pots and pans with water to hold the side of the tent down so it would not leak anymore. We got into our bed and appempted to sleep although this failed due to the tent flapping so much around us. We chose to go sit in the front of the tent once we realised we weren't going to get any sleep, only to find that the floor was once again swimming in water and worrying it was dangerous as it was flooded over the fridge and the eletricals, we proceeded to ring the night wardon 3 times who didn't even answer. We resorted to going back to the entertainement bar and saught out the help of the security guards who were very helpful! They told us to pack our things up and sort something our for us, we did this and returned 10 minutes later all packed up! One of the security gaurds gave us a key to an emergency Chalet saying we could stay in it for the night and would not be charged but would be the night after! We said we would rather just travel home as our hoilday was ruined anyway, if they could ensure we could get a refund of our money, which they said we would have to sort out in the moring! HAving little choice we went and stayed in the chalet which was by no means better than the flooded tent we had just left!
The following morning we got up at 6am and waited for reception to open at 9, when we got to reception we told them what had happened and they apologised. They set about trying to find somewhere to put us although we continuously said we just wanted to go home. In the end, the receptionist could not find anywhere to put us so told us we could have a full refund which we agreed too, then she went out back and returned telling us we were only allowed to have half a refund! We asked to speak to the manager and were told we could, then 30 seconds later got told she was far too busy to talk to us! Before we knew it a refund sheet was printed out and we were only getting half our money back because we stayed the night in a chalet we didnt even want! Over all i would NEVER recommend this resort to anyone , complete waste of money and ruined our anniversary.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Becca D,

Thank you for commenting on Trip Advisor, It’s disappointing to hear your stay in our ready erected tents was not an enjoyable one.

After making enquiries into your complaint I am led to believe that you originally booked to stay in your own tent but found it too windy. We then arranged for you to stay in one of our ready erected tents. As you are probably aware, camping is a far different concept to caravan or chalet holidays as there are certain elements of experiences which tent customers may endeavour. The main one being the unpredictable weather. I am sorry that this caused you both little sleep, it seems the wind & rain caused the tent to flap around. If the weather could be controlled, please rest assured we would order the sunshine in abundance. I am though sorry to hear that water was coming through the bottom of your tent, I can only imagine your displeasure of this. Our Touring Warden does work normal daytime hours and is not on a 24 hour call out, I am however pleased that our night Security looked after your needs by granting you a chalet for the rest of your stay.

I’m understanding you originally booked for two nights with us. The next day you stated that you did not wish to undertake the second night so a 50% refund was offered in which you accepted.

We do everything possible to ensure all our customers are happy and seems that on this occasion we could not meet any of your expectations. If there is a next time I only hope you choose accommodation that is at a level of comfort to you.

Been to Nodes Point Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!